Sign in to follow this  
King Stag

GM Screen's Work for All Games?

The real benefit of the screens is the adventure and extra rules, which depends on the screen. The screens themselves are mostly the same, except some weapon differences.

Is there one that you feel is better than the others, due to the adventure and the extra rules?

The real benefit of the screens is the adventure and extra rules, which depends on the screen. The screens themselves are mostly the same, except some weapon differences.

This.

Nearly 100% identical between all the screens. The things that come with each of the screens are completely different.

I bought all three for the extras, but the screens don't go to waste, I keep one near me and the other two are out for the players to use.

This.

Nearly 100% identical between all the screens. The things that come with each of the screens are completely different.

I bought all three for the extras, but the screens don't go to waste, I keep one near me and the other two are out for the players to use.

Indeed - the extra screens are surprisingly useful as player references. It's nice for people to have things like the Advantage/Threat charts close at hand.

Is there one that you feel is better than the others, due to the adventure and the extra rules?
The squad rules in AoR are very useful for starfighter combat, and also personal scale.

As for the mini-adventures, they are very much themed for the setting - EotE, AoR, or FaD - so if you're going to get just one get the one you're going to run.

EDIT:double ninja'd on two posts!

Edited by Lifer4700

I have all three, mostly for the modules that came with them, but still.  I find that I use the FaD one most often (though 5 of 7 players are force users).  I tend to have all three at the table, mine for GM use, and the other two passed out as an easy reference for the players at the table, its helped a lot with critical hits, spending advantage, etc.  In my opinion, for our group, having multiples helps.

What? You need them all! Then you can build your own GM fort with the screens. Seperating you from those lowly players.

What? You need them all! Then you can build your own GM fort with the screens. Seperating you from those lowly players.

HAHA! i had to post just to tell mouthymerc that i literally laughed out loud when i read that! More from the mental image i got of GM screens stacked with a GM hunched over throwing his dice into them so no one else can see laughing maniacally as he deciphers his dice. 

BTW i think that having multiple screens is a good idea if only to have the cool panoramic pictures they have

Edited by Hibby1791

I ran both the EotE and FD adventures from their respective GM Toolkits and have to say I loved Debts to Pay from EotE the best.  I gave it an Aliens movie, horror feel and worked well with my players. I haven't run the AoR adventure yet, so can't say anything about it.

As far as "content" ... EotE (Nemesis?? right?), AoR (Squadron Rules), and FD (how to build a Lightsaber + Knight Level Play stuff, I think).  I would have to say the Lightsaber construction rules on those 2 pages are just money, so awesome!  Triumph to add a HP to a lightsaber, Despair to remove one?  Very nice!  

For the price, all of them are well worth getting.  If you get them all, then your players can have some reference charts for spending threat, advantage, triumph, despair, and critical hits.  I do find I really don't use the weapon charts much.  I use the other ones a lot like difficulties for medicine checks, difficulties in space combat.  I would've liked that weapon chart replaced with the available manuevers and actions for space combat.  That chart for what non-pilots and gunners can do is just awesome!  Also, the chart for difficulties for flying in space debris and how to build up that difficulty pool (1/2 silhouette and speed ... easy, but nice to have it in front of me).

Anyways, they are all good products, but as stated before ... if you're gonna get just once, get the one for the "genre" (EotE, AoR, or FD) you'll be running in and you really can't go wrong.

And btw, totally unrelated but figured I'd mention it ... the Suns of Fortune book (Corellian Sector), is just shock full of awesome if you're wanting to add beasts to your campaign.  The variety of beasts they have in that book can easily be reskinned (pun intended) into any beast you can imagine.  And getting the Stay on Target book, gives you the rules for riding beasts into vehicle combat.  Very slick!

If I get a GM Screen for AoR, will it have relevant info for EotE and FaD? Do I need a different screen for each one???

Although to answer your original question, yes ... it will be just find for the others.  The content on the GM screen itself is the same across all of them, except for the color and graphic on the "player's side".

Z

Edited by Zszree