Sign in to follow this  
JoshuaEvanBrown

Tales from the Hydian Way: Season 2

Episode 80 is an absolute must listen to any new players out there, it will help you with the core of this system so much.

Thanks! This particular topic is certainly one that bears revisiting regularly, and I hope it helps others engage with the system!

This week, we discuss villains - some ideas on designing them, using them, and making them really cool, so check out Episode 82 - the Villain's Tale.

Then, let us know about your favorite villains - and how they eventually fall apart.

And if you missed it (because I posted this on the F&D forums last week, for example), check out our discussion of Keeping the Peace in Episode 81 - I love this book, and I think it includes things that are great for every line.

Hi folks,

This week, we are joined by FFG's Max Brooke, talking about choices, conflict, morality, and telling good stories about the above on Episode 83 Return of Max

Now some of you may say "I don't play F&D, so Morality doesn't apply" - sure, but the ideas of giving your characters tough choices apply in all the lines, and so does character growth, so I think you'll find some great ideas here - mostly from people other than me, which makes it even better ;)

This is the first of two episodes with Max, and I learned a fair bit. Tell me what you think!

Cheers,

Joshua

Joshua is off learning about weird ways the world is going to end in semi far away places, or some such, so I'm here to tell you about Joshua and I talking for a surprisingly long time about Lead by Example and some of the ideas we had about the book.

This is the start of a few weeks for the show talking about Age of Rebellion and some ways of making it more engaging.

Wait no longer for the start with Episode 85 - The Lead by Example Tale

As Joshua starts to make his way back to this side of the planet I'm back to tell you about our show talking about the rebellion in general and Rogue One in specific and how a few themes that showed up in the trailer can be very useful at your table.

This week we bring you Episode 86 - The One Rogue Tale

Also of note: Josha and David have now been my co-hosts for 26 episodes now (and one bonus episode) which makes it a half year. I'm glad that they both said yes and that they're still with the show.

Hi all,

I'm back from distant lands full of cool spiders, awesome fish, and scorpion eating chickens. Just in time, too, for Episode 87: The Grand Combat Tale

Sure, this is mostly focused on big battles and such, and thus feels a little more Age than Edge, but I'm sure your Hired Guns want a little love, and everyone else can have a role.

Sit back, listen, and tell us how you've used large scale conflicts in your Edge games.

Cheers,

Joshua

We've all been there - an idyllic cantina, populated by fun-loving thugs just looking for a rumble, till some guy busts out a lightsaber and ruins the whole thing. Check out our discussion of how to make that iconic scene fun for everyone, and how to signal that a brawl is just a brawl, rather than a deadly situation, on Episode 94 - the Bar Brawl Tale.

Thanks! That's why we do these - it is certainly an interesting way to look at 'combat'

I had to do a bit of catchup, that Bar Brawl episode was truely eye opening, i again think every GM and Player of this system should take a listen to that episode.

Oi - it's been a doozy at work, so I'm behind on updating you all on the exciting episodes we recently have had - a trio of episodes featuring the Dice for Brains podcast!

Episodes 96 & 97 are with Ross Rockafella, the GM of the series. We talk about his approach to pulling the series together, managing player input, and telling a rockin' story.

Episode 98 features Susan White, who talks about her perceptions as a new player, and shares some of the challenges and opportunities she faced.

So listen in, and then check out Dice for Brians, if you haven't already.

I had to do a bit of catchup, that Bar Brawl episode was truely eye opening, i again think every GM and Player of this system should take a listen to that episode.

That was an enlightening discussion to be in, I'm happy that it was helpful for you and for others

For our 100th Episode, we design the Crossroads Sector on the fly - showcasing how you can quickly come up with a new place by using existing ideas like songs and real-world locations to create intriguing worlds for your players. We also leave lots of hooks unexplored, creating a space ripe for adventure.

I really enjoy this episode and I am excited for the next episode.

I could see there being an entire FFG-length campaign module written on this system that you 3 have created.

Did Joshua switch mics? His quality didn't seem as good this time around.

I really enjoy this episode and I am excited for the next episode.

I could see there being an entire FFG-length campaign module written on this system that you 3 have created.

Did Joshua switch mics? His quality didn't seem as good this time around.

Yep, I was on the road, and had to improvise, because I didn't have my full set up.