Sign in to follow this  
Crimson Death

Deadly Accuracy House Rule?

I'm playing a character with Deadly Accuracy again and again it's just so overpowered compared to anything else. Last time I had this talent was when the game first dropped so we really didn't know much about the meta etc.

Deadly Accuracy has nothing to do with accuracy. It just adds flat damage based on how many ranks in a combat skill you possess. 

Why not do this instead. Add ONE success per combat skill rank that you have. IE if you have 3 ranks in Ranged Light you add 3 success to your roll. To me it just seems more fitting since now you are more accurate and your damage output can be diminished by setbacks.

Let me know what you think.

An up to 5 extra damage (5 ranks) that costs 75 experience to get and can only be used one hit regardless of links or autofires. Plus the extra 30 or so exp to get the talent. So a 105xp foe this extra damage, seems rather fair to me. Especially compared to other mechanics that effect damage that are much easier to get. E.g. autofire

I like where you're going - the power of DA being diminished by a bad roll - but it also means that many shots that would have missed (and thus done zero damage) are now going to end up doing at least a little.

How about DA giving Pierce = Skill Ranks instead of straight damage?  (e.g. you're good at accurately hitting weak points.)  At least then it's nerfed a little against low Soak targets.

Edited by Col. Orange

An up to 5 extra damage (5 ranks) that costs 75 experience to get and can only be used one hit regardless of links or autofires. Plus the extra 30 or so exp to get the talent. So a 105xp foe this extra damage, seems rather fair to me. Especially compared to other mechanics that effect damage that are much easier to get. E.g. autofire

RAW, can't Deadly Accuracy be used with Autofire?  The first hit of an attack benefits from DA but extra hits generated do not, is how I read it.

Edited by Col. Orange

RAW, can't Deadly Accuracy be used with Autofire?  The first hit of an attack benefits from DA but extra hits generated do not, is how I read it.

Which is exactly what Arrakus said. The first hit gets the DA bonus, but not all the added hits from Advantage.

I think it's fine, it's only Deadly if it's Accurate.  Whether you pile up extra damage, or you mod a low crit weapon to be even lower and stack Lethal Blows, as PCs advance they are going to get more 'Lethal' and 'Deadly'.  If a GM has a concern, be a miser with xp awards.