Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

The Ghost!

Dorsal turret is the opposite of what I expected. Overall cost of the ships and upgrades is lower than I expected as well.

More turrets and this one get +1 die at range 1.  The Rebels are looking better all the time.

It's more turrets, but it's not a super-powerful one. The only one who will be really strong with this is Kavil. Everyone else just gets to punch like a generic YT-1300 freighter at range 1-2. It's solid and almost certainly better than the Blaster Turret, but it's not a world-beater.

Yeah, it's 3 points to turn them into K-wings or generic YTs. Not exactly burning up the meta with just their naked attack dice. 

Not sold on Dorsal turret at all currently. Everything else seems great.

Was really worried about Herra's point cost for a moment, but then remembered the turret aspect of the ship is not included in the base cost. Phew.

Anyone else find it hilarious Biggs doesn't have an Integrated Astromech in the suggested list?

"Hey guys! We know that there is no reason he shouldn't have Integrated Astromech, but, we just want you to know you can run him without it and make this list with just the Ghost and the original core set. You shouldn't feel forced to buy a number of T-70 expansions, because he's perfectly fine without it... Please believe us."

a month or so from now when the T-70 expansion is released

"Buy 4 T-70 expansions immediately if you want any of your T-65 X-wings to be usable at all. Do it now."

Awakened Aces pack with 'spooky' T-70 in black and the Special Forces TIE (basically a repaint with title upgrade) will include at least 2 copies of Integrated Astro...right?

So my brother pointed this out...due to the wording on Zeb, it would negate the use of Intimidation by the same ship (they are not considered "touching" when the ship is shooting. Such a shame, I was hoping intimidation would be worth it, but no.

Good catch. That being said I think Intimidation still becomes extremely useful with Zeb Crew on the board. A kitted out Ghost is going to be limited on what kind of support it brings. Adding Intimidation on another ship with the sole intention of playing bumper cars is still going to create opportunities for the Ghost to get that mega shot off. Heck, just the threat of it alone is going to force some ships to run away.

Good catch! Maybe run him on someone like Leebo with Intimidation? 37 points, activates at PS5 so still a solid ace blocker.

There's also Arvel at PS 6 w/ Autothrusters and Intimidation for 25 points w/ refit. 30 for Prockets. IG's run in terror from that duo wouldn't they?

Wonder if there will be a redocking protocol for the Attack Shuttle...

If there is, then it may also go with the Gozanti cruiser coming out soon.

Question #1 - Do the upgrades on the Phantom/shuttle become active while docked to the Ghost (i.e. While equipped with the Phantom title card, does the Ghost get a choice of either turret to fire as its last attack?)

Question #2 - Assuming Sabine's [crew] card allows a [bomb] upgrade to replace a [torpedo] upgrade, if she was equipped onto the Phantom is she allowed to still drop bombs while still docked to the Ghost?

Observation: Having watched REBELS, in a season 1 episode the Ghost was docked next to an Imperial Gozanti transport ship, the Ghost was approximately 2/3 - 3/4 the size of the transport. Yet the Transport is considered a "Huge" ship while the Ghost is a "Large" ship.

System + crew opens up FCS + Recspec combo. It will make the end phase turret shot (as well as gunner) really nasty.

Reinforced deflectors is nice for a 0 agi ship but not sure it beats FCS.

I'm still hoping at least one of the shuttle pilots has an effect while docked.

Edited by Deadwolf

Observation: Having watched REBELS, in a season 1 episode the Ghost was docked next to an Imperial Gozanti transport ship, the Ghost was approximately 2/3 - 3/4 the size of the transport. Yet the Transport is considered a "Huge" ship while the Ghost is a "Large" ship.

I'm sure both are bumped up against the low and high ends of their respective size classes.

the Ghost was approximately 2/3 - 3/4 the size of the transport. Yet the Transport is considered a "Huge" ship while the Ghost is a "Large" ship.

The Goz is actually 1/270 unlike other Epic ships, but it will be the smallest epic I think we'll ever see. The Ghost will likewise be the largest non-epic we'll ever see.

They made an error calling the phantom the first ship to arrive without a non unique pilot. 

The second ship in the Ghost Expansion Pack is the attack shuttle, a worthy addition to any Rebel squadron. The attack shuttle offers three attack, two agility, two shields, and two hull, as well as the focus, evade, and barrel roll actions. Notably, it is also the first Rebel ship for X-Wing Standard Play that comes without the acquire target lock action and the first ship in X-Wing for any faction to arrive without a non-unique pilot.

IG-2000 would disagree

IG-2000 can disagree all it wants, they're right when they specify the first rebel ship without any generics

They don't say that at all.   Re-read the quote.  They say the first ship from ANY faction without generics. 

Why would Ezra be a Pilot of the Ghost? He's only flown it once!

Because he's flown it.   Answered your own question. 

I don't get the two torpedo slots on the Ghost though. You have a 4 dice primary, why in the heck would I ever bother with a torp? Unless there is a card that makes torps worth taking, but it would have to be really good.

You also haven't seen Sabine yet.   I have a sneaking suspicion that she'll have some interaction with that, and maybe be bomb related. 

Sooo... how do Kanan and Daredevil work with each other? Can he remove the Daredevil stress, or does the very-specifically-worded-post-errata Daredevil text prevent it?

I've never been good at internalizing the nitty-gritty sequencing guidelines of this game.

They made an error calling the phantom the first ship to arrive without a non unique pilot. 

The second ship in the Ghost Expansion Pack is the attack shuttle, a worthy addition to any Rebel squadron. The attack shuttle offers three attack, two agility, two shields, and two hull, as well as the focus, evade, and barrel roll actions. Notably, it is also the first Rebel ship for X-Wing Standard Play that comes without the acquire target lock action and the first ship in X-Wing for any faction to arrive without a non-unique pilot.

IG-2000 would disagree

IG-2000 can disagree all it wants, they're right when they specify the first rebel ship without any generics

They don't say that at all.   Re-read the quote.  They say the first ship from ANY faction without generics. 

They've altered the quote:

"Notably, it is also the first Rebel ship for X-Wing Standard Play that comes without the acquire target lock action and the first to arrive without a non-unique pilot."

Not sold on Dorsal turret at all currently. Everything else seems great.

Was really worried about Herra's point cost for a moment, but then remembered the turret aspect of the ship is not included in the base cost. Phew.

Anyone else find it hilarious Biggs doesn't have an Integrated Astromech in the suggested list?

"Hey guys! We know that there is no reason he shouldn't have Integrated Astromech, but, we just want you to know you can run him without it and make this list with just the Ghost and the original core set. You shouldn't feel forced to buy a number of T-70 expansions, because he's perfectly fine without it... Please believe us."

a month or so from now when the T-70 expansion is released

"Buy 4 T-70 expansions immediately if you want any of your T-65 X-wings to be usable at all. Do it now."

Awakened Aces pack with 'spooky' T-70 in black and the Special Forces TIE (basically a repaint with title upgrade) will include at least 2 copies of Integrated Astro...right?

Yes, but they wont let us know that until after they ask us to buy all the T-70 blisters.

"Hey guys! It's us again! You know... We really thought about only including 1 Integrated Astromech in the T-70 blister, and we saw how all of you were forced to buy 1 or 2 too many of them to field your old T-65s competitively... And since we are really, really good guys, we want you to know that now you can buy this $50 aces pack which has 3 of them included! Ya ya, no need to thank us. We just want to make things easier on you! And don't worry! That $90 expansion with the Scyk fix is on its way next!"

Obviously, I say this all in jest, because it's much better FFG revisits their old ships and helps them out as opposed to just leaving them back to die. Of course, a cheaper way to get those fixes would be nice... But, that's part of how they sell their epic ships, and that's fine. Business is business.

Docked ships don't attack, can't be attacked, don't use actions and don't reveal maneuvers until undocked. No bombs or mines.

Alright that would apply to the Phantom's pilot ability itself. The Phantom's upgrade cards (crew, turrent, ept) on the the other hand I believe would still come into play.

IG-2000 would disagree

"Notably, it is also the first Rebel ship for X-Wing Standard Play that comes without the acquire target lock action and the first to arrive without a non-unique pilot."

Pray that they don't alter it any further.

Sooo... how do Kanan and Daredevil work with each other? Can he remove the Daredevil stress, or does the very-specifically-worded-post-errata Daredevil text prevent it?

I've never been good at internalizing the nitty-gritty sequencing guidelines of this game.

You are not alone my friend. Same here.

But this needs answering, FAST. Daredevil + Kanan + Zeb, anyone? Ya, probably not great, but holy smokes if that works how I hope, that. Is. AWESOME.

Im i the only one seeing Kanan as stupidly overpowered? "Friendly ship at range 1-2" doesnt include ANOTHER SHIP. so basically it means you can use it on yourself. Put it in falcon or dash so you can PTL all day long and do white maneuvers to clear stress?

Was this mentioned anywhere in this post already? 

So here's my question about TLT with Phantom Ghost combo - If you are running a stressbot, you can only give ONE stress with the TLT shot, because it is one ATTACK that just shoots twice - so if that is true, wouldn't you get to perform that ONE attack with your TLT and do both shots?  

Seems to me that if the second shot of a TLT is blocked from the Ghost/Phantom combo, then a stressbot should then be able to trigger from both shots.  

So here's my question about TLT with Phantom Ghost combo - If you are running a stressbot, you can only give ONE stress with the TLT shot, because it is one ATTACK that just shoots twice - so if that is true, wouldn't you get to perform that ONE attack with your TLT and do both shots?  

Seems to me that if the second shot of a TLT is blocked from the Ghost/Phantom combo, then a stressbot should then be able to trigger from both shots.  

TLT follows concussion missile rules where it gives two stress with tactician because it's two attacks on one target, skipping the declare target and weapon steps on the second attack. Stressbot needs the declare target.

So my brother pointed this out...due to the wording on Zeb, it would negate the use of Intimidation by the same ship (they are not considered "touching" when the ship is shooting. Such a shame, I was hoping intimidation would be worth it, but no.

Good catch. That being said I think Intimidation still becomes extremely useful with Zeb Crew on the board. A kitted out Ghost is going to be limited on what kind of support it brings. Adding Intimidation on another ship with the sole intention of playing bumper cars is still going to create opportunities for the Ghost to get that mega shot off. Heck, just the threat of it alone is going to force some ships to run away.

Good catch! Maybe run him on someone like Leebo with Intimidation? 37 points, activates at PS5 so still a solid ace blocker.

There's also Arvel at PS 6 w/ Autothrusters and Intimidation for 25 points w/ refit. 30 for Prockets. IG's run in terror from that duo wouldn't they?

Yeah, but I was specifically looking for combinations that would allow for both Zeb and Intimidation. Ezra's one, but I'm not sure he really wants to be bumping (and Intimidation locks him out from stress). Sabine or Hera in the shuttle may be another. He could also fit in a modded B-Wing.

IG-2000 would disagree

Pray that they don't alter it any further.

Im i the only one seeing Kanan as stupidly overpowered? "Friendly ship at range 1-2" doesnt include ANOTHER SHIP. so basically it means you can use it on yourself. Put it in falcon or dash so you can PTL all day long and do white maneuvers to clear stress?

Was this mentioned anywhere in this post already? 

Someone mentioned it, but it wasn't really discussed.

It is really, really good, but there are a ton of crew that are really, really good. Now, if the YT-2400 had multiple crew slots, I would be very worried. A Super Dash that could field both him and Kyle Katarn together would be beyond absurd.

Im i the only one seeing Kanan as stupidly overpowered?

Hardly.

3 points and a crew, that can be used once per round. He's nice but he's nowhere near 'stupidly overpowered'

The FAQ says that TLT is treated as if it's two attacks, but you skip the 'declare target' step for the 2nd attack. R3-A2 triggers when you declare a target, so that's why you only get one stress from the TLT-Stressbot combo.

But since it's still a 2nd attack that means Phantom shouldn't allow you to take the 2nd attack with TLT.