Sign in to follow this  
erc1971

AT-ST Assembly and the front gun

Holy crap - how the hell do you get the front mounted gun in place without a freacking jackhammer?

Any tips?  This thing will not go in and I am using every ounce of muscle I got

Eric

I read somewhere that warming the main piece in warm (hot but not boiling) water softens it enough to get it in.

I used a needle nose pliers to wedge it open enough to get it in. BE CAREFUL USING FORCE. For some reason the decorative external of the model is a lot softer and susceptible to damage than the inside parts you actually want to give way.

What worked on me is going the other way around. That is, instead of picking up the gun and trying to fit it into the AT-ST, I picked up the AT-ST and fit it into the gun which was on the table. What I mean is, instead of the gun being the active piece, the AT-ST was and it was a lot easier.

What worked on me is going the other way around. That is, instead of picking up the gun and trying to fit it into the AT-ST, I picked up the AT-ST and fit it into the gun which was on the table. What I mean is, instead of the gun being the active piece, the AT-ST was and it was a lot easier.

This is what worked for me.  Place the gun on the edge of a table, and then press the AT-ST down onto it.  Just make sure you have a sturdy table.

It's not easy at all.  I snapped off one of the weapon barrels when I did mine because my finger slipped.  Luckily I was able to glue it, but I totally get the frustration.

Just wait, if you eventually get Jabba's Realm and have to assemble that rancor.

The plastic warps after it comes out of the mold, you just need to apply some heat, a blowdryer or simmering water, and the plastic will soften up enough for you to assemble the pieces with little effort, and it will often harden in the correct shape. 

This is what worked for me.  Place the gun on the edge of a table, and then press the AT-ST down onto it.  Just make sure you have a sturdy table.

No heat needed.

It's simple.

When I bought my game last year, I had the same problem as everyone else here.  My fingers were raw from trying to push the gun into the head.  There was a similar thread back then.

1) Place the gun down on a sturdy table or counter, right-side up.

2) Align the head above the gun, as if you were going to push the head down onto the gun.

3) Push the head down onto the gun.

That's it!  It snaps into place without any issue.  No boiling water, no hairdryer, nothing.

couldn't believe how easy it was after all the struggling I had done.  I tried it again with Weiss, and sure enough - *click* - right in with no hassle.