Sign in to follow this  
rabid1903

Integrated Astromech in Rebel Veterans

Rebel bomb options are already here and, like the spice, the mechs will never stop flowing. What people are really asking for is Rebel ept Y's, because they don't want to fly scum Y's.

I get it, but that's a pretty niche concern, compared to the E-wing's problems. The Y has received more fixes than any other ship in the game, so it seems unlikely. As Heaver put it, the stresshog is the best rebel ship - it doesn't need more love poured over it!

And the E wouldn't need too much to make it a unique beast - a generic ept pilot and a tech slot that also drops the ship cost a point or two, or something similar, would give you some great options going forward. Comms relay would really suit the ship. So would autothrusters. Something along those lines, to make it more slippery, would be my bet...

Although, having said that, PTL Corran would eat a comm relay up! He's going to be the big problem, when it comes to balancing the E-fix, as he's already in the top 3 best small ships in the game, imo.

Rebel Veterans - calling it:

Repainted T-65 X-Wing with closed s-foils

Repainted Y-Wing

Red Squadron Pilot

Rogue Squadron Pilot (PS6, Elite)

Grizz Frix (PS5)

Ace Azzameen (PS7, Elite)

Gray Squadron Pilot

Gold Squadron Veteran (PS5, Elite)

Tiree (PS3)

Davish Krail (PS7, Elite)

T-65B title

T-65C-A2 title

Stealth-X title

Integrated Astromech x 3

BTL-A4 title

BTL-S3 title (crew slot)

BTL-A4 (LP) title

Bomb Loadout x 2

Various new Astromechs

The biggest thing the y-wing needs is pilots and one could argue that the x-wing and the tie fighter have had the most fixes by the amount pilots that have been released for them. Of course this was the wrong way to fix them but what can you do. I feel that a lot of ships need more pilots for the simple aspect that it keeps the game flowing and changes how ships fit into the game. As for the ship I think needs the biggest fix and has the most "cannon" options it's the Hawk, It was used as a bomber and the Moldy Crow had cannons on it. There is a lot to work with there for a ship they have admitted should have had one more attack die. 

The biggest thing the y-wing needs is pilots and one could argue that the x-wing and the tie fighter have had the most fixes by the amount pilots that have been released for them. Of course this was the wrong way to fix them but what can you do. I feel that a lot of ships need more pilots for the simple aspect that it keeps the game flowing and changes how ships fit into the game. As for the ship I think needs the biggest fix and has the most "cannon" options it's the Hawk, It was used as a bomber and the Moldy Crow had cannons on it. There is a lot to work with there for a ship they have admitted should have had one more attack die. 

Pilots are not fixes for a ship. Pilots are pilots. They have a neat ability. Upgrades, Titles, and modifications are fixes for a ship. Y-Wings have gotten at least 3 of those that have completely revitalized it from it's sorry state much earlier in the game. X-Wings are still a problem. So are E-Wings. But yeah, you're right. The biggest thing the Y-Wing needs is pilots. So? If that's the biggest problem the Y-Wing has, then i'd say it's doing just fine right now.

It freaking befuddles me how for YEARS people have been begging for a real T-65 fix, a real E-Wing fix, and the second the possibility for one comes around, suddenly there are people who... don't want that? The X-Wing has pilot diversity but that doesn't mean it's a well used or well liked ship. The X-Wing has very little going for it, whereas the Y-Wing is a staple of Rebel squad building at the moment. The last thing the Rebels need is more Y-Wing stuff. It's already one of the best small ships in the game for it's flexibility. 

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

And include a BTL-S3 title to add a crew slot.

The base Y-wing is the S3, the crew member is the turret gunner.

A generic crew member assumed to be present in the backstory is one thing. Crew upgrade icon listed for the ship is another thing entirely.

Lol all the E-wing hate......

For once, I have to say I'd rather see Xs and Es over Ys. As much as I love Ys, the Xs and Es are what really need fixing. All the Ys need are more pilots and that stupid errata gives Horton an EPT to finally come out.

And include a BTL-S3 title to add a crew slot.

The base Y-wing is the S3, the crew member is the turret gunner.

A generic crew member assumed to be present in the backstory is one thing. Crew upgrade icon listed for the ship is another thing entirely.

Yep, and the HWK would see even less use.

Rebel Vet Box will have T-65 X-Wing and the E-Wing.

Ys already have 1 Non-unique title, are popular in tournaments in more than with 1 build. What they lack is unique pilots espcially with EPTs. The best way to introduce new unique pilots would be in a new Rebel huge ship (eg. Braha'tok Gunship, CR70, CR92a) or a shared Rebel / Scum huge ship (eg Action VI, DP-20, Marauder) with both Rebel and Scum additional pilots. The crew space upgrade can easily be added to this as well similar to how the Raider included multiple systems and titles for the TIE Advanced.

Xs and Es seem the most obvious ships to for a Reb Vet box. Xs could use a title (especially one exclusive to the T-65) and another source of Integrated Astromech mods. Es can definately use help for their low PS ships, without messing with Horn (perhaps a non-unique title that can only be attached to non-uniques to low PS pilots). Lastly, an astromech that helps with Torpedoes in general would be useful on Xs, Es and Ys - maybe an astro that allows the ship to reuse Torpedoes somehow, gain TL or Focus after firing a torp.

Aside from the Y, less likely ships are the Z and the HWK. The Z like the Y, is a rather popular ship but is almost always used as a swarmer or blocker - like the Y it could use more unique pilots and maybe a title like the Z-95-AF4-H to make more builds viable for the ship. The HWK definately could use a boost - the HWK is supposed to be a fast, maneuverable, unarmed transport - a title or a turret upgrade to strip it of it's retrofitted turret (which is probably why flies like crap), and improve its dial could be interesting.

Also, I will always maintain that the default Y-Wing is the BTL-S3 and that the 2nd crew is running your turret. 

Correct - the default Y-Wing with a turret upgrade represents a dude straight out of flight school sat in the second seat.

The BTL-S3 title represents an experienced and skilled veteran gunner in the back seat. Which is why it will introduce special Y-Wing only gunners instead of a generic crew slot - and simultaneously avoid treading on the HWK's toes.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/135306-btl-s3-y-wing/

Disclaimer - rank speculation

Edited by Funkleton

The E-Wing is an obvious choice for Rebel Veterans, as non-Corran E-Wings may be the worst ship in the game now that the Advanced is fixed. Fixes could be balanced with Corran by providing powerful benefits when attacking, once per round. That helps all of them while making Corran's ability more costly to use, since you not only lose an attack but the opportunity to trigger the bonus. Alternatively, they could just provide upgrades that say "non-unique pilots only" and accept that Etahn is only useful in Epic but excels in that format. 

We'll have to see how well the Integrated Astromech works before we can say for sure, but the T-65 is the most likely candidate otherwise. I don't know what strange and beautiful titles the T-65 may receive (Yavin Veterans? Rogue Squadron?) but I imagine Wedge will reemerge as a man to be feared, respected, and shot at first if/when the pack is released.

Pilots are not fixes for a ship. Pilots are pilots. They have a neat ability. Upgrades, Titles, and modifications are fixes for a ship. Y-Wings have gotten at least 3 of those that have completely revitalized it from it's sorry state much earlier in the game. X-Wings are still a problem. So are E-Wings. But yeah, you're right. The biggest thing the Y-Wing needs is pilots. So? If that's the biggest problem the Y-Wing has, then i'd say it's doing just fine right now.

It freaking befuddles me how for YEARS people have been begging for a real T-65 fix, a real E-Wing fix, and the second the possibility for one comes around, suddenly there are people who... don't want that? The X-Wing has pilot diversity but that doesn't mean it's a well used or well liked ship. The X-Wing has very little going for it, whereas the Y-Wing is a staple of Rebel squad building at the moment. The last thing the Rebels need is more Y-Wing stuff. It's already one of the best small ships in the game for it's flexibility.

The reason I said you could argue they were trying to use pilots to fix the X-wing is looking at the the abilities they gave the ones in GR-75 Expansion they all play on the theme of getting rid of tokens or giving tokens, It wasn't Till Imperial aces that they brought a title in to fix the problem on the interceptors. That being said I do think they really need to give the X-wing a real boost. I would almost prefer if they make a separate blister for the Y-wing In scum colors that came with some Pilots for both sides and something that would make it usable for more then the Streeshog or TLT, This would allow more choices for both ships and really allow the x-wing the Spot light in an aces pack.

I've mentioned this in another post, right now the Y is in a good spot - it has tlt builds that work in both rebel n scum, stress hog and ion hog control builds in rebels, chaser and PMS builds in scum. Earlier this year, the BTL-A4 Y-Wing title gave Y-Wings a bunch of new build, and Bomb Loadout gave it a few build options (which are not particularly popular due to the state of bombs). 

Ys mostly need new pilots (for both factions) - uniques with special abilities and/or EPTs would be great: Dex Tiree, Davish Krail, Norra Wrexley, Ekelarc Yong, Lieutenant Telsij, Grisserno, Welinarro and others. A BTL-S3 Courier turret upgrade swapping the turret for crew space would be fun - especially if with all the bomb enhancing crew available these days. However, the Y has already gotten its boost and needs to wait for it's turn again when other ships are in more dire straits or have yet to see their upgrades.

The X and E both need help (especially the X). In particular, the E, X and Y are all torpedo ships - a non-unique astromech upgrade that aid torpedos would be a great boost to all 3 ships. Xs could use a Title boost as well as more distribution for Integrated Astromech, and the E could use a Title to boost everything that isn't Coran Horn. The E like the Y could use more diversity in unique pilots, while the X doesn't - If the Vet box is the X E or X Y, its most likely to have 2 copies of a Vet non-unique X, 2 copies of a Vet non-unique other ship, and 4 unique pilots for the other ship. 

The Y-Wing is one of the most used ships right now. The Y-Wing got TLTs, Most Wanted, and various other nice things. I severely, severely doubt Y-Wings would be in a Rebel Vets pack. If they are, i'm going to be extremely disappointed and more than a little upset. The Rebel ships that need the most help are the E-Wing, the T-65, and the HWK. Some of you seem to be forgetting that Imperial Vets is a fix pack. Name one reason a Y-Wing needs a fix. There's nothing wrong with it. Y-Wings regularly make the top 8 in tournaments. 

So?  Arguably the most used ships should be the ones that get the veteran packs -- people like them.  This game is about fun, not about perfect balance.  Not everyone cares about tournament play.  I want more y-wings because I like y-wings, not because I feel they need a "fix".  Ditto for x-wings.

The Y-Wing is one of the most used ships right now. The Y-Wing got TLTs, Most Wanted, and various other nice things. I severely, severely doubt Y-Wings would be in a Rebel Vets pack. If they are, i'm going to be extremely disappointed and more than a little upset. The Rebel ships that need the most help are the E-Wing, the T-65, and the HWK. Some of you seem to be forgetting that Imperial Vets is a fix pack. Name one reason a Y-Wing needs a fix. There's nothing wrong with it. Y-Wings regularly make the top 8 in tournaments. 

So?  Arguably the most used ships should be the ones that get the veteran packs -- people like them.  This game is about fun, not about perfect balance.  Not everyone cares about tournament play.  I want more y-wings because I like y-wings, not because I feel they need a "fix".  Ditto for x-wings.

That's not why they make aces packs (and of course fixes included in huge ships); it's to add improved or more interesting options for under utilized ships. That's definitely E-wings and X-wings... more Y pilots would be nice, but that's literally the only thing they might need at this point.

A-Wings got Rebel Aces, because they were overpriced, underpowered garbage and nobody used them. Interceptors got Imperial Aces because they were extremely squishy and didnt have much going for them, and nobody used them. Advanceds were quite possibly the worst ship in the game(behind the HWK of course), and nobody used them because it was like declaring to your opponent "You're going to win this match." and they got the Raider, which propelled them to one of the best Imperial ships. Defenders are extremely overpriced, underperforming ships that lack maneuverability and is in the running for the least used Imperial ship next to the Bomber, which has no place in the game at the moment whatsoever, and, as such, nobody uses them. X-Wing got Rebel Transport(which didnt do anything, it just added 3 pilots that never see play in any squad ever, and one decent low PS pilot), because it lacked diversity and durability.

Right now, the least used Rebel ships are E-Wings that aren't Corran, X-Wings, and HWK-290s, but let's be honest, the HWK simply can't be fixed. It needs a better dial, an additional attack die, more HP, and so on. So it's basically just the X-Wing and the E-Wing. 

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

The Rebel Transport also has most of the really desirable astromechs in the game, which while not a fix, are nothing to be sneezed at. Also don't forget that Imp Aces had two copies of PtL thus negating the need for additional A-wings.

Hwk is a cheaper TLT platform than a Gold and can equip Tactician so it's not that bad off Rebel side. Scum side they're solid as hell.

If we ask ourselves which ships got a repaint and upgrade we see:

X wing in the transport and the t-70

A wing and b wing in rebel aces.

Y wing, z95, and the hwk in Most Wanted.

What does this leave? The t-70, which hasn't been released and the K wing which was just released.

Next on the subject of parity, two e's provides rotational symmetry with imperial aces.

It's going to be a pair of E's with Luke and/or Wedge returning.

We'll see it summer 2017.

Luke is not an unlikely candidate for an E. *Maybe* Jaina, though it's probably more appropriate to put her in a T-70 considering it basically is an XJ.

Actually, unless episode 7 has e wings (unlikely, because of t-70s filling the same role.) that might be a strike against luke and for some EU pilot. Tyco and Keyan come to mind, but I don't think the player character from X Wing had a B wing. So I'll double down on wedge. He's a vet, and won't be in episode 7.