Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

The Ghost!

I don't get the two torpedo slots on the Ghost though. You have a 4 dice primary, why in the heck would I ever bother with a torp? Unless there is a card that makes torps worth taking, but it would have to be really good.

It could be for the fluff. I haven't watched Rebels, but maybe the Ghost has that capability.

Besides, it makes it more fun - for casual players and kids especially. Imagine how disappointed it'd be for them to realize their favourite ship doesn't have Proton Torpedoes!

Kind of like the Firespray I guess. I don't mind FFG giving us the option as long as there isn't some significant cost associated with those empty torpedo slots.

What you guys think will be best paired with the ghost. Looks to me like it will cost 64 to 75 points after upgrades. What do you guys think will be a good pairing wth it.

Until we know how maneuverable the shuttle is that's kind of hard to say. But.... I'd be tempted to put an A-Wing ace or pair of Z95s in the list. Ask again in February. :)

So my brother pointed this out...due to the wording on Zeb, it would negate the use of Intimidation by the same ship (they are not considered "touching" when the ship is shooting. Such a shame, I was hoping intimidation would be worth it, but no.

Good catch. That being said I think Intimidation still becomes extremely useful with Zeb Crew on the board. A kitted out Ghost is going to be limited on what kind of support it brings. Adding Intimidation on another ship with the sole intention of playing bumper cars is still going to create opportunities for the Ghost to get that mega shot off. Heck, just the threat of it alone is going to force some ships to run away.

So my brother pointed this out...due to the wording on Zeb, it would negate the use of Intimidation by the same ship (they are not considered "touching" when the ship is shooting. Such a shame, I was hoping intimidation would be worth it, but no.

Well, only when it activates during combat, but I can't think of anywhere outside of combat where a reduced agility would come into play.

Wonder if there will be a redocking protocol for the Attack Shuttle...

I'd be surprised if there is. It could be cool, but it could also add a fair amount of complication and be something that might get abused. So I think that once it launches it's out for the rest of the fight.

Good catch. That being said I think Intimidation still becomes extremely useful with Zeb Crew on the board. A kitted out Ghost is going to be limited on what kind of support it brings. Adding Intimidation on another ship with the sole intention of playing bumper cars is still going to create opportunities for the Ghost to get that mega shot off. Heck, just the threat of it alone is going to force some ships to run away.

And now I'm sad...

Well, only when it activates during combat, but I can't think of anywhere outside of combat where a reduced agility would come into play.

Is a ship "activated" during combat if it is defending against some other ship?

So zooming in on the card fans, I can see there's Ezra and Hera crew cards in addition to their pilot cards, and what looks like a Hera pilot for the shuttle as well.

Also, FFG must have had an inkling as to how popular the Dorsal Turret would be, as there are two of them included. :)

Good catch! Maybe run him on someone like Leebo with Intimidation? 37 points, activates at PS5 so still a solid ace blocker.

One other bonus of Intimidation with Zeb Crew: -1 damage from Proton Rockets.

The Ghost/Phantom title would also be pretty awesome with the Dorsal turret and a Gunner/Luke. Make a two-dice attack with the turret at something you're not likely to hit. Miss the target. Get another 4-dice attack with your primary weapon thanks to Gunner.

I don't think the timing will allow this.  Normally any ship gets only one attack, except huge.  If you attach with your turret you'd be done attacking, unless you had a gunner then you'd get a followup.  But looking at the card only if you use your primary plus phantom and use it first, which is one attack, only then do you get a second at the end of the Combat Phase and no more attacks allowed.

Well with the avg cost of a Ghost + Phantom being around 70 points. You're pretty limited. It will be 2 Prototypes, 2 Z-95's, or a single ace.

Due to the nature of Zeb's ability, I think it might be worthwhile to run a minimalist PS3 ghost with Zeb, Deflectors/FCS, and PS3 attack shuttle.

If the PS3 Ghost is 34-36 points, you can stay below 60 points after upgrades maybe. Here's hoping we can fit two X-wings or B-wings!

Not sold on Dorsal turret at all currently. Everything else seems great.

Was really worried about Herra's point cost for a moment, but then remembered the turret aspect of the ship is not included in the base cost. Phew.

Anyone else find it hilarious Biggs doesn't have an Integrated Astromech in the suggested list?

"Hey guys! We know that there is no reason he shouldn't have Integrated Astromech, but, we just want you to know you can run him without it and make this list with just the Ghost and the original core set. You shouldn't feel forced to buy a number of T-70 expansions, because he's perfectly fine without it... Please believe us."

a month or so from now when the T-70 expansion is released

"Buy 4 T-70 expansions immediately if you want any of your T-65 X-wings to be usable at all. Do it now."

That's a good question.  It's not really acting, so I would lean towards no.  So Intimidation would still help other ships shooting at the target, just not Zeb.

The intent of the card is pretty clear -- fine, get close and shoot, but your opponent gets to shoot back -- and fairly in keeping with the brawling nature of the character.

Dorsal turret is the opposite of what I expected. Overall cost of the ships and upgrades is lower than I expected as well.

More turrets and this one get +1 die at range 1.  The Rebels are looking better all the time.

It's more turrets, but it's not a super-powerful one. The only one who will be really strong with this is Kavil. Everyone else just gets to punch like a generic YT-1300 freighter at range 1-2. It's solid and almost certainly better than the Blaster Turret, but it's not a world-beater.

That's a good question.  It's not really acting, so I would lean towards no.  So Intimidation would still help other ships shooting at the target, just not Zeb.

The intent of the card is pretty clear -- fine, get close and shoot, but your opponent gets to shoot back -- and fairly in keeping with the brawling nature of the character.

I would agree mainly because it stats both ships so I would think ships are only active when it's there turn to shoot.