Sign in to follow this  
dengarboys

Sunder to armor/clothes?

No. According to page 157 of the EotE CRB, "the attacker chooses one item openly wielded by the target (such as a weapon, shield, or item on a belt)."

Along the same lines, the entry for the Cortosis quality on page 155 states, "weapons with the Cortosis quality are immune to Sunder. Armor with the Cortosis quality makes the wearer's soak immune to the Pierce and Breach qualities." If Sunder also applied to Armor, it would've been included along with the Pierce and Breach notes. 

Edited by verdantsf

No. According to page 157 of the EotE CRB, "the attacker chooses one item openly wielded by the target (such as a weapon, shield, or item on a belt)."

Along the same lines, the entry for the Cortosis quality on page 155 states, "weapons with the Cortosis quality are immune to Sunder. Armor with the Cortosis quality makes the wearer's soak immune to the Pierce and Breach qualities." If Sunder also applied to Armor, it would've been included along with the Pierce and Breach notes. 

Probably did this to make it so people weren't shredding clothes on the characters. After all Star Wars is a PC/PG-13 franchise. Though if your table really wants to see what that trandosian is packing under his heavy clothes who are we to stop you? 

Armor is probably a little too broad since it encompasses the entire target's body.  I would say if someone in armor had some kind of specific attachment like a targeting visor or such, that would be appropriate.

Let's say someone is wearing a specific piece of gear, like that one necklace that makes them Cortosis for everything. I want to wear one, but don't want it knocked off me, or Sundered as a way for the GM to get around my ultimate powers. That's what I want to avoid, so any advice?

Let's say someone is wearing a specific piece of gear, like that one necklace that makes them Cortosis for everything. I want to wear one, but don't want it knocked off me, or Sundered as a way for the GM to get around my ultimate powers. That's what I want to avoid, so any advice?

"I want to be invincible with no way around it."

Sorry. As the GM, my priority one is making sure a player doesn't get away with this sort of cheese.

Duck....

Vehicle Weapons will turn you into a pink stain, regardless of whether or not you have the Cortosis quality applied to your entire body and everything you carry.

Sorry. As the GM, my priority one is making sure a player doesn't get away with this sort of cheese.

The GM did this to the players as well though. He's set the precedent for his NPCs, so we wanted to fight fire with fire, as it were. 

Vehicle Weapons will turn you into a pink stain, regardless of whether or not you have the Cortosis quality applied to your entire body and everything you carry.

Oh? I thought Cortosis meant immune to Breach as well so even vehicle weapons don't do much.

Oh? I thought Cortosis meant immune to Breach as well so even vehicle weapons don't do much.

Even though it ignores Breach and Pierce, weapons will still just damage you the normal way where the damage just needs to be higher than your Soak to deal damage. Personal scale vehicle weapons will likely still dish out a hefty number of Wounds. Planetary scale, you'd likely be destroyed.

The GM did this to the players as well though. He's set the precedent for his NPCs, so we wanted to fight fire with fire, as it were. 

Sounds to me that both you and the GM have a versus attitude when it comes to gaming. As a GM I can always work around my player's abilities if I so choose. You folks should concentrate on creating a good story rather than who has the best toys and can keep them.

And considering that each hit of a vehicle weapon does 10x the damage in personal scale, no matter what your soak is you will be a pink stain if you are hit.

Doesn’t matter if you ignore Breach or Pierce if the weapon is doing 70-140 points of personal-scale damage, depending on how many successes the pilot/gunner gets when they roll. You’re not going to have 70-140 points of Soak to compensate, and your Wound Threshold won’t be enough to take the remainder that gets past your Soak.

A single shot from a single Medium Laser Cannon mounted on an AT-AT or YT-1300 or other Silhouette 4 ship is going to turn you into a pink stain, no matter what.

Scratch that. You won’t be a pink stain. There will just be a giant smoking hole where you were standing.

Doesn’t matter if you ignore Breach or Pierce if the weapon is doing 70-140 points of personal-scale damage, depending on how many successes the pilot/gunner gets when they roll. You’re not going to have 70-140 points of Soak to compensate, and your Wound Threshold won’t be enough to take the remainder that gets past your Soak.

A single shot from a single Medium Laser Cannon mounted on an AT-AT or YT-1300 or other Silhouette 4 ship is going to turn you into a pink stain, no matter what.

Scratch that. You won’t be a pink stain. There will just be a giant smoking hole where you were standing.

Actually you'll just be unconscious and rolling on the Critical Injury chart. If this is the only Critical the character has suffered, then they'd be rolling the flat 1d100 which means they can't roll the instant death result of 140+

Actually you'll just be unconscious and rolling on the Critical Injury chart. If this is the only Critical the character has suffered, then they'd be rolling the flat 1d100 which means they can't roll the instant death result of 140+

Book suggests +50 on the roll, so death is possible.

When is cortosis so widely available that people would plan what they're doing with it? I the 3 years we'd played, we came across exactly one item that was made from the stuff. It's part of the armored carapace of a droid of some sort. We can salvage MAYBE enough to use on a small weapon. We probably would have lost that weapo 50 times by now. The only reason I have the cortosis thingie is because we were sure we'd find more. We didn't.

Hmm. Seeing as I am Force Sensitive now and I have no interest in a lightsaber, maybe a small shield or parry stick would be a good thing?

vehicle weapons do X10 damage. So a vehicle weapon that does 5 damage will do 50 damage. Ignoring bread still means 50 damage coming your way,,, even a marauder with 15 soak is still going to be rolling a crit with a +200 crit role. Which is dead. D E A D dead. I don't thing even the force talent could bring a pink stain back to life.

... I don't thing even the force talent could bring a pink stain back to life.

I think you might be overestimating the amount of non-carbonized bodily fluids left after an incident like that. :blink::(

Just saying...

Something about ionisation, rapidly cooling plasma and the resultant cloud of hot gas condensing into Hydrogen, Oxygen and Carbon with a mix of impurities... Edited by Richardbuxton