Sign in to follow this  
DWRR

The Armada Community Painting Thread - Keep your pictures here! Keep 'em visible!

Cool falcon, how did you paint it.

I didn't bother priming it as 1) I couldn't be bothered with something so small and 2) I've run out of Primer (;))

Base layer was Administratum grey, then nuln oil over it once, let dry then 2nd coat nuln oil over engine area and cockpit.

Highlighted up all raised parts using the grey, then a darker grey (stormvermin something or other) for a few random plates, and Mehpiston red for the red parts. Used a 50/50 of Ulthuan grey and the base grey for higlighting the most prominent areas.

Engine was Vallejo deep sky blue for the base colour, then a light wash of hoeth blue round that area, before engine highlights using white and the sky blue.

Varnish and sorted. :)

My second Nebbie:

8pWidid.jpg

31TlXw5.jpg

8pWidid.jpg

I might touch it up a bit, but I'm quite happy with it. The front bit may be a bit too bright, but it looked alright under the lighting of my room. I went for a rust wash to give it the look of an old abandoned ship being called back to action.

Edit: Better flash pictures

l2Fd0jb.jpg

SaKcyGL.jpg

This is the same ship under a flash. It looks better from afar, but it makes it seem like the rust is ongoing...

Edited by Onca

:D Glad you like it!. The front texture was a lot different, so I thought I'd go for it. 

Here's my old Nebbie for reference. I'm honestly not too thrilled about the green anymore. Might change that.

axpofZe.jpg

Edited by Onca

It is a Sorylian heavy cruiser from Firestorm Armada

It's actually a standard cruiser. The heavy cruiser has a wider lower hull part:

Cruisers1c_zpszokvokoh.jpg

These are the heavy cruisers. Mine are magnetised just so they can swap between heavy and standard hulls as required.

Cruisers1a_zpspfru9kyy.jpg

Edited by CheesyRobMan