Sign in to follow this  
rabid1903

Integrated Astromech in Rebel Veterans

The Rebel Transport also has most of the really desirable astromechs in the game, which while not a fix, are nothing to be sneezed at. Also don't forget that Imp Aces had two copies of PtL thus negating the need for additional A-wings.

Hwk is a cheaper TLT platform than a Gold and can equip Tactician so it's not that bad off Rebel side. Scum side they're solid as hell.

Uh....Are we looking at the same astromechs? R2-D6 is worthless, R4-D6 doesnt have a home on anything but a Y-Wing and that has better options, R3-A2 only found use on Y-Wings because X-Wings literally die from stress, and R5-P9 was never, ever used until Poe came out because it is extremely, EXTREMELY unlikely that a focus token isnt going to get used in a round by anyone but Poe. It was a much, much crappier version of R2-D2 that never triggers unless you're running away from a fight and not shooting or, more importantly, getting shot at. Poe is the only person who can effectively use R5-P9.

You still can't ignore that a naked HWK is mathematically worth just over half the points you're paying for it. Upgrades can begin to patch those holes, but there is no ignoring the fact that you are spending points on something that simply isn't worth it.

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

Actually, unless episode 7 has e wings (unlikely, because of t-70s filling the same role.) that might be a strike against luke and for some EU pilot. Tyco and Keyan come to mind, but I don't think the player character from X Wing had a B wing

I guess you meant "E-Wing" there, because Keyan spent almost the whole last 24 mission campaign in the game on a B-Wing.

The Y-Wing is one of the most used ships right now. The Y-Wing got TLTs, Most Wanted, and various other nice things. I severely, severely doubt Y-Wings would be in a Rebel Vets pack. If they are, i'm going to be extremely disappointed and more than a little upset. The Rebel ships that need the most help are the E-Wing, the T-65, and the HWK. Some of you seem to be forgetting that Imperial Vets is a fix pack. Name one reason a Y-Wing needs a fix. There's nothing wrong with it. Y-Wings regularly make the top 8 in tournaments. 

So?  Arguably the most used ships should be the ones that get the veteran packs -- people like them.  This game is about fun, not about perfect balance.  Not everyone cares about tournament play.  I want more y-wings because I like y-wings, not because I feel they need a "fix".  Ditto for x-wings.

Nope, the most used ships get packed in with Huge ships so you they get to charge you US$50-100 for more pilots that you want and a huge ship that you may not have wanted (See Rebel Transport [back when X-Wings were more popular] and Imperial Assault Carrier). Aces are a US$30 buck pack to try to convince you to give an old tired ship or two another chance. 

FFG makes ships for you to have fun, but in order for that to continue happening, they need you to buy (and want to keep buying) more stuff from them so that they can pay people who develop, manufacture, freight, promote and do all the stuff necessary for you to have new ships and enjoy yourself. 

Tournaments are bacically FFGs "polls" to see what is popular among their product lines. They keep track of what people bring to competitive play because those are thing that people generally want to play more of and will thus buy more, or recommend to people who are starting out to buy. 

If that was true then the TIE Advanced title would've never been made. It was categorically the worst and most underused ship in the game prior to the Raider. TIE Fighters while still viable had been pretty much sidelined by the time the Goze was announced.

Popular has nothing (and never did) to do with Aces/Epic ships; the reverse is true.

Popular has nothing (and never did) to do with Aces/Epic ships; the reverse is true.

Which is why the X won't be in Rebel Vets. It's popular, with a ton of great pilots, and just got a fix. It doesn't need help anymore.

It'll be E-wing and Hwk.

The E will probably get a mod that makes generics interesting but would dull Corran's bite, and a HWK buff, usable by Y-wings, that gives a competitive option besides tlts.

Personally I think a Rebel Vet's pack should be E-wing and Y-wing.

Put in some stuff that could work with the good ol X-wing token and we are good.

I would hate to see a release of the X-wing.

It has plenty of good - great pilots.

On the theory that most of us go for the buy one of everything approach to this game then we already have 3 X-wings

Some kinda X-Wing Title. IAx2. And a Rogue Squadron Pilot PS6 w/EPT. That's what I'm expecting.

If you're lucky, you'll get Tycho and Corran in X-Wings. Which will leave you just two pilots shy of being able to run a full 12 ship squadron of named X-Wings.

Edited by DarthEnderX

It doesn't need help anymore.

Alex and Frank disagree with you. They both think the X-Wing still needs more help, and since they are the ones who make these decisions what they think is the only thing that matters.

What, you mean they don't care what I think at all?

Pretty sure they said they'd watch the effect of this fix and if it needs more it'll get it. So if you want more buffs, don't ever play x-wings for the next year and they'll see it didn't work. Barring that, this fix did everything required to put x-wings back on the table. There won't be a second fix.

edit to add video. Start at about 9:15.

Edited by ViscerothSWG

Barring that, this fix did everything required to put x-wings back on the table. There won't be a second fix.

That said, an appropriately costed Title could simply be used to give the ship more options, rather than just straight up making the ship better.

Personally my vote is for:

qYCEayZ.jpg

I'm down for generic E-Wings getting a buff, but how do we do it in such a way that Corran Horn doesn't gain too much benefit? Ain't nothin' wrong with Horn, currently.

Just have the "fix" fill the Astromech slot. It will make Corran choose between shield regen and whatever the "fix" is. A Corran that can't skitter off to heal up between double-taps isn't quite as scary as one that can.

First off it definitely would most likely be a X-wing and E-wing pack, the Y-wing doesn't need much more help at the moment, and it leaves the chance to add more pilots later. Also just as a point to note if the Y-wing got a crew slot just imagine how nasty a TLT, R3-A2, Tactician combo would be, provided you have to keep at a specific range. I think that would probally have to be call the Stressbot from hell.

On to the fix though, I think for the X-wing we might see titles that give the ships more specifics purposes rather than being a general all rounder as they were in the EU. As for the E-wing my idea would be to give it a title that most likely reduces the cost in exchange for converting all critical hits to normal hits or makes you reroll one of your hit results, in an effort to replicate the firing issues the ship had. And with this small fix it still keeps Corran deadly but takes away some of the bite away from removing his crits or potentially having to lose one hit, while making Etahn better by using him to keep your attack's critical results.  

Edited by Animewarsdude

And include a BTL-S3 title to add a crew slot.

The base Y-wing is the S3, the crew member is the turret gunner.

A generic crew member assumed to be present in the backstory is one thing. Crew upgrade icon listed for the ship is another thing entirely.

And it's easy enough to add, even given those assumptions.

Doesn't need a title (as noted, the base Y-Wing is already the S3), just an upgrade that has the 'turret' icon, and adds a crew slot to the upgrade bar (IE., the dude in back isn't running the gun, now, and is instead doing whatever-else-it-is-he-does)

You enjoy being a smart ass don't ya?

How so? Because I pointed out that the designers do not think the X-Wing is fine? And that since they're the ones who make the decisions what they think is all that matters?

Pretty sure they said they'd watch the effect of this fix and if it needs more it'll get it.

Maybe it was at worlds, or some other place. But Alex said that the X-Wing was still not where they wanted it. He also said that the IA was not 'the' fix for the T-65 X-Wing.

Uh....Are we looking at the same astromechs? R2-D6 is worthless, R4-D6 doesnt have a home on anything but a Y-Wing and that has better options, R3-A2 only found use on Y-Wings because X-Wings literally die from stress, and R5-P9 was never, ever used until Poe came out because it is extremely, EXTREMELY unlikely that a focus token isnt going to get used in a round by anyone but Poe. It was a much, much crappier version of R2-D2 that never triggers unless you're running away from a fight and not shooting or, more importantly, getting shot at. Poe is the only person who can effectively use R5-P9.

I disagree with your assessment of those droids. At the time the Transport was released they were a bit lackluster but with the cards that have been released (and announced) since then a lot of those cards are looking pretty good.

R2-D6 is probably going to get more popular due to the combination of good 1 point EPTs and Integrated Astromech.

R4-D6 with Intergrated Astromech is going to end up stapled to a bunch of folks' copy of Biggs.

R3-A2 is solid on a number of X-Wings, it really took off on Y-Wings when they gained the ability to double stress with it.

R5-P9 has always been a decent alternative to R2-D2 on lower agility ships. 

EPT (Y-wing only) Multitasking gunner. 2 points. Your Y-wing gains the <crew> icon on the upgrade bar.

So only one of the scum pilots or a Rebel Y-wing equiped with R2-D6 can take it?

Until Gold Squadron Veterans is a thing, yeah. It's the best solution for an S3 to get a crew slot which people all want for some reason.

Edited by DariusAPB

Just thinking a little outside the box, but what if they didn't release any new unique pilots with this pack?  Just release it with a Rookie Pilot, Red Squadron Pilot, and 2x Rogue Squadron Pilots.  Covers the 4x pilot card requirement, releases a high PS generic with an EPT, but still gives you options to run it on the cheap.

Just thinking a little outside the box, but what if they didn't release any new unique pilots with this pack?  Just release it with a Rookie Pilot, Red Squadron Pilot, and 2x Rogue Squadron Pilots.  Covers the 4x pilot card requirement, releases a high PS generic with an EPT, but still gives you options to run it on the cheap.

I'd much rather see ports over (namely, Tycho, and Corran), over a rookie and a red.

I wonder if FFG would have the chutzpah to make a Rogue Squadron E-wing PS5 with an EPT and cost it at 30 points.  Would simply admit that the original generics were WAY too expensive and no one will ever use them but Hey, here is a good generic.