Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

The Ghost!

And why is he always using his claws instead of an actual scomp probe? Just weird.

That bugs me every time. there's nothing on that claw that looks like it'd connect and interface.
Force Weilding Knights with Lightsabers able to cross a Galxay in less time than it would take to drive across the country and this bothers you?

I think they have the technology for nano-connections built into it.

It's a question of consistency. We expect probe-like attachments from astromechs being used to plug into a computer because that's what R2 has done in like every movie. When chopper uses a very obvious claw attatchment it's almost like R2 using his periscope to weld something, it's possible but it doesn't 'look' right.

But I only remember seeing a couple Druids using these probe and Chopper is a different model than R2. Chopper even has extra appendages that act like arms and an actual large wheel for a center drive that he can drive and balance on. Heck, Chopper could be a modified like the Ghost is for all we know.

Also the writers for the Rebels are the same ones that worked on the Clone Wars and they worked very closely with the source material because they are bigger Star War nerds than we are. They also worked next to George Lucas throughout out the making of the Clone Wars which lasted a number of years, so I think they know the Star Wars Canon better than we do since they are writing some of the Canon and they have to work closely with the rest of the Canon now. Disney is not letting writers create anything now, they need to collaborate with each other before it is signed off.

But that is my take on it and I am going by the fact the EU is not a reliable source anymore. Rebels is Star Wars now and everything in it is Vetted Canon now.

I Think IG-88 would agree

(Emphasis Mine)

Crabbok said"

Notably, it is also the first Rebel ship for X-Wing Standard Play that comes without the acquire target lock action and the first ship in X-Wing for any faction to arrive without a non-unique pilot."

[Edit, the quote disappeared]

Edited by Ravncat

Makes sense to me.

They wanted to get all the Rebels characters into the one expansion. So that doesn't leave much room for generic pilots.

It would if you made more of them Crew upgrades instead of trying to make everyone a pilot.

Edited by DarthEnderX

If I were to make a nitpick about the Ghost, it's that I wish they would have switched one of the Proton Torpedo slots with a third crew slot.

With the ship as it's currently designed, you can field two Ghost crew with one pilot, and another one teamed with whomever pilots the Phantom. That's only five slots for the six members of the Rebels cast. :(

I can just picture Sabine hanging off the YT-1300 boarding ramp lobbing grenades at passing tie fighters

Sabine is so hot!!!!

:wub:  :wub:

tumblr_niakymehl61u27pz3o2_1280.jpg

Dude, she is probably not legal

kannan-jarrus-crew.png

Because **** Nien Numb, that's why.

Nien numb is one point and this guy is three.  Nien numb is also made to interact with pilots that care about green manuevers, namely lando.

Edited by Wilhelm Screamer

Oh dear god, I just had a horrific thought:

PTL Dash with Kanan.

Not as annoying as it could be (since you can't fit Kyle), but still.

Personally, best part of the card's its thematic complement with Hera's pilot card. Useful bonus regardless of move type.

Hopefully the inverse also happens.

I don't know how to rank Kanan as a pilot actually.  the one time in the show he flies the ship, he does okay, yet in the comic that shows him in the clone wars he holds his own against several clone pilots in an unfamiliar ship.

Oh dear god, I just had a horrific thought:

PTL Dash with Kanan.

Not as annoying as it could be (since you can't fit Kyle), but still.

Personally, best part of the card's its thematic complement with Hera's pilot card. Useful bonus regardless of move type.

He's okay with Hera, but we'll need to see how the dial for this thing is to know if she'll need the stress relief. Since she can't take an EPT while piloting the Ghost, the only other things that will stress her are enemy stress effects, debris clouds and possible Experimental Interface. He's by far going to be more useful paired with his student Ezra.

And why is he always using his claws instead of an actual scomp probe? Just weird.

That bugs me every time. there's nothing on that claw that looks like it'd connect and interface.
Force Weilding Knights with Lightsabers able to cross a Galxay in less time than it would take to drive across the country and this bothers you?

I think they have the technology for nano-connections built into it.

It's a question of consistency. We expect probe-like attachments from astromechs being used to plug into a computer because that's what R2 has done in like every movie. When chopper uses a very obvious claw attatchment it's almost like R2 using his periscope to weld something, it's possible but it doesn't 'look' right.

But I only remember seeing a couple Druids using these probe and Chopper is a different model than R2. Chopper even has extra appendages that act like arms and an actual large wheel for a center drive that he can drive and balance on. Heck, Chopper could be a modified like the Ghost is for all we know.

Also the writers for the Rebels are the same ones that worked on the Clone Wars and they worked very closely with the source material because they are bigger Star War nerds than we are. They also worked next to George Lucas throughout out the making of the Clone Wars which lasted a number of years, so I think they know the Star Wars Canon better than we do since they are writing some of the Canon and they have to work closely with the rest of the Canon now. Disney is not letting writers create anything now, they need to collaborate with each other before it is signed off.

But that is my take on it and I am going by the fact the EU is not a reliable source anymore. Rebels is Star Wars now and everything in it is Vetted Canon for now.

Oh good, I thought I was the only one who noticed this, IT MAKES NO SENSE!

I don't get the two torpedo slots on the Ghost though. You have a 4 dice primary, why in the heck would I ever bother with a torp? Unless there is a card that makes torps worth taking, but it would have to be really good.

Utility?  Ion/Flechette torps?  Extra Munitions?

That's all I got.  :/

Two words....Sabine Wren. How much you want to bet her ability allows bombs to replace torpedos. After all, we get a Cluster Mine, Conner Net and Thermal Detonators in this set.

So does the Phantom title only allow an additional attack using the Ghost's turret or can it be either? If you get to pick there would be good reason alternate TLT and DT on the Ghost/Phantom. I think I'd like TLT on the Phantom.

So my brother pointed this out...due to the wording on Zeb, it would negate the use of Intimidation by the same ship (they are not considered "touching" when the ship is shooting. Such a shame, I was hoping intimidation would be worth it, but no.

Good catch. That being said I think Intimidation still becomes extremely useful with Zeb Crew on the board. A kitted out Ghost is going to be limited on what kind of support it brings. Adding Intimidation on another ship with the sole intention of playing bumper cars is still going to create opportunities for the Ghost to get that mega shot off. Heck, just the threat of it alone is going to force some ships to run away.

Good catch! Maybe run him on someone like Leebo with Intimidation? 37 points, activates at PS5 so still a solid ace blocker.

There's also Arvel at PS 6 w/ Autothrusters and Intimidation for 25 points w/ refit. 30 for Prockets. IG's run in terror from that duo wouldn't they?

Question: What is it that allows Arvel to move first so he can block?

Against PS6 IG88's? Or are you asking something else? Arvel moves before Hera. That was the big thing I was talking about.

When do we get the season 2 Phantom card? The ship has an astromech slot now.

Please never.

Please let this go. The Phantom does not have a bleeping Asromech slot it has a top (dorsal) hatch that the Astromech was sticking out of for one scene. Hatch not a droid slot. Sing it with me... Let it go..

Let it go...

The newest episode has Chopper using the astromech slot.

Chopp%20up%20top.png

In fact, if the Phantom wants to use its Hyperdrive, it needs an Astromech in that socket.