Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTheDOP

Using Epic SV to fix GR75

If you look at Star Wars: Armada, you pretty much need to buy ships from both factions in order to get the best upgrades for certain ships.

The only difference, in Armada the Raider costs 20 bucks, in X-wing...

You don't even have to look at Armada. Just look at the game we're playing here!

And that $20 Raider in Armada is offset by the way they really encourage you to buy multiple $30-50 ships. Like, the Turbolaser Reroute card in that game is amazingly strong for Rebel builds, especially with Ackbar, and you only get one of them per $30 MC30c Expansion Pack.

To answer the second part of this, I would not be the least bit surprised if there was a "Most Wanted' style pack that brings the GR-75 and the CR-90 into the fold of the SCUM forces.  I am not sure that is the best thing to do, but I can see it.  The real trick is how many  ships fit in at this scale?  The Raider and the CR-90 are HUGE!  We clearly can't go much bigger and there really aren't a whole lot of choices left out there for the SCUM.  

Before the Hound's Tooth was made as a large based ship, I would have made the argument that it should be the SCUM Epic, and maybe Jabba ship to finally bring the Hutts into the X-Wing world!

I think I'm more hopeful than most people. 

23062958575_1c4f64eea1.jpg22824956449_eb9a0fa47f.jpg

21534432981_920eb3921b_n.jpg18202798696_d029f65930_n.jpg17602350168_77f184e7c9_n.jpg

20918378619_a5168ea0b2_n.jpg21113567171_7be95e7020_n.jpg22993091773_329c9b11a9_n.jpg

23460802522_029387318e_n.jpg23460890362_61e8215141_n.jpg

Edited by gabe69velasquez

If you're using the Transport in an offensive capacity, you're using it wrong. It's an amazing support ship and should never be used as anything else.

Scum don't need a GR75 with guns and all kinds of offensive nonsense. Scum needs its own ship that brings something different to the table.

If you look at Star Wars: Armada, you pretty much need to buy ships from both factions in order to get the best upgrades for certain ships.

The only difference, in Armada the Raider costs 20 bucks, in X-wing...

You don't even have to look at Armada. Just look at the game we're playing here!

And that $20 Raider in Armada is offset by the way they really encourage you to buy multiple $30-50 ships. Like, the Turbolaser Reroute card in that game is amazingly strong for Rebel builds, especially with Ackbar, and you only get one of them per $30 MC30c Expansion Pack.

Also you can field several Raider in Armada where as in Epic formats it is limited to one Raider per player. Sure they are the same ship but in different representations.

If you're using the Transport in an offensive capacity, you're using it wrong. It's an amazing support ship and should never be used as anything else.

Scum don't need a GR75 with guns and all kinds of offensive nonsense. Scum needs its own ship that brings something different to the table.

As of now what else are you going to use? The answer is nothing. Sure Scum needs its own huge ship but we are waiting on FFG. The kit I made is to fill that gap until FFG inevitably releases an epic expansion pack for the scum faction. The issue at hand is we don't know when that would be and there is no indication from FFG yet about it. So here is a temporary solution.