Sign in to follow this  
zinolau

Stacking speed

I need a quick clarification on a movement rule from the rulebook:

"A hero may also decide to perform two move actions consecutively,
in which case the hero receives movement points equal to twice his Speed."

Do movement points stack, or those are still 2 separate actions?

What happens if a hero is moving through water with odd speed value (eg. 3), can he enter 3 water spaces (3x2=6 movement points), or just 2 (in which case the last move point of each move action is wasted)?

in case of monsters:

Can Ettin in Archive or Arrazon Enc1 (Heirs of Blood) move boulder 3 spaces during his activation (2 move actions, speed 3), or just 2?

Movement is a bit weird at the start of the descent learning process.

Technically a move action does not actually make you move but gives you a pool of movement points equal to your speed.

This could be supplemented by then using stamina to add movement points or taking a second move action to add more movement points (bear in mind this can be done over the course of the turn).

If terrain is impeding movement, like with a water space, then each space costs 2 points of movement to enter, if you only have 1 point you cannot pay the cost and cannot move into the water space.

But as mentioned you can augment your movement pool (take a move action to get 5MP, then use 1 stamina for 1MP = 6MP or 3 water spaces. OR double move to have 10MP = 5 water spaces.

Unfortunately I cant advise on the scenario as i dont have it in front of me.

Actually I'm playing this game for a while now but still have a lot of doubts with rules interpretation. Your explanation clears things up, thanks.

About the scenario I mentioned, in short the OL objective is to use Ettin to move boulder down the hallway, but he must spend two move points to move it 1 space, with speed of 3. Since monsters don't have stamina, I was wondering how far can he move the boulders in one turn.

That quest you mention is a bit tricky.  Its only two movement point to move the bolder but he has to be adjacent. If you do two move actions you could move it three spaces if it was not for the requirement that you must be adjacent.  So with two move actions the best i can see is to move it 2 spaces and move him 2 spaces to keep up

I don't have the scenario either..

but by your explantions (and by default : without any other rmean to gain MP / actions)
 - the ettin could move the boulder by 1 space if doing one mouvement action and something else with is second action (power, attack, ...) (loosing then 1 MP)
 - by 3 spaces if doing double mouvement

That quest you mention is a bit tricky.  Its only two movement point to move the bolder but he has to be adjacent. If you do two move actions you could move it three spaces if it was not for the requirement that you must be adjacent.  So with two move actions the best i can see is to move it 2 spaces and move him 2 spaces to keep up

Just by curiosity.. it must be adjacent only before moving the boulder or before and after ?

I gotta say I haven't thought of that.

I assumed Ettin moves WITH the boulder, pushing it. Therefore he's always adjacent...(?)

Edited by zinolau

Unless it says he does, I do not think he moves with ths boulder. To answer your first question more explicitly, any movement points a hero gains over the course of his turn (or a monster gains over its activation) are available to use until:

1)the end of your turn (or activation)

or

2) any point where you "end a move action."

Either of those things cause you to lose movement points. Otherwise, they carry through your turn.

Edited by Zaltyre

Just by curiosity.. it must be adjacent only before moving the boulder or before and after ?

You only need be adjacent before the move but typically you would want to move adjacent after to set up for the next move.