Sign in to follow this  
DWRR

The Armada Community Painting Thread - Keep your pictures here! Keep 'em visible!

Further Commisson Progress...

This has been a while coming.  My Brand New Computer, barely 6 weeks old, which I got to manage my business and keep Photos and progress maintained....  Blew a CPU Fan Bearing.  So its down until I can make the 2 hour each way trip across town to the memory express to replace it...

Hooray for still having the old system, even if it requires 4 bootups to actually bootup...  It means I'm here today...  >.>

DSCF5489.jpg

DSCF5490.jpg

Hey guys :D

Wanna show you some of my painted Rogues and Villains ships :D hope you like them :D

Cheers! 

13124638_10153630629247337_3562671340569

13133225_10153630629442337_254052499868313177947_10153630629737337_767200938600613133267_10153630629897337_773293841963613174111_10153630630092337_108576728124413177916_10153630630122337_793981206233013174094_10153630630212337_406460350507913118989_10153630630217337_212314078737413173566_10153630630542337_167879990802813131314_10153630630722337_8304641329604

I wish I had the steady hands needed to paint the Squads like this, may just need to break down and hire someone to paint mine for me. These are Awesome!!!!!

Ingenious idea using a pipe with holes drilled in it to paint squads. I am new here (post 1, holla yo) but I am a relatively new painter working through a whole mess of squadrons, and have been trying everything I could think of to help give me a solid grip on the tiny parts and also allow me to paint multiple at a time without much success. When I get home from work today I am drilling a piece of PVC and having at it.

Got my shapeways order in yesterday and all plans went out the window in favor of painting :D.  I will definitly be ordering more Armada and X-wing stuff.

First is an Assault Frigate Mk1.  I dislike the MkII model, but have been a fan of the Mk1 and I was super exicted when Gottmituns205 told me where to get one.  Thanks again Gottmituns205!

799688_md-Assault%20Frigate%20Mk1.JPG

Modified Nebulon-B2.  I plan on running it as a GSD, close match on hull, shields, etc...

799690_md-Nebulon%20B-2.JPG

799689_md-Nebulon%20B-2%20rear.JPG

Not shapways but my two MC30's. 

799687_md-MC30.JPG

Nebulon-B with a more Imperial paintjob.  The standard white did not feel right.

799692_md-Imperial%20Nebulon-B.JPG

All of my (rebel) fighters are painted, but these came out the best IMO. 

799693_md-Fighters.JPG

Edited by Salted Diamond

Ouzel, that BSG ship is.... scary.  Looks incredible on the table despite me not liking the franchise much.  Nice!  Very nice.  

Foas, those marauder corvettes are looking superb.  I'm not allowed to like them!  Stop it, stop it this instant :P 

Those Ties are looking right on target Moodswing!  Nicely done mate, especially for a first try. 

Mcios, those R&V are looking great.  There's something that reminds me of a familiar 15mm painting style which I like.  It's very distinct and defined, very much keeping with making those ships look like they aught to. Fett in particular looks great. 

Glad to see some ships too Salted Diamond.  Very nice choices. Nebulons are good, interesting choice for the engines on the B2.  I think I saw it on a screen cap too.  And a blue Y-wing is nice to see. 

The RIsing Sun looks great Jpersons.  I'm a fan of interesting diverse colour schemes, even if I never get the inspiration to do anything really remarkably different.  I just like seeing them a lot.  So nicely done, and yay for Defenders.  

now for me.  After finishing a loooot of X-wing ships I'm stuck, on R&V in particular.  The H-6 and Aggressor are being done like my others so they're part of squadrons (unless I decide to repaint a whole squadron, which is possible on the Aggressors).  But I'm essentially stuck on the other HWK and YT's.  The Jumpmaster is just white.  A nicely painted white, but frig, white anyway.  I'll have to think up something to make it acceptable even if it's just as a precaution for a tournament goer complaining about my converted one.  For the picture today, the firespray... which I don't actually like, yet am not convinced painting my second firespray like the first but with a heraldic device will look right.  

2d7frrt.jpg

Meh. 

Glad to see some ships too Salted Diamond.  Very nice choices. Nebulons are good, interesting choice for the engines on the B2.  I think I saw it on a screen cap too.  And a blue Y-wing is nice to see.

It's your fault I got it.  With your using one in Forces of the Ceknell Sector, I decided I did want one. :P  I remember that their engines were a purple in the games, so I made mine match.

Anyone else who has not seen Vykes campaign, Look HERE to see it.  Definitely worth a look.

Edited by Salted Diamond

For the picture today, the firespray... which I don't actually like, yet am not convinced painting my second firespray like the first but with a heraldic device will look right.  

2d7frrt.jpg
Meh. 

You know.  I think this one fell flat for you, Vykes...  Don't get me wrong, once again, its terribly well executed as a paint job, neat, defined, beautiful...

Its just there's not enough...  Its a very "real world" Paint job in a Fantasy Setting...  I think that's the failure there...  Its like the Stock model that's come off the factory floor, and has yet to be pimped with some flame decals, you know?...

Like I said.  Fantastically Painted.  Beautifully Executed...   Boring Subject Matter.  :/

Then I'm happy to be at fault, Salted Diamond. It's great to see those ships around (and some of the conversions I've seen for the Neb B2 are great for variety. I still might have to cut a pair of them up).  I see there's a clear keyhole peg on that Mk I RAF, do they have anything there to begin with,or do you have to attach them?  Just curious. 

I do like those light grey destroyers Mcios, even if I can't do them for the life of me :P They simply look more in scale.  Hmmm, maybe I will need to experiment a little more on a VSD.

I think you're probably right Dras, there's something that feels more like a 'real' sci-fi franchise to it rather than Star Wars  I don't know, armed London Taxi cab in 2525 etc. I'm going to have to figure out something to do with it, strip it or trade it for a fresh one from someone I know who has like 8 of them. I've got the same problem with aYT-1300 so they might end up in the Green together.

Might as well put up more of the set. 

2dkn50n.jpg

Here, the YT1300 I was grousing about.  The engine I like, if I ever go back to skaven I know how to do 'sickly green' now, and it's even brighter than the picture no thanks to that cowling. Little blotchy, varnish is irritating me but I've got some new stuff. I'm hating the YT1300's blobby pony-ear radar dish... might think about Force Awakens-ing it up.

212vd01.jpg

Pair of H6's.  I'm keeping them and the Aggressors in squadrons as it feels right to me.  Anyhow, as much as I like them, I might end up repainting them in favour of a theme I did for a mates K-wing from X-wing.  I'm pretty enamoured with the desert look right now, I'm just weighing out if it's worth trying the same technique at a different scale.

Converted K-wing, behind spoilers for those with a weaker constitution for the stuff

2e24h2s.jpg

ff0h74.jpg

And now, one that I'm liking.  My proverbial blue bird of happiness, though I think it sorta looks like something from the CFL.  Still, I'm happier after the YT1300.

209m7fp.jpg

And last up is the jumpmaster that I just don't care about.  I don't like 'em aesthetically as a ship but they're invaluable tools.  So I have my little list.  If I can't use the Lambda as a Jumpmaster, I'll see if I can use the Sentinel.  If I can't use the Sentinel I'll ask about my 'Toastmaster 5000' conversion.  And if they insist, and I'll be in a bad mood from having to keep this millstone around during tournament season, then I'll have to settle for the floor model.

Now... to figure out something for that YT2400.

I for one, Vykes, think that Firespray is fantastic.  Sometimes less is more.  I prefer to paint mine more subtly/understated.  But then again, I'm a realism guy (usually  :D ).  Keep up the good work!