Sign in to follow this  
Filter

SW Rebels new fighter maybe

So watching the Rebels marathon on Disney XD and they keep repeating a teaser for next season or whatever it is with the start in January. It shows Hera, Sabine(flying A-wings) and an A-wing I assume is a Pheonix. They're being chased by what I also assume is some sort of Mandelorian fighter. The wings spin around in one shot and seem fixed in another. Looks like Scum could get something from the show if FFG looks into it.

Zs and the Tooth don't count; they were around long before the prequels.

Well duh, maybe next you'll tell me that the milennium falcon existed before the prequels too despite appearing there.

Come on man. Twenty years. I know these things.

And they count.

How? It's movie hate, not old ship hate. Maybe I'm just being obtuse.

Well duh, maybe next you'll tell me that the milennium falcon existed before the prequels too despite appearing there.

And they count.

No I agree with you GreatMazinkaiser. It's not the timeline at all that's the issue. It's the fact that a number of ships are identifiable with the prequels more so than anything else that really hurts them.

But, with that in mind, I would also be opposed to MASSIVE timeline dents, like an Old Republic ship, which has not been replicated in more "current" Star Wars timelines, being in the game as well.

And they count.

I don't think the Falcon (or any YT 1300) the prequel movies

And they count.

It was there

Episode_3_Falcon.jpg

And they count.

S'been 15 years, you know. Since The Phantom Menace. We're less than a week away from a brand new era of Star Wars.

Y'think maybe, just... Maybe, it's time to let go of the hatred?

Because ships introduced in TCW- such as this Mandalorian... "Fighter", will appear in Rebels. It will exist in both timelines, and thus, be fair game. the first true canon appearance of The Hound's Tooth, was prequel era.

Lo and behold... Here it is. In XWMG.

And they count.

It was there

Episode_3_Falcon.jpg

"It's all connected, like a puzzle....."

Edited by Sir Orrin

S'been 15 years, you know. Since The Phantom Menace. We're less than a week away from a brand new era of Star Wars. Y'think maybe, just... Maybe, it's time to let go of the hatred?

If your a true Star Wars fan you accept Episode 1-2 and 3 for what they are, another Star Wars story put on film for us. Good or bad I'd rather have as many stories as possible on film to watch this saga we all have grown to love. Otherwise it's like your just a bandwagon Star Wars fan.

Let's say Disney makes 40 more Star Wars movies in my lifetime. Yes some will be garbage some will ok but then there will be a handful that are as enjoyable or as epic to watch as the original trilogy.

And they count.

S'been 15 years, you know. Since The Phantom Menace. We're less than a week away from a brand new era of Star Wars.

How much of my hate?

ForceAwakens7Text.gif

*Gasp*

only-a-sith.gif

And they count.

Because ships introduced in TCW- such as this Mandalorian... "Fighter", will appear in Rebels. It will exist in both timelines, and thus, be fair game. the first true canon appearance of The Hound's Tooth, was prequel era.

I will admit I'm not a Star Wars historian or Star Wars community public spokesperson, but isn't most of the issue with the ships in the prequel movies, not those only appearing in the cartoon?

The Hound's Tooth is a non issue either way because it was well established in the extended universe before its appearance in the prequel era.

A lot of my issue is that these ships appear in the prequel era and nowhere else, or in very few cases beyond that era, giving the distinct feeling that those ships are the prequel era ships, and lost use after that era. For a lot of players, it would feel... Wrong to have them in X-wing as we have no reason to believe they were simply a product of that individual era in time*** (scum on the other hand has a much stronger possibility of living past the timeline). At least it will feel that way until Disney gives them space in the timelines hugging closer to the original trilogy and/or Force Awakens timeline.

Also, the fact that the factions of that era align oddly with those of the OT also make it difficult to include prequel ships.

And the last point, which may be the most relevant, is whether we like it or not, a lot of people just don't like the idea of the prequel ships in the game. As silly as that is, any good company knows the customers should get what they want (or in this case, don't). I for one would prefer they don't make an appearance (meaning those making their initial appearance in the prequel films), and I honestly cannot even tell you why I feel that way. Perhaps a combination of the reasons mentioned, or perhaps I just have some stupid, unnecessary distaste that would go away the instant they were announced in the next wave.

Many of you wont get this, but I feel it may be similar to the Super Smash Bros franchise, where they used to stick strictly to characters from Nintendo franchises. As they moved away from that and included characters from other franchises, it lost a bit of what made it special to me, and the franchise has fallen out of favor with me slowly since this began. The game is still fun, don't get me wrong, and I still enjoy it from time to time. If prequel ships were released in mass, I can see myself having a similar relationship with X-wing- not particularly enjoying the route they went, but still thoroughly enjoying the mechanics and game play of the game itself. Considering how much I love those things though, I believe it is safe to say I could easily get passed my feelings and enjoy the game regardless.

I am aware the Naboo fighter made an appearance in a comic recently which takes place in a timeline much closer to the OT, which gives me some hope it could find a place in the game. But, I would pray "lil Anni" isn't an available pilot or I may have to reconsider my investment in this game immediately... :lol:

***the inclusion of ships from The Force Awakens and beyond, where a number of the OT ships may be well out of commission at the time of that film, is obviously necessary, and I foresee FFG giving all ships which come about during the Disney era a spot in the game regardless of timeline. I believe the iconic feel of the OT ships will make this a non-issue even if it does seem that these ships are out of commission in the later timelines. 

I wouldn't mind seeing some prequel ships, and I abhor the prequels (as a Star Wars fan and a writer).

The short of it, for me, is MORE X-Wing. Sold. Some of the ships would even look nice with the FFG treatment.

The N-1 Starfighter just made a recent appearance in a post-Jedi comic, and did just fine against TIE Fighters. Of course, my biggest gripe against Marvel handling the Star Wars comics is that they all read like superhero mags. So pinch of salt there, maybe.

I also wouldn't mind seeing FFG taking more stabs at custom jobs (ala the Raider). 

Again... MORE X-Wing!

Lemme' just put it this way.

Stuff from 34 years ago will be seen in The Force Awakens- and not entirely out of use or destroyed. Even if it is not, XWMG has proven that by being able to use GCW era ships seamlessly alongside the ships of the new era.

There is design space for them.

Yeah I'd expect to see that funky thing in Scum at some point. People decry "No prequel ships!" but forget about the Z-95 and Hound's Tooth, both of which made an appearance in The Clone Wars- are in this game.

Because they've also made NON-Clone Wars appearances.  Those ships appear all over the EU in the GCW era.

I wouldn't worry too much.

I mean jeeze, we're talking about starships here, not used cars. (Or speeders.) I bet if you walked into an Honest John's starship lot you could probably find perfectly usable and durable models from the last century sitting around. Most starships in Star Wars age really well.

(Or technology has gotten close to the end of the line, but that's another debate. ;) )

the first true canon appearance of The Hound's Tooth, was prequel era.

Actually, the first true canon appearance of the Hound's Tooth was in Tales of the Bounty Hunters, published in 1996. It was considered canon back then, since it was in a published work, and it's considered an OT-era ship even if it appeared in TCW, because Bossk was introduced in the OT. The same can't be said of the N-1, the ARC-170, V-wing, etc. because they are exclusive to the prequel era. Also, the Z-95 in the Clone Wars wasn't the same ship as seen in the XWMG. It's a much older ship that is, frankly, uglier than the original design that was based off X-wing concept art.

the first true canon appearance of The Hound's Tooth, was prequel era.

Actually, the first true canon appearance of the Hound's Tooth was in Tales of the Bounty Hunters, published in 1996. It was considered canon back then, since it was in a published work, and it's considered an OT-era ship even if it appeared in TCW, because Bossk was introduced in the OT. The same can't be said of the N-1, the ARC-170, V-wing, etc. because they are exclusive to the prequel era. Also, the Z-95 in the Clone Wars wasn't the same ship as seen in the XWMG. It's a much older ship that is, frankly, uglier than the original design that was based off X-wing concept art.

tumblr_mpeiopzKZl1qkb4ico2_r1_250.gif

Yeah, it's a bit crazy isn't it?

To let your hatred of something that's basically 6:30hrs in total, carry on for this long, SO long even, that it carries on into the next generation of Star Wars..?

All those people who call Yoda, Luke, Obi-Wan their hero...

They'd be so disappointed.