Sign in to follow this  
SPECPOL

Wave 9 Speculation : S&V Shadowcaster?

After comparing, they have similar silhouettes, though the engine nacelles are vastly different and the main hull of the Shadow Caster is more of a disc shape. Still, spiritual successor?

Or just a difference in the art style. See: TIE Fighter and Imperial-class Star Destroyer. 

It has 3 unique pilot/co-pilots so its very likely it'll appear in a future wave. But it still doesn't have a class name or any background - until LSG gets that straightened out I doubt it'll be making an appearance.

Edited by Hantheman

I'd say the Kom'rk or Gauntlet fighter is much more likely to in wave 9 than the Shadow Caster for scum (unless they intend for FFG to announce it's class and background of course).

There are 3 known named ships each with one or more known owners, they were used by the Deathwatch and Shadow Collective way back in the Clone Wars, was owned by a scum who raced with Hera in the Rebels era, and owned by a merc minor character in the upcoming TFA movie.

Not a Scurrg, nor the spiritual successor or predecessor to it. This is a transport, not a bomber, and besides having a dorsal turret (like almost everything in star wars) bears more resemblance to the Defiant or a droid gunship than it does the Scurrg. Blugh. Why do people think this thing is an H-6!?

Edited by Wondergecko

I have the feeling that ffg's partnership/licenses/whatever with Disney and Star Wars comes with some advance info on ships, and to stay on-message/brand-current ffg is going to be focusing primarily on Rebels and Ep VII, as cool as it would be to see more old SW Legends ships (dunelizard)

I would love to have that ship be in X-Wing. I really liked the look of it. 

blood-sisters-13_939d51bf.jpeg?region=0%

reb_ca_1138_de0e1cbc.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2

reb_ca_1140_6d14fbed.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2

Oh God, that looks like someone tried to mash the Defiant and a Jem'Hadar Attack Fighter with a Galaxy class asthetic. I'll pass

Kom'rk/ Gauntlet is 53m, Ghost is 43m. I doubt we will see anything non-epic larger than the Ghost.

The Hound's Tooth is 47.4m long, 36.9m wide and 15.5m tall 

The Ghost is 43.9m long, 34.2m wide and 14.5m tall

The Kom'rk / Gauntlet is 52.3m long, 52.4m wide and 13.23m tall

The Gozanti is 63.6m long, 32m wide and 14.7m tall

May be a little long and wide - but considering how FFG has been squeezing stuff like the K-Wing and TIE Punisher onto a small base - I wouldn't put it past them to put the Gauntlet on a large base.