Sign in to follow this  
iamsimplythejeff

"Evasive Manuevers" twin phantom build

Another noobie here, looking to try a twin phantom build (not playing competitively yet, picked up a couple of large lots containing pretty much a couple of everything before the SaV expansions and the massive ships - just me and some friends trying to build within tourney specs, so no proxies or using unreleased/unowned cards)

Looking to give the following a go;

Phantom - Whisper (40)

Veteran Instincts

Fire Control System

Advanced Cloaking Device

Intelligence Agent

Phantom - Echo (38)

Veteran Instincts

Fire Control System

Advanced Cloaking Device

Intelligence Agent

Lambda - Omicron (22)

Intelligence Agent

The gimmick is, of course, the 3 intelligence agents that will let me look at up to 3 opposing ships dials BEFORE de cloaking the Phantoms to give them a much better chance of arc-dodging aces.

The Lambda is a concern, as it is such a great white space cow without an engine upgrade (which I could get if I drop both FCS's, just not sure that is worth it, as the free target locks are my main source for getting offensive re-rolls), I'm not really expecting much out of it other than controlling board space and the 3rd dial reveal).

No stress causing, no board control swarm, no defensive boosts to speak of (beyond ACD) just a couple of glass cannons with pre-cognitive pilots... Which, if nothing else, should be fun to fly!

Am I way off base here? Any tweaks to improve (considered a VI SD Mauler Mithel here too in place of the shuttle - but that just makes everybody agility 4, I think the shuttle might draw more fire early, at least against another noobie)?

Thanks

I have been running a dual phantom list (Whisper, Echo and filler TIE fighter) and phantoms in general for a couple of months and have toyed with the idea of running Intelligence Agent (IA). The issue I find is that unless you have dialled in a 'neutral' move, you are already locked into a certain decloak direction most times (avoid rocks, stay on board, point in general direction of opposition).

Did you find this an issue when you played this list?