Sign in to follow this  
Tipperary

[Imperial Veterans] What We Know (and why it's classified)

Who wants to bet that the Defender in Wave 4 was originally going to come with the TIE/x7 title or a close cousin? It'd explain the mysterious evade token.

Think I've gotten everything we can see, can't really get flavour text out of the Glaives (italics with that contrast are impossible)

Edited by Tipperary

So rebels get to turn crew slots into bombs while Imps turn munitions into crew.

Also: no Long Range Scanners for TIE shuttle.

Anyone notice that shuttle count is:

Imps 2

Rebs 1

Scum 0

Edited by GrimmyV

Upgrade card, top row, 3rd from left should be "Systems Officer".

So far reads Imperial Only. After you [....] manuever [....] friendly [....] that ship [....]

I have:

• Sys... Of (probably Systems Officer, crew, "IMPERIAL ONLY. After you... maneuver... friendly... that...")

Considering we can't actually see the entire card name, OR the icon to tell if it's crew, that's how it goes. Find me an uncovered screenshot and I'll adjust accordingly, but I try to keep these threads as factual as possible given knowns.

Edited by Tipperary

I wonder why they denied the Emperor to the TIE Shuttle? Seems like if Palps wants to run around on something that easy to kill, we should let him.Or was Gunner going to break something?

Imperial Chopper Crew (6 pts) could not be contained on a simple TIE...

Oh and spoilers!

I'm going to say that the other ship is the return of "Deathrain." I mean Steele is coming back, maybe he is too? They're veterans, they've been around a while.

Precedence (Hera, Maarek) is that pilots with same name in same faction have same pilot ability (and PS, which is different here). "Dea..." has a noticeably different ability than Deathrain, and it's not a ship thing (because the Bomber could just as easily use the front guides)

Edited by Tipperary

I wonder why they denied the Emperor to the TIE Shuttle? Seems like if Palps wants to run around on something that easy to kill, we should let him.

Or was Gunner going to break something?

Is it really easier to kill than the Lambda? 6 hull behind 2 evade means it's actually got decent defensive odds with focus+Palps.

Also, it's only 24pts, which was probably their concern. Palpmobile with 5 extra points is actually a big deal considering how strong normal Palpmobile is, it allows swapping around to different aces/ships, especially with what should be a viable Defender.

I'm going to say that the other ship is the return of "Deathrain." I mean Steele is coming back, maybe he is too? They're veterans, they've been around a while.

Precedence (Hera, Maarek) is that pilots with same name in same faction have same pilot ability (and PS, which is different here). "Dea..." has a noticeably different ability than Deathrain, and it's not a ship thing (because the Bomber could just as easily use the front guides)
It's early in his career. Same reason they don't trust him with a Punnisher yet.

I suppose the TIE Shuttle negates the need for the TIE Scout. Too bad, it's such a beautiful ship.

I always figured that Tie Scout would be a small ship with the Jam action or be more focused on its sensor slot rather than the Tie Shuttle version of the bomber.

I wonder why they denied the Emperor to the TIE Shuttle? Seems like if Palps wants to run around on something that easy to kill, we should let him.

Gunner+Vader in a Scimitar is only 24 points.

Unfortunately gunner is 5 points and you can only use crew that are 4 or less.

Edited by Flashflare

Added token inventory because why not (also to Wave 8 thread).

Someone brought it up in another thread, but "Deathfire" McDibs for the PS3 bomber pilot? Given how far past "TIE Bomber" his name starts it's probably on the card as "Deathfire", though.

Gunner+Vader in a Scimitar is only 24 points.

And will last 1.5 to three rounds of combat, max. Doesn't seem broken.

Do the Gamma Veterans have access to a Sloop? It seems like that  may be what's showing on the dial in the article. Otherwise, is it a 2 K-turn?

Why does the card make note that their bombers were more agile if it still has the same agility score of 2 green die? Could the Sloop be what they mean?

Do the Gamma Veterans have access to a Sloop? It seems like that  may be what's showing on the dial in the article. Otherwise, is it a 2 K-turn?

Why does the card make note that their bombers were more agile if it still has the same agility score of 2 green die? Could the Sloop be what they mean?

It's their usual 2-hard left.

It's just flavor text.

I don't have a lot to add to the knowledge, but it's 100% certainty on the Defender ship names being Maarek Stele and Countess Ryad, and Glaive Squadron Pilot. You can read the cardboard base inserts in the main image, and you can read Glaive Squadron Pilot (abbreviated) in this image from the article.

swx52_tie-defender_plastic_left.png

I suppose the TIE Shuttle negates the need for the TIE Scout.

TIE Scout would likely be 1 System, 1 Crew as opposed to 2 Crew.

Too bad, it's such a beautiful ship.

Hahaha...no. It's not.

Hope so I love his ability and now there is a precedent for pilots in multiple ships so I think we'll see corral horn in an x wing in the rebel veteran pack.

What we really need is a Stele Chronicles pack that gives us Maarek Stele in a Fighter, Bomber, Interceptor, Avenger, Gunboat, Missile Boat. And also an Emperor's Reach EPT that's Maarek only. Edited by DarthEnderX

So, what I'm reading is that we still have a chance of the entrance of Deathfire McDibbs!