Sign in to follow this  
Thanatopsis

The Hero Championship 2015

BH: Sam Gamgee

BI: Legolas

BJ: Elrond

BK: Théoden (S)

I think I'm rooting for Sam to win this time. He got better this year with all of the new Dunedain cards, and 3 WP for 8 threat is a bargain in any deck.

BH: Sam Gamgee - Frodo laughed, "You've left out one of the chief characters: Samwise the stouthearted... 'Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam, would he, dad?'"

BI: Beregond - "We have this honour: ever we bear the brunt of the chief hatred of the Dark Lord"

BJ: Gandalf - "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."

BK: Théoden (S) - "Arise, arise, Riders of Théoden! / spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered, / a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!"

Some days of this one and it already has fallen apart. :( Eomer out, Arwen out BUT there is one hope still going strong!

BH: Frodo Baggins (NONE! Come on guys, why do you like these **** hobbits?)
BI: Legolas (BOTH?! Clear BH and but Beregond in there :) But sadly I have to choose here and really really hope that Legolas takes this one again! True champion all the way!)
BJ: Elrond (Gandalf is still in here? Please guys don't to that!)
BK: Théoden (S) (Close call but I like the new Theoden more AND he is so much better then his god aweful tactic version!)

--- Round 5 CLOSED ---

Round 5 voting is officially closed

The 4 heroes moving on to Round 5 are:
Sam Gamgee
Beregond
Gandalf
Théoden (S)

What a round it was.
- Sam basically cast Frodo into Mt. Doom with 80% of the votes
- Our stalwart defender trumps our Archer in a pretty close match
- Gandalf won by a single vote!
- Théoden defeats Aragorn in another close match

--- Round 6 ---

4 heroes are reducing down to 2 (plus a third place match)

We have three spheres plus neutral represented.

Each hero fits into very different decks.

I would call it a very well-rounded final-four... despite some noted fan favorites missing.

Once again, I’ve included a voting card (see below) that should help alleviate everyone re-typing everything. Just copy, paste, and delete whichever names you are not voting for.

Visit http://challonge.com/lotrhero2015 for the bracket layout.

Voting closes at noon CST Sunday December 27.

---------------------------------------------
BL: Sam Gamgee v Beregond
BM: Gandalf v Théoden (S)

Edited by Thanatopsis

BL: Beregond - I think Beregond is pretty bad since some shadow cards just eliminate him and Sam is just bleh.  I guess I'll vote for Beregond because he is good in some scenario without those particular shadow cards and his art makes him look pretty dashing.

BM: Theoden (S) - Once again, I can't vote for Gandalf because of how restrictive he is in multi-player.  Theoden really opened up the Rohan deck so I'm happy to give him my vote.

Edited by cmabr002

BL: Sam Gamgee v Beregond:  I just use him more in decks than Sam. He's the go to hero when you need a tactics defender, barring Beorn and Boromir shenanigans. Sam's not bad by any means, good will, splashable leadership, self readying, Hobbit trait... It's just that Beregond has that sweet helmet...
BM: Gandalf v Théoden (S): Another tough choice. Theodan because he does a lot for Rohan decks. Plus his two attachments are fun to use. And he's Santa!

BL: Sam Gamgee - easiest choice of the tournament. Beregond is a fairly boring and one dimensional hero often used as a crutch.

BM: Théoden (S) - not sure why Gandalf is still here - I would certainly have voted for Elrond. Spirit Théoden really opens up the Rohan deck type, which can be quite fun.

BL: Sam Gamgee: It pains me to not vote Magali, But, I just plain love Sam.
BM: Théoden (S): 'Tis the season for deep discounts on Rohan allies. It's close for me, but I like the underdog story hear: despite the art, despite, despite going up against and Istari, this tale of redemption can indeed come true.

Wow, cool to see that we are not going to have any repeat champions this year either.

BL: Sam Gamgee -- I think he'll go all the way.  He got very far last year too... this is the year, Sam!
BM: Théoden (S) is more fun for me as he is an archetype-enabler.  Gandalf can be fun but he's fiddly to the max if you're using his toys, and removes the element of surprise out of my player deck draw.  Not always what I'm looking for, so I haven't used him all that much.  I am not sure Theoden deserves to win the championship but I'd rather see Theoden vs Sam because the little Hobbit would murder the man of Rohan!