Sign in to follow this  
Ikka

Integrated Astromechs w/R2-D6

also note that IA won't be mandatory for all X-wings

Poe still needs his thrusters :P

(having played T-70s w/thrusters, however, my diagnosis is that they shatter like glass instead of popping like soap bubbles, which isn't as much of an improvement as it should be...probably gonna want Integrated)

Edited by ficklegreendice

(having played T-70s w/thrusters, however, my diagnosis is that they shatter like glass instead of popping like soap bubbles, which isn't as much of an improvement as it should be...probably gonna want Integrated)

Agreed. Two dice thrusters doesn't get a lot of mileage. Better to let the little droid take it on the dome for you.

With IA coming out and basically going to be mandatory for all X-wings, I have a quick question. With R2-D6 you get an EPT, but do you lose that EPT if you discard your astromech?

Yes as the droid brings the EPT with it if it dies the EPT goes with it..... also getting the "Pilot value 0" crit will cause the same affect

Agreed. Two dice thrusters doesn't get a lot of mileage. Better to let the little droid take it on the dome for you.

Pretty sure both Poe's in the world's final had thrusters, I'm better its gona stay that way

and Wedge needs that boost

With IA coming out and basically going to be mandatory for all X-wings, I have a quick question. With R2-D6 you get an EPT, but do you lose that EPT if you discard your astromech?

Yes as the droid brings the EPT with it if it dies the EPT goes with it..... also getting the "Pilot value 0" crit will cause the same affect

No it won't.  A Wing Test Pilot has a similar restriction, and you don't lose your second (or first if you're arvel) EPT upon getting that crit.

There has been no ruling on this yet. Many people agree with your assessment but many others disagree.

Until FFG makes a ruling this is still unknown.

Pretty sure both Poe's in the world's final had thrusters, I'm better its gona stay that way

that's Poe uniquely, however

because Poe's ability + Thrusters = 1 guaranteed evade, at the very least (against every attack made against him)

the other T-70s still disappear with or without it

Edited by ficklegreendice

integrated gets you a situational hit point.  any time autothrusters triggers, it essentially does the same.  i've been running 3 t-70s, all with autothrusters, and they've proven their worth every game.  it rewards good fundamental play, keep the initial exchange at range 3 so they trigger, force range 3 on pursuits so they trigger.  they also trigger against every (almost) tlt shot.  for one more point than something that gets you more greens or for the same cost as the targetting astro, i'd take thrusters every single time and it's not even a question.  integrated astro is definitely more for the t-65.  the only situation i'd take IA over thrusters with t-70s is if i'm running 4 blue squad novices with r2s...and that's only because you don't have the points for thrusters then.   

Edited by barn34

I guess i'm in the minority then.  Thrusters are random and situational where as IA can trigger any time you take a damage card.  

I mean....you could even use integrated against damage from obstacles or even crew Vader.