Sign in to follow this  
rabid1903

Integrated Astromech in Rebel Veterans

Based on what we just saw with Imperial Veterans, I think the probability of adding Integrated Astro to Rebel Veterans to be very high.

To mirror Imp Vets, and assuming it's an X-E Wing fix I think we'll see something like:

PS 6 Generic Rogue Squadrons X Wings w/ EPT, priced in the 24-25 range

Corran Horn & Tycho Celchu for X Wings, priced in the 26-29 range

PS 5 Generic Wraith Squadron E Wings w/ EPT, priced in the 30-31 range

PS 4 & 7 unique pilots, one might allow X Wing only cards

Two copies of Integrated Astro

4 Titles available to X Wings and E Wings both

A new unique Astro at the 2 point mark, maybe making torpedoes more attractive

Two copies of a generic Astro for 1 point, to improve their jousting efficiency

2x A new sensor upgrade specific to E Wings, to help the generics/low PS pilots

Cool Hand

Plasma Torpedoes

Wild guessing, but I bet we end up with something along these lines.

I wish it were X- and Y-wing, instead.

And include a BTL-S3 title to add a crew slot.

Named Y-wing pilot Ekelarc Yong, to go with droid R5-P9.

Named X-wing pilot Grizz Frix and his droid R2-T7.

Other droid possibilities: R2-Q2 (Biggs), R2-A3 (Wedge), R2-D6 (Wedge in Y-wing), R4-G7 (Hobbie).

Davish Krail, unique Y-wing pilot from Yavin.

Puck Naeco, unique X-wing pilot from Endor.

Edited by evanger

I wish there were more Y-Wing pilots, or that Horton had an EPT, but I don't think they're currently in need of help thanks to TLT and R3-A2.  Also, I will always maintain that the default Y-Wing is the BTL-S3 and that the 2nd crew is running your turret. 

I wish there were more Y-Wing pilots, or that Horton had an EPT, but I don't think they're currently in need of help thanks to TLT and R3-A2.  Also, I will always maintain that the default Y-Wing is the BTL-S3 and that the 2nd crew is running your turret.

I hear ya. The "ordinary" crew member is there, running the turret.

But, crew cards represent extraordinary people with specific extra skills.

I'm lost. Why do we believe there will even be a rebel veterans pack? Is it just because there is an imperial veterans, or for some other reason?

Exactly.

It makes sense, however, if we look at how the Empire and the Rebells mirror one another in the releases.

To the topic, I would love to have some E-Wing stuff and more Pilots are never bad, I play casual mostly, so I don't have problems with my X-Wings, but a little kick to help them compede would be nice.

Maybe we'll get either free X-Wing fixes with Y/E, Pilots (with maybe the fixes) for Y wing with X/E or E-Wing Pilots and Fixes with X/Y.

That's probably just a dream though

I'm lost. Why do we believe there will even be a rebel veterans pack? Is it just because there is an imperial veterans, or for some other reason?

Exactly.

It makes sense, however, if we look at how the Empire and the Rebells mirror one another in the releases.

To the topic, I would love to have some E-Wing stuff and more Pilots are never bad, I play casual mostly, so I don't have problems with my X-Wings, but a little kick to help them compede would be nice.

Maybe we'll get either free X-Wing fixes with Y/E, Pilots (with maybe the fixes) for Y wing with X/E or E-Wing Pilots and Fixes with X/Y.

Just curious because there are like 4 threads on it, so I figured surely there must be more than just that. Ah well, let the speculation continue!

Exactly.

Just curious because there are like 4 threads on it, so I figured surely there must be more than just that. Ah well, let the speculation continue!

Best part is it would come with cards that Imps could use just like this one has cards scum and Scum can use.

Exactly.

I have to admitt that one of them is mine, but I put "speculation" in the title

It is also funny that there is already a "roumor" that the box is named and themed after the rogue squadron, with an E- and and X-Wing

But, hey, people speculated back in wave 6 what will come out for wave 8, even before they knew how wave 7 would look like, that's the community: curious and speculating ;)

You'd think so, but I noticed they didn't include Munitions Failsafe and Extra Munitions in the Imperial Veterans pack. This is disappointing because those cards should have come with the Tie Bomber in the first place.

Yeah but they gotta' sell the TIE Punisher somehow. Veterans having TIE/Pu stuff would just make it... Well, pointless to get, but the K-Wing will always have a point thanks to TLT.

It'd be unfair.

Twin T65's; my prediction.

A and B are out - I don't think ffg would put them in a 2nd pack.

Z, Y & E all seem to do fairly well for themselves, they probably don't need buffing up at all.

T70 & K feel a bit too recent to make it into a pack. (plus the higher msrp on the K kinda precludes it (at least in my mind).)

The old T-65 on the other hand has fallen by the wayside a little, and could use a little boost to make it compete a little better with the other options that rebels have.

Imperial aces was 2x the same fighter, no reason why they couldn't do that for rebel vets.

I reckon we'll see a couple of Ps5 (or maybe 6) generics for rogue squadron with ept slots, at least 2 or 3 high ps named pilots. Not sure what I'd expect from the upgrade cards... Negative squad point cost modification, rogue sq title... I wouldn't like to guess in any detail about that.

Twin T65's; my prediction.

A and B are out - I don't think ffg would put them in a 2nd pack.

Z, Y & E all seem to do fairly well for themselves, they probably don't need buffing up at all.

T70 & K feel a bit too recent to make it into a pack. (plus the higher msrp on the K kinda precludes it (at least in my mind).)

The old T-65 on the other hand has fallen by the wayside a little, and could use a little boost to make it compete a little better with the other options that rebels have.

Imperial aces was 2x the same fighter, no reason why they couldn't do that for rebel vets.

I reckon we'll see a couple of Ps5 (or maybe 6) generics for rogue squadron with ept slots, at least 2 or 3 high ps named pilots. Not sure what I'd expect from the upgrade cards... Negative squad point cost modification, rogue sq title... I wouldn't like to guess in any detail about that.

Other than Corran, E-Wing might as well not exist though?

Edited by Tipperary

Other than Corran, E-Wing might as well not exist though?

From a game design perspective (and a symmetry perspective), I'd guess they'd want to go with the E-wing (the Rebel most advanced ship) and the Y-wing (the Rebel bomber, sort of).

Both could use more help and more pilots.

From a fan perspective, I have never cared for the E-wing, so I'd go T-65 X-wing and Y-wing.

Can't have too many of the game's namesake in the game.

I don't see Tycho being put in the T-65 unless the expansion includes a title that adds new options to the X-Wing's bar. I mean what, you're going to PTL to focus and target lock every round (at the cost of losing your K-turn, which is actually pretty important given your limited maneuvering options)? Cuz that's not super helpful. 

I don't see Tycho being put in the T-65 unless the expansion includes a title that adds new options to the X-Wing's bar. I mean what, you're going to PTL to focus and target lock every round (at the cost of losing your K-turn, which is actually pretty important given your limited maneuvering options)? Cuz that's not super helpful. 

True, but Tycho in an X-wing with R2 Astromech wouldn't be terrible in the current stress meta. He'd be able to clear stress relatively well, but he'd keep the actions coming while he did so. He'd probably like BB-8 as another good option, then give him... that new Elite talent card that give you a bonus if you're stressed.

It's a puzzle. We already have alternate paint schemes for T65 Xwing, Z95, and Y-wings. E-wing needs most love. Too early for Halloween T70?

Definitely to early for Halloween T-70 unless FFG has names for some aces out of the new movie... it looks like they were scraping for pilots names from the single blister.

it needs to be X/Y, but probably be E/Y.

Who knows, maybe it's YT-2400/YT-1300. that would be epic...

The Y-Wing is one of the most used ships right now. The Y-Wing got TLTs, Most Wanted, and various other nice things. I severely, severely doubt Y-Wings would be in a Rebel Vets pack. If they are, i'm going to be extremely disappointed and more than a little upset. The Rebel ships that need the most help are the E-Wing, the T-65, and the HWK. Some of you seem to be forgetting that Imperial Vets is a fix pack. Name one reason a Y-Wing needs a fix. There's nothing wrong with it. Y-Wings regularly make the top 8 in tournaments.