Sign in to follow this  
Emilius

The Dread Realm available in Europe - revealed the last Hero!

Tale of Tinuviel is great man. I can't see why the designers didn't put more limitations on this or better said, created this monster. Adding 4 of all to whatever Dunedain, like Halbarad or Coragorn so they can most likely make use of both or even Idraen is awesome. Idraen provides UC for Cirdain..

Oh wait, I should have saved my 'monstertalk' for Elvish light. They could have saved us even more trouble/cardspace by letting Arwen draw you a free card anyway. ;) Great card!

That Numenorian Sword is an Artifact for a reason. Too bad the one artifact we get is so bad, ain't it Gizlivadi

Eothain, yeah! Awesome art, wauwie! Would play in Rohan deck 10/10!

The Tactics event could be great in a Boromirdeck where is is Ppppoweredd Up, other then that Gandalf is a good one with Shadowfax for mp, but outside mp or a sentinel/ranged hero 4 cost is a lot to swallow. It's valour effect is great if you choose Gandalf guy!(he probably has Splorfindel and/or Elrond too ;))

The cloak, yeah meh. 'Nerf' for Necromancer's Reach though haha. (Remember those days that was a mustcancel allmost)

The Ranger seems finally like something Dunedain was waiting for and is good at. Nice title and art also!

The healer is just great! Silvan tracker but then better, I would even say.

Arwen, offcourse, she's great and she deserves to be.

That Numenorian Sword is an Artifact for a reason. Too bad the one artifact we get is so bad, ain't it Gizlivadi

Yeah... I mean, the card in general is not bad, I could see it working pretty well in a deck that abuses Tactics Boromir so he can get stronger and bring more eagles and whatnot. But yeah, the Mono-Leadership or just Leadership heavy Gondor or Dúnedain deck will find very little use for this. As I've said countless times, the thing the deck lacks is card advantage, and certainly not attack or more resource acceleration. A shame, really, as I was expecting some big attachment that would really enable the Gondor and Dúnedain decks... Oh well, maybe for another time. 

Edit: A little correction, Gandalfdk, the sword is not an artifact, just an item and weapon.

Edited by Gizlivadi

Edit: A little correction, Gandalfdk, the sword is not an artifact, just an item and weapon.

Aah well never mind then. Then I can happily continue living and not caring about this way too conditional resource acc. I mean, +1 att, come on... But, it ain't no artifact, so I ain't caring. They better make splendid artifacts in the upcoming cycle! ;)

I like the weapon.

When I play heavy Leadership (more often than not it's mostly Gondor or Dunedain), I'm happy for any attack boost. As it stands, the Dunedain Mark were pretty good in my opinion. This weapon is an equivalent, non-unique as the Mark, with a conditional effect that is always nice to have when it triggers anyway. If it does not, it's still superior to the Dunedain Mark, as it gives you access to the Weapon trait in and allows you to Foe-hammer with Amarthiúl. Good card IMO. Excellent card in the right deck.

Edited by banania

Weather-stained cloak, Attach to a ranger character, limit 1 per character. While attached character is commited to the quest, WSC gains: Response: Exhaust WSC to cancel 1 point of damaged just dealt to attached character

So this is probably a thing I should already know, but are characters considered to be committed to the quest for the rest of the round after they commit or just for the remainder of the quest phase?  thanks!

Weather-stained cloak, Attach to a ranger character, limit 1 per character. While attached character is commited to the quest, WSC gains: Response: Exhaust WSC to cancel 1 point of damaged just dealt to attached character

So this is probably a thing I should already know, but are characters considered to be committed to the quest for the rest of the round after they commit or just for the remainder of the quest phase?  thanks!

They are considered to be committed to the quest from the moment they commit to the quest lasting through the remainder of the quest phase unless otherwise removed from the quest via a card effect.

Edited by cmabr002

Wow, Elfish Light has 'broken' written all over it! I can't even process the rest of the pack due to the insanity of this one. Draw a card AND power a discard effect for 1 spirit resource? And it doesn't even cost a card itself to play? Mithrandir's advice with 2 lore heroes is technically +1 card for 1 resource and this one also powers an ability and is repeatable? Goodby Lore then! 

Nearly all the cards on this cycle can give you a headache cause there are so many combos you can think eith them ... great pack. If i had the tale of tinuviel card, Carn dum could be much easier to handle

As amazing as the new art is it has nothing on the art in the two existing copies of Arwen and pales in comparison in my opinion. 

Amazing player cards and interesting hero.

I get that her extra resource can help Elrohir or Elladan use their ability one more time in any given turn but I don't agree that "the brothers deck is now a thing". It is already a thing (has been for a long time.....) and she adds very very little to it to be honest. Steward does a far far better job and the whole downside of the brothers ability is that you are using up resources you could otherwise save and spend on player cards, that is the entire trade off...
If you are discarding a card on various turns to give them another resource you are essentially not only using up precious resources you need for player cards but you are also discarding your precious player cards themselves! In some sort of deck that uses all 1 and 0 cost cards, features recursion a la will of the west and weaver and focuses on attachments and events with very few allies/only cheap ones I could see this potentially working decently but otherwise it just seems really average. 

I think she works way better in an Erestor and/or Cirdan discard deck, like miles better.... like incomparably better.

I feel she does very little for her brothers in reality. She is in a different sphere to both of them so to run all three would require a tri sphere deck with 29 starting threat. Her ally version is AMAZING for Elrohir (sentinel and his ability go together PERFECTLY not to mention the +1 defense) and makes him into so much more of a powerhouse defender and for any player. 

Don't get me wrong I think she is a very well designed and neat hero with a great ability but in my opinion she does next to nothing for her brothers and is not as good as her ally version for a brothers deck. 

The cloak does counter Cold From Angmar, the worst weather card in the cycle. It's admittedly scenario-specific but makes for a good sideboard card.

We got multiple scenarios in which enemies engage and attack in the questphase - cloak is perfect for this.

If you are discarding a card on various turns to give them another resource you are essentially not only using up precious resources you need for player cards but you are also discarding your precious player cards themselves! In some sort of deck that uses all 1 and 0 cost cards, features recursion a la will of the west and weaver and focuses on attachments and events with very few allies/only cheap ones I could see this potentially working decently but otherwise it just seems really average. 

Give her the Harp attachment so that you will return the discarded card on your hand  ;)