Sign in to follow this  
Dabat

What is your combat load out? How about non combat?

Kylen said:

My John Woo Assassin Jericus (no, I didn't take the packages out of IH. I wanted him to kinda be all around with guns) has the following load outs:

I'm still surprised you don't have your Nomad graphed to your arm. But, I guess that wouldn't help in situations of subtlety lengua.gif.

My Tech-Priest has.. uhh... Kit.

Normally he carries his Omnissian Axe, Archotech Las Pis, a lucky rope, and himself (which there is a lot of).

For a combat situation the only thing that really changes is that he has a few more explosives and a Med Kit. Also flashlights. Lots of flashlights.

From last weekends game:

First I had the Acolytes intercept a bunch of rebels and cultists who were smuggling some stolen Imperial Guard issue nerve gas canisters out of Sepheris Secundus airport.

The two infiltrators were suited up in robes (one was posing as a cleric and other one an administrative assistant) with mesh vest under the robes, laser pistol on the belt and longarms (combat shotgun and autogun) hidden nearby.

The two arbitors were ready close by in full uniform (mesh vest, carapace helmet) one with combat shotgun and one with stub automatic.

They were a bit worried and aching for hard cover when a half a dozen crazed cultists decide to make their stand and open up full-auto with autopistols and one shuriken catapult...

Several twists and turns of the plot later they were assaulting an Inquisitorial supermax detainment facility which was under rebel control. This time they went in as heavy as they could:

Mesh vest, carapace helmet, light flak coat, one pistol (laserpistol, stub automatic or hand cannon) each, one combat shotgun each (except for their assassin who carried a long las with extra over-charge and hot-shot energy packs and autogun... just in case). Six grenades (assortment of frag, blind and photon) each. 3 extra magazines for each combat shotgun, 1 extra mag for each pistol, 750 extra shotgun ammo in big metal box, 30 extra frag grenades in big metal box, 6 riot shields... and a Rhino to carry it all.

Filadan said:

Kylen said:

My John Woo Assassin Jericus (no, I didn't take the packages out of IH. I wanted him to kinda be all around with guns) has the following load outs:

I'm still surprised you don't have your Nomad graphed to your arm. But, I guess that wouldn't help in situations of subtlety lengua.gif.

Normally he carries his Omnissian Axe, Archotech Las Pis, a lucky rope, and himself (which there is a lot of).

For a combat situation the only thing that really changes is that he has a few more explosives and a Med Kit. Also flashlights. Lots of flashlights.

Didn't realize you were on here too.

Besides, if I grafted the Nomad to my arm, I wouldn't be able to fire it correctly.

And :P to you too. Both Carl and Shawn will be at game Saturday, so yeah.

Filadan said:

He is not kidding, folks.  The "lucky" rope is of rather dubious quality and was issued to the team on their very first mission to investigate the Shatters in Sepherus Secundis from the stores of the Secundan PDF.  The rope saved THREE characters lives!  As for the flashlights, it seems that just about every published adventure hands out flashlights as part of the standard gear. Being a Techpriest, Psi-1985 does not insult the machine spirit of these issued lamps despite his lack of need for them, and so he carefully maintains and collects them for safe keeping.  I stopped keeping track of how many he has when the count went above 15.

His implants are quite extensive.  The obvious stuff includes 5 mechadendrites (he will eventually have 6), Dragonscale armour and the usual Techpriest litany. Lots of less obvious stuff inside.  Of rather cool note: his respirator implant looks a bit like a creepy sci-fi variant of a samurai's mempo.  I allowed him to buy the Machine 1 trait as an elite advance under the grounds that Explorators can buy it on their standard advances in RT.  He also has a nice custom upgraded las-dendrite that was salvaged, repaired and reconsecrated after violent reclamation from its former Logician owner.

The one true measure of wargear abuse comes in the form of his Mechanicus robes. These things get trashed constantly!  "Honour the Machine, for the flesh is weak. Shop at CostCo, for the fabric is weaker!"

I would die... to an extent, to save that rope, for I would be dead without it. The only reason I still carry it is because I can't think of a creative way to get it implanted.

And as for my poor poor robes... while everyone else is out shopping for ammo I'm out getting a new set of robes. The guardsmen are corrousing the bolter and shotgun isles, the assassin is grabbing more sniper and stubber, while I'm grabbing arm-fulls of generic-red-robe-0062 three feet down from the fat guy shopping for moomoos. I knew there were sacrafices to be made for both the Emperor and the Omnissiah, but I wasn't really aware that one had to be my wardrobe.

And as for my flashlights -- "We are all but a weapon in the right hand of the Emperor." One day my flashlights shall rise up and show their true power, their spirits rallied for war as they are wielded in battle putting bolter and blaster, power and chain to shame. The only thing preventing me from "realizing" my goal is just a few more insanity points...

Filadan said:

I would die... to an extent, to save that rope, for I would be dead without it. The only reason I still carry it is because I can't think of a creative way to get it implanted.

And as for my poor poor robes... while everyone else is out shopping for ammo I'm out getting a new set of robes. The guardsmen are corrousing the bolter and shotgun isles, the assassin is grabbing more sniper and stubber, while I'm grabbing arm-fulls of generic-red-robe-0062 three feet down from the fat guy shopping for moomoos. I knew there were sacrafices to be made for both the Emperor and the Omnissiah, but I wasn't really aware that one had to be my wardrobe.

And as for my flashlights "We are all but a weapon in the right hand of the Emperor." One day my flashlights shall rise up and show their true power, their spirits rallied for war as they are wielded in battle putting bolter and blaster, power and chain to shame. The only thing preventing me from "realizing" my goal is just a few more insanity points...

I can't help but laugh at this. I'm sorry dude, but it's so true.

My character, an Assassin dressed in Xeno Mesh walks proudly with her Bolt Pistol and Powersword at her side. She also carries a compact out las pistol with hotshot charge hidden somewhere. When she expects trouble, she brings either a hellgun, longlas or soon a meltagun depending on what for mission we will be going.

When going in a less conspicious mode, she wears the mesh under the robe, or volumnous dresses and downgrades, if necessary, to lesser weaponry. High on the list of wannahaves is the short powerblade that will be much more easily hideable. But always she will be trying to bring some lethal gear with her because what is an assassin without tools?

The zenith of my first Techpriest character is quite nasty.

He's a Mechanicus Secutor with the Machinator Array Talent. He also sports several implants and mechadendrites (Mining Helot augmetic, Ballistic Mechadendrite with a bolt pistol, Utility Mechadendrite, Manipulator Mechadendrite and a Medicae Mechadendrite). A total of five extra "arms" if you will, beyond the normal two.

He has also undergone the heaviest cybernetic resurrection possible, and it included replacement of his normal arms and legs for bionic counterparts.

As for weapons, the heaviest loadout consisted of one powerfist and a bolter attached to the fist with a forearm weapon mount on one hand, and in his other he carries an assault cannon (which he is strong enough to wield and brace with the help of his manipulator mechadendrite "one handed"). And in his hip holsters he carries one bolt pistol as a "backup" and an old but still functional trophy in the shape of a Dark Eldar Destructor. (looted from a dead Dark Eldar Haemonculus)

He is also encased in a shell of Mechanicus Dragonscale Armour, and wears the Mechanicus equivalent of a rosarius/refractor field of which I have forgotten the name of right now.

With all those weapons and armour he also has a few other useful trinkets and gear (like an auspex scanner, data-slate's, extra ammo etc. etc.) as well as three servo skulls, two of which are fitted with shock flails and the last is fitted with a cameleoline stealth upgrade and has high definition video and audio uptake and is directly linked to my techpriest's internal data banks/memory coils, and the live feed can also be extended to a data slate or hololithic unit for others to view whatever the cam-skull is viewing.

In appearance he kinda looks like Robocain from the movie Robocop 2 (basically no human parts at all, except for some portions of his head, connected to his mostly robot body). He gained certain nicknames in the group like "Dreadnaught" and "Micro Titan".

Currently, that character is "retired" (which means "promoted to Inquisitor" in our gaming group). Though I might break him out for action again once Ascension is released. happy.gif

Om Saier is my only character right now. He's an Assassin Gunslinger so his Knave of Pistols trait really narrows down his offensive choices but twin bolt pistols with a few Holy/Random magazines plus some bulging biceps and some more shooty talent trick gun-fu makes him versatile both up close and within Medium range. He scooped up an Inferno pistol but doesn't know how to use it at all so it just collects dust amongst his things. He has a powerblade tucked back behind waist in case it gets real close.

On the defensive side of things: a Pentagramic carapace chestplate, a pair of fatigues and some hardened body glove action-as not to completely ruin any Agility bonus- haven't failed to keep him alive for one more round at the RP table. I'm really interested in the new armour traits in the Radical's Handbook but they'd be a bit Uber for a quiet servant of the Emperor like Om. He's currently in the running for a Rosarius or Refractor Field-I think I spelled that right- in the current campaign but, again, they're real expensive to get and keep functional. He rounds it out with a pair of Armoured gauntlets.

As per standard gear; well worn dark garb, micro-bead, extra magazines, gun maintenance kit, personal grooming business, a backpack, a bolt shell charm, lho sticks and lighter, 2 doses of DeTox in one shot injectors, Photo contacts, filtration plugs, some grub, a multikey, familial shawl about his head and shoulders, his badge of office, a chrono, and an old fashioned pencil and paper.

means said:

He's an Assassin Gunslinger so his Knave of Pistols trait really narrows down his offensive choices

Just as a tip: while the gunslingers might be prohibited from using Basic and Heavy weapons according to the rules, there's nothing saying that they can't get melee weapon training (if I remember it correct). So if you want to, you could spice up his gunplay by using swords, chainswords and different kinds of power weapons and such.

After all, even a gunslinger will occasionally run out of ammo and might need a little oomph that doesn't need ammo. gui%C3%B1o.gif

My current character, a combat engineer (alternate rank for Guardsman that I designed), is equipped with the following:

-Mk. 2 lasgun (Mars Pattern) with chain blade bayonet (uses the latter as a chainsaw; that it can be used as a weapon is just gravy)

-Guard Flak Armor, best quality (working for the Inquisition has its perks)

-Satchel charges, radio detonators, spool of wire, and other supplies for blowing stuff up

-9-70 entrenching tool

-tool kit

-Triplex pattern "Fury" laspistol (picked up as a souvenir)

-SPAS-12 shotgun with breaching rounds

-Gas mask (built into the helmet)

Depending on the task at hand, he may also bring along:

-Thermal Lance (replaced the Melta Cutter he used to have. Dang, was it heavy!)

-Limpet mines

-Claymore mines

-Missile launcher

Obviously, all that heavy ordnance would be inappropriate for walking around town, so for such situations, he'd go with the Flak Armor and the Lasgun or a duty uniform and a laspistol.

The group I run currently consists of:

Electro Priest Vansire - devoted tech priest and longest serving member of the cell. Swaddled in red, flak lined, robes he has yet to be graced with the blessings of mechadendrites or major bionic replacement. He hopes to one day train as a Secutor and is already well versed in the arts of warfare. He is never without his arms and carries a lascarbine (often with a hot-shot power pack), Paired laspistols (one with a Hotshot power pack), slug revolver and a stout metal staff. He is regularly accompanied by the cell's augury servo-skull.

Warden "Cleanly" Callaghan - An Adeptus Arbites and a member of the Divisio Immoralis. He proudly wears his arbitrator uniform and flak vest at all times, and has yet to be seen without his full helm and respirator on. His fire arm of choice is the "Edict Issuer" a Carnodon pattern Hand Cannon with shot selector (full clips of standard rounds, Man stoppers and Dum Dums loaded by default), silencer and red dot laser sight.

Justinian Severus - A zealous Cleric and Redemptionist cultist. Severus is a tall gaunt man wearing sombre black robes. In combat he favours a guard issue flamer, autopistol or sword. He constantly distributes Redemptionist Tracts to any NPC who'll stop to talk to him for more than a moment and is as likely to preach damnation on the other acolytes as he is their foes...

Well after reading all these posts about combat load out my character is severly underequipt compared to everyone else. I play an Adept currently under the Comptroller advance. For all situations she wears her best quality body glove, out of combat under her adept robes when combat may be possible under a heavy flak cloak. Currently needs to buy some new robes seeing as how she was shot in the back by "friendly" fire then ripped up by a power blade.

Her weapons include a laspistol with 6 clips arranged on her belt. She has a lasgun which she rarely uses because she has a bad habit of hitting more inanimate objects than what she's aiming for. Both weapons have red dots on them. She also always carries her monoblade Katana (which currently is a shiv thanx to a herectic parrying with a powerblade). Need to get a new one of those!! Finally her handy dandy dataslate.

She's more the brains of the group than the brawn but while currently in the House of Ash and Dust campaign she is quite P/O'd at getting shot in the back by so called "friendly fire" so she has been ripping things apart (literally) first with her monoblade and now with a powerblade that she can't even turn on yet.  She's currently looking for the uppity uppity  <expletive deleted> who told her minions to shoot her. She is totally justified (in her mind) to killing said <expletive deleted> and urinating on her corpse.