Sign in to follow this  
Thanatopsis

The Hero Championship 2015

Actually, come to think of it, I don't think I've seen a deck with Gandalf hero in it that wasn't your standard Gandalf-Elrond-Spirfindel deck. If anyone has a Gandalf deck that's sufficiently different from that, I'd love to see it. :)

Gandalf, Damrod and Rossiel does what you want lore to do.  Draw a bunch of cards and provide outstanding support through traps, late game cancels, and access to Keen as Lances and to every side quest (except Tactics - who wants that one!).

BL: Sam Gamgee
BM: Gandalf

Sam is pretty boss, and 3 Willpower is super nice to have.

I've been having a lot of fun with Gandalf/Elrond/Spirit Merry.  It's really fun and has provided some clutch moments during our four player games.  We're about to get murdered in the combat phase, so I play an Elrond's Counsel off the top with Gandalf...to reveal a Grim Resolve beneath it, just in time for Elrond to Vilya it in the middle of our defenses to get us through combat.

BL: Sam Gamgee - It's sad to be kicking Beregond out, but as has been pointed out many times already, Sam is so flexible that he works in just about any deck. Plus, it's always exciting to activate his ability.

BM: Gandalf - Gandy for #1!

BH: Sam Gamgee - Gardener, ring-bearer, mayor, chef. So many additional traits that could be explored with Master Samwise!

I would be so keen to make a Chef deck: Second Breakfast, Cram, Lembas, Athelas, Brace of Coneys, Miruvor. Really, all we need now is a Taters! card.

--- Round 6 CLOSED ---

Round 6 voting is officially closed

The 2 heroes moving on to the final Round are:
Sam Gamgee
and
Gandalf

Sam slaughtered our stalwart defender with 73% of the vote
Gandalf defeated Théoden with 68% of the vote.

We’ve ha a lot of really close match-ups but our semi-final rounds were both blow-outs.

--- Round 6 ---

In our final round we have Sam Gamgee and Gandalf paired against each other for the 2015 champion.

New this year is a competition for a true third place finish. Beregond and Théoden will be facing off in this round.

I’ve included a voting card (see below) that should help alleviate everyone re-typing everything. Just copy, paste, and delete whichever names you are not voting for.

Visit http://challonge.com/lotrhero2015 for the bracket layout.

Voting closes at 11:59pm CST Thursday December 31. Our champion will be declared as we ring in the new year.

---------------------------------------------
BN: Sam Gamgee v Gandalf
3P: Beregond v Théoden (S)

Edited by Thanatopsis

Hm .... Thats a bit difficult

BN: Sam - I wanted to vote for Gandalf, I believe him and Glorfindel to be the best two heroes. But he is overpowered. On the other hand Sam is a great hero who can do a lot of stuff, so...

3P: Beregond - Has served me very well on many quests