Sign in to follow this  
Engine25

Imperial Veterans Expansion

no. It's just kinda funny those are the two ships imperial players complain about the most it seems. Imo.

Which is WHY these have been the most likely to get an aces style fix.

Fighters are getting love witht he Gozanti

Advanceds got love with the raider

Interceptors got love with Aces

the Phantom got...attention with the nerf because it was TOO powerful

TAP isn't out yet

FOs are only half out

Punisher just came out

Large ships don't seem to get aces style upgrades.

Just what other ships would you expect to get attention in an "Imperial Veterans" aces-style expansion?

Shuttle Aces two pack with awesomely colored Lambdas that would make Sabine proud.

Shuttle Aces two pack with awesomely colored Lambdas that would make Sabine proud.

Large ship.

While we might get a large ship aces-style pack eventually, I wouldn't expect one until all of the older small ships have gotten attention.

It'll be totally cool if and when it happens, but its not likely to happen for quite a while.

Large ship.

While we might get a large ship aces-style pack eventually, I wouldn't expect one until all of the older small ships have gotten attention.

It'll be totally cool if and when it happens, but its not likely to happen for quite a while.

I...just don't know what to say....

Large ship.

If we do get large ship reprints I would expect the falcon to be the first, most likely taking the opportunity to add episode 7 content to it. I can't really think of what else they would do to it when they are already pretty good, but the B-wing was in the Rebel Aces pack so you never know.

There's likely a Twin Ion Engine Mk. II or three in there.

After performing an attack during which you canceled all your dice results, you may perform a primary weapon attack against the same target.

Yes. Yes.

Make it a 1-point Title.

If Tractor Beams really do increase maneuver difficulty, run 3 Generics with TB's, TIE Mk. II's, and Titles and laugh maniacally while you repeatedly white K-turn against their struggling dial.

OTOH, if it reduces agility, that makes smacking them with the primary even more fun (Brath says hi!).

So, am I the only one here who is more excited about the potential bomber fix than the defender fix.  the bomber has needed love for a long time. I'm hoping they will finally make this a viable ordnance carrier.....

from where I am: yeah, you're the only one ;)

bombers are fine.

it's the things they (should but don't) carry which are not. 

hence, a fix for bombers would/should be a fix for munitions (the mechanism they use, primarily, IMO). 

that said: I too would be glad if bombers would actually do bombs and torpedoes instead of primary-pewpew, but sadly: they do -that- very cost-efficient. 

So, am I the only one here who is more excited about the potential bomber fix than the defender fix.  the bomber has needed love for a long time. I'm hoping they will finally make this a viable ordnance carrier.....

from where I am: yeah, you're the only one ;)

bombers are fine.

it's the things they (should but don't) carry which are not. 

hence, a fix for bombers would/should be a fix for munitions (the mechanism they use, primarily, IMO). 

that said: I too would be glad if bombers would actually do bombs and torpedoes instead of primary-pewpew, but sadly: they do -that- very cost-efficient. 

Agree a fix for munitions will do a lot for bombers, but even in that case, I still think the elite pilots (namely Rhymer. Maybe Jonus to a lesser extent), would still be overpriced.

Give me the bomb/mine Jonus that I hoped Deathrain to be, PLEASE! Make my Bombers even more fun! If this is real, this is an instant buy at whatever quantity required to buff all 4 of my existing Bombers. Defenders are nice, too. I guess. Never played mine myself, just limits what you can do so much.

I kind of hope they give the Defender some sort of regeneration, I feel like that would suit the high tech theme it has going on.

Large ship.

If we do get large ship reprints I would expect the falcon to be the first, most likely taking the opportunity to add episode 7 content to it. I can't really think of what else they would do to it when they are already pretty good, but the B-wing was in the Rebel Aces pack so you never know.

boooh...!

the falcon is a ship that certainly does NOT need a fix - at least not in the direction the word "fix" implies. 

but, the same could be said about the b-wing, as you mentioned.

nono.. 

next release: "Lambda Aces". barrel-rolling, ptl-ling, daredevilling and slamming lambdas. lambdas and hamsters everywhere, rejoice!  :wub:

Edited by WokeUpDead

I'm hoping new Defender non-uniques include Interloper Squadron (Vessery's unit).

Gah....Interloper squadron?  what a terrible name.....Stackpole is a fool.

Better than Eloper Squadron. They were constantly getting... engaged.

(I'll leave now.)

I went straight to Jackalope Squadron, actually.

435_jackalope.jpg

Here's a ponder. With Easter being so early in 2016 - March 27th, and the second biggest gift-giving event of the year, and someone from one of the stores that got the sheet suggested it could be Spring we see it... Dare to dream!

But probably not. But it'd be nice.

But Wave 8 for Spring, just as Winter Tournaments are wrapping up... then this pack out sometime over the Summer?

Issues with bombers:

ordnance STILL inefficient and often ineffective

Named Pilots, particularly Rhymer, over costed severely

Wildly speculative solutions:

Free TIE Shuttle Title that provides a crew slot

Free TIE/sa title that reduces the total cost of carried ordnance and modifications by the pilot skill of the pilot

Issues with Defenders:

Overcosted

Challenging dial

Equally wild solutions:

free cannon, and a fire-link option via a title or modification

title or modification that provides a free boost action, perhaps that even falls BEFORE the check stress step, so you can do a 1 turn, followed by a boost, THEN receive the stress from the maneuver

ridiculous? highly.

Likely? ha!

wishful? absolutely.

Rebel Veterans: E-Wing and X-Wing or E-Wing and Z-95.

Scum Veterans (A guy can hope?): Scyk and StarViper.

Lets not start with scum veterans, scum need their aces first!

I'd expect Scum Aces use the Scyk and Khirahz. Call it "Black Sun Aces" or "Cartel Aces."

The StarViper is a very specialized ship. I'm fine with it having a fairly rare presence on the board while still being pretty powerful in the hands of its ace pilots.