Sign in to follow this  
barriecritzer

What new negative do rebels get to ignore this time

Everytime a new reble ship comes out I wonder what new negative in the game are they going to get to ignore, They have ships/pilots that ignore debris, ships that take stress turn it into a positive and can just get rid of it for no reason, they now have ships that can ignore the penalty of k turning because why not be able to k turn while stressed. It really seems that if you don't know how to fly or make choices that have consequences that Rebels are the faction for you.

ignore penalty of k-turning = stress = no red maneuvers + no actions

Hera deals with one of those things, Chopper does the other (leaving behind a new issue --> damage)

besides, nothing ignores anything as much as a PWT, and we've had Han for years now

Edited by ficklegreendice

Everytime a new reble ship comes out I wonder what new negative in the game are they going to get to ignore, They have ships/pilots that ignore debris, ships that take stress turn it into a positive and can just get rid of it for no reason, they now have ships that can ignore the penalty of k turning because why not be able to k turn while stressed. It really seems that if you don't know how to fly or make choices that have consequences that Rebels are the faction for you.

And everytime, we get a chicken little complaint thread. 

You only get to ignore part of the penalty of K-turning with Hera and if you do, you're pretty much playing without actions for the rest of the game.  Not particularly effective.

Well sure, unless Chopper is on the same boat... though taking one damage to evade is probably not good math

You only get to ignore part of the penalty of K-turning with Hera and if you do, you're pretty much playing without actions for the rest of the game.  Not particularly effective.

Well sure, unless Chopper is on the same boat... though taking one damage to evade is probably not good math

yup

honestly, Ezra would be my combo with Hera. He's like a marksmanship that doesn't completely suck, and he stacks well with FCS

only problem there is you're carting around a 0 agility double B-wing that won't be able to roll or boost (stressed), so loading too many points onto it is a very risky (re: foolish) gambit

inquisitor.png

OP:  Shush.

oh great

what positives do imperials get to ignore this time?

hint: it's green dice

um, we already ignore that.  -_-

Heavy_Laser_Cannon_2.png$_1.JPG

But yeah Imperials suck and you should never play Imperials at all if you want to win a game. Why do you think Paul Heaver wins worlds as rebels?  :P

Edited by Marinealver

they ignore range yes, but do they ignore thrusters?

nein :P!

I know being sarcastic hence the  :P .

But I can understand the frustration Imperial loyalists might be feeling with the new releases. What have they gotten the past releases? Well TLT is one thing for certain that they don't have and are now reminded about their lack of turret upgrade slot. The Rebels got a better X-wing which was in the top list of worlds but were there any TIE/FOs in the top cut? More named TIE Fighters are comming but those all cost too many squadron points to run more than 1 in a full TIE swarm. And now the Rebels get a full 100 point single ship list with deploying secondary ship, while the scum get to play catch-up with their cloaking device and their own PWT ship and the Imperials get a Slightly cheaper A-wing? Oh forgot about Chardan Refit, they get an A-wing at full price. <_<

So I really can feel for Imperial players. From Wave 7 to Wave 8 to include the new movie releases in between, they seem to have gotten the raw end of the deal. :(

Edited by Marinealver

Because the Rebels are the good guys, and they are supposed to win...

...puts helmet on and holds up riot shield... :rolleyes:

Actually it's more complicated than a simple joke. It's real, games coming from big movies, especially with a strong impression on good characters and for a young public (see SW: REBELS which perfectly meets everything) tend to give the best benefits to the good faction. It's psychological.

I really didn't feel too bad about it till today. Pretty much every card shown is instant play and comborific, which is great for the terrorists, but yah, feeling a bit behind the curve RIGHT NOW as one of the Emperors chosen... I'm sure FFG will make it right soon.

And I don't buy the whole "good guys get more stuff" bit. A) the rebellion are terrorists, therefore not "good". B) even if you believe the Imperials to be "bad", shouldn't they be even more bada$$ to make the "light shine brighter" and all that?

inquisitor.png

oh great

emperor-palpatine.png

I mean, being able to change ANY of your dice once per round? You might as well not even roll to attack Soontir when he's on the field!

What key game mechanic will the Imperials get to ignore next?

(lets keep this going please :lol: )

inquisitor.png

oh great

emperor-palpatine.png

I mean, being able to change ANY of your dice once per round? You might as well not even roll to attack Soontir when he's on the field!

speaking of ignoring game mechanics, FREE ACCURACY CORRECTORS NEVER ROLL DICE :D

also, ADVANCED TARGETING COMPUTER ADDS RESULTS REGARDLESS OF ROLL!

appropriately, the ATCs and AC coupons came in the same pack as the emperor :P

belated sky is falling!

next on the docket: Darth Vader (both versions, ignoring action limit on one and dice on the other), Deathrain (Front bombs!? wtf is this unholiness?) and Carnor Jax (but focus is the most ubiquitous action in the game :(!?)

Edited by ficklegreendice

inquisitor.png

oh great

emperor-palpatine.png

speaking of ignoring game mechanics, FREE ACCURACY CORRECTORS NEVER ROLL DICE :D

belated sky is falling!

next on the docket: Darth Vader (both versions, ignoring action limit on one and dice on the other), Deathrain (Front bombs!? wtf is this unholiness?) and Carnor Jax (but focus is the most ubiquitous action in the game :(!?)

You do make a good point on one of the Imperials strength and that is to have consistent results. Sure Imperials are still playable they did make the top cut. But the new stuff they are getting is less than stellar. When you look at the new releases from Wave 7 through 8 It is like being that kid at Christmas getting only a sweater while your cousins get a new RC car and a new xbox/playstation/nintendo.

inquisitor.png

oh great

emperor-palpatine.png

belated sky is falling!

You do make a good point on one of the Imperials strength and that is to have consistent results. Sure Imperials are still playable they did make the top cut. But the new stuff they are getting is less than stellar. When you look at the new releases from Wave 7 through 8 It is like being that kid at Christmas getting only a sweater while your cousins get a new RC car and a new xbox/playstation/nintendo.

Comm Relay? Advanced V1? I wish my Xwing had that kind of sweater...