Sign in to follow this  
Marinealver

TIE Shuttle, using a title to make a new ship instead of making a brand new ship.

Bottom line is, the TIE Shuttle has been statted out multiple times in various EU sources, and it's never had the reverse wing design.

The shot in the film is impossible to tell which way they bend.

The ONLY place where the TIE Shuttle has reversed wings is in the storyboards for the film.  Which they may not have even used.

So, EU sources say the wings are normal.  Canon sources...don't exist.

If you really want reversed wings, ask FFG to make this.

Edited by DarthEnderX

Jonus is going to be brilliant with this. As noted, Jonus, Fleet Officer, MkII Engines and - what? Maybe Rebel Captive?

I like the idea but I'm not sure you even want a named pilot.

The point is to combine fleet officers focus tokens with jonus's area of effect reroll ability to provide support for a pair of flanking ordnance carriers. They can TL to fire a torp, then modify the attack with both rerolls and focus. If you don't use Jonus, you loose the buff for your other ships.

I am 95% sure the wings are reversed in that clip from the movie. Look at the perspective and shadows on the wings.

dito. I think I'm gonna rip off the wings on a bomber tomorrow and try it out, just to have an impression if it looks okay on the mini.

TIE/fo is almost as different (model wise) to the /ln as the /ln is to the Interceptor.

No.  No it ****ing isn't.  If they were painted the same, you wouldn't be able to tell they were different models unless you were holding them in your hands.  As evidenced by the fact that nobody knew they were different models until they had them in their hands.

You can tell an Interceptor isn't a TIE Fighter from 10 feet away.

Quoted for truth. Except I would add that there are people who don't notice the differences between /ln and /fo even with the models in hand.

I guess I'm just over sensative to TIE fighter designs because the differences in the /fo and /ln were glaringly apparent to me when I first saw images of the models. But then I do obsess over TIE fighters and the various models to point of making several models of them, and becoming very upset when an 'official' model kit leaves out or changes details.

Really, the changes to the main hull are far more drastic than just adding pointy wings with guns on them. But then I've always thought of the Interceptor as the 'hey look they are faster now cause we made them pointy' school of updating TIEs. By contrast the Bomber and Advanced (and Shuttle) were very different from the main TIE and looked like a lot of effort went into designing them. The interceptor looks like someone just kitbashed a TIE with the Advanced wings put on backwards with holes cut into them.

I am 95% sure the wings are reversed in that clip from the movie. Look at the perspective and shadows on the wings.

dito. I think I'm gonna rip off the wings on a bomber tomorrow and try it out, just to have an impression if it looks okay on the mini.

Don't forget to neuter the bomb chute too.

Bottom line is, the TIE Shuttle has been statted out multiple times in various EU sources, and it's never had the reverse wing design.

The ONLY place where the TIE Shuttle has reversed wings is in the storyboards for the film.  Which they may not have even used.

This variant, despite being connected to TFU, makes a lot of in-universe sense if the Shuttle as a Bomber variant already sported 'inverted' wings, with the unnamed design using defender wings

This variant, despite being connected to TFU, makes a lot of in-universe sense if the Shuttle as a Bomber variant already sported 'inverted' wings, with the unnamed design using defender wings

I see what you're saying.

It's as if someone took the TIE Shuttle modifications, and applied them to the TIE Heavy Bomber.

Don't forget to neuter the bomb chute too.

*insert offensive swearing here*

*censored by the imperial inquisition*

;)

Community Service Incoming, BRACE FOR IMPACT!

So, I was more curious and tried it as of now.

the left wing went of so easily and clean that I happily tried the same on the right and *snap* *curses*

well.. one more reason to convert I guess ;)

aaanyway:

http://imgur.com/a/h3xgz

tdYhsNl.jpg

inMRCIW.jpg

iMfhVxt.jpg

sorry for the crappy quality.

I think I quite like the way it looks and will convert 1, and more when I'm still happy in the end. 

Edited by WokeUpDead

With a boarding craft you can send boarding party team into a CR90 or a YT-1300 and turn it against your opponent.

Take it over, maybe not. But 'Stormtrooper Boarding Party' as a two-crew upgrade, discardable, that places some lasting damage-causing shenanigans on a huge ship instead of attacking seems perfectly characterful.

I like this idea, perhaps a single crew stormtrooper elite or even a spacetrooper, non unique non limited so you can equip multiple, at start of end phase discard to ion/stress any ship you are touching. Gives the shuttle a neat blocker role.

I wonder if the Tie bomber can still dock to the Gozanti with the Tie Shuttle title, it should not be able to right?

As far as the game rules are concerned, it's no different than a YV-666 with the Hound's Tooth title. You can still play Maneuvering Fins on a ship with the Hound's Tooth title, because it's still a YV-666. Likewise, for the TIE Shuttle, it's a TIE Bomber with the TIE Shuttle title, so it will still be able to dock to the Gozanti. It would need a different ship card for it to be considered a different ship from the game's perspective.

With a boarding craft you can send boarding party team into a CR90 or a YT-1300 and turn it against your opponent.

Take it over, maybe not. But 'Stormtrooper Boarding Party' as a two-crew upgrade, discardable, that places some lasting damage-causing shenanigans on a huge ship instead of attacking seems perfectly characterful.

I like this idea, perhaps a single crew stormtrooper elite or even a spacetrooper, non unique non limited so you can equip multiple, at start of end phase discard to ion/stress any ship you are touching. Gives the shuttle a neat blocker role.

That's a really cool idea! I'd love to see boarding mechanics. The idea of a cheap (1 point?) discardable crew card to enhance blocking is a really cool one, especially if it did both stress and double Ion - that would make avoiding that ship paramount, and reward unpredictable flying even more. A double crew boarding party would also be cool: Perhaps something along the lines of "Attack: If you are touching a large base enemy ship you may force your opponent to discard one crew card on that ship. Then discard this card and deal one damage to the enemy ship. You may not attack again this round." 

Bomb, Imperial only, Spacetrooper.

Each round, Spacetroopers may move 1 in any direction at PS0. At PS0 they will make a 2 die attack at the nearest enemy ship. They have 1 hull and 2 agility.

this would be.... game changing, for the good.... I dunno.