Sign in to follow this  
Emilius

The Dread Realm available in Europe - revealed the last Hero!

I really wish she had 1 defense and 8 threat so I could use her as a replacement for Glorfindel in secrecy decks with guaranteed access to Elrond's Council.  As it stands now, there is no way to get 20 starting threat with her and two non-Glorfindel heroes.

You see everything through "Secrecy glasses," my friend!

Do the degsiners want to give alternatives to the "best" spirit cards (Arwen hero, Glorfindel ally)?

I think yes-- Caleb has said that, when designing Nightmare packs, he watches video playthroughs of quests to see what strategies players are using, then designs cards to counter them.  In the same way, perhaps they like to force us into using different cards other than our staples.  But then again, if we have a hero for once-mentioned obscure characters like Dunhere, then Arwen was long overdue for a hero card herself.

I really wish she had 1 defense and 8 threat so I could use her as a replacement for Glorfindel in secrecy decks with guaranteed access to Elrond's Council.  As it stands now, there is no way to get 20 starting threat with her and two non-Glorfindel heroes.

You see everything through "Secrecy glasses," my friend!

The world is beautiful when you view it through Secrecy glasses!

Interesting, but I'm not sure who to drop in my Glorfindel, Erestor, Eowyn deck. Asfaloth + Glorfindel is just too good to drop.

Next we will have an Asfaloth hero!

Haha. Maybe there'll be a version of Glorfindel to attach to it.

Ranger

Ranged. Gets plus one attack for each enemy engaged with you.

Moment Event

Choose a hero. Until the end of the phase that hero doesn't exhaust to attack or defend.
Valour actio : choose a player, all heroes don't exhaust to attack / defend.

Silvan healer

After she enters play choose a player, heal one damage from each hero.

Ranger hood

Attach to a ranger character, limit one per character. While attached character is committed to the quest hood gains, exhaust hood to cancel one point of damage dealt to attached character.

Eothain

After you discard a Rohan ally as a result of a card effect, ready eothain.

Elf Light

Can only be played from your discard. Action : return elf light to your hand, then draw a card.

Story of inuvidia

Exhaust a noldor charatcer to ready a dunedain charatcer or vice versa. Until the end of the round add the exhausted characters willpower to the other characters willpower, attack or defense.

Edited by Ohnomycocoa

I have the Spanish, which is enough for me. I'll roughly translate the cards we have not seen before. Emilius may correct me if I messed up.

Moment of Fury, 4 cost Tactics event. Action: Choose a hero. Until the end of the phase, that hero does not exhaust to attack or defend. Valour action: Choose a player, until the end of the phase, heroes belonging to that player do not exhaust to attack or defend.

Galadhrim Healer, Response: After Galadhrim Healer enters play, choose a player and heal 1 damage from each hero controlled by that player

Weather-stained cloak, Attach to a ranger character, limit 1 per character. While attached character is commited to the quest, WSC gains: Response: Exhaust WSC to cancel 1 point of damaged just dealt to attached character.

Eothain, After a Rohan ally leaves play by a player card effect from a player card effect, ready Eothain.

Sword of Numenor, Attach to a Dunedain or Gondor hero. Restricted. Attached hero gains +1 attack. Response: after attached hero participates in an attack that destroys an enemy with 5 or more printed hit points, exhaust Sword of Numenor to add 1 resource to attached hero's pool.

Elvish Light, You can only play it from your discard pile. Action: put Elvish Light in your hand from your discard, then draw 1 card.

Tale of Tinuviel, Action: exhaust a Noldor character to ready a Dunedain character, or viceversa. Until the end of the phase, add the exhausted character's willpower to the other character's willpower, attack or defence.

Edited by Gizlivadi

I speak a read well Italian. Can do some translation. Edit : Gizlivadi translation is good ;)

Just a small change for Eothain and Tale of Tinuviel

Eothain : After a Rohan ally leaves play by a player card effect, ready Eothain.

Tale of Tinuviel, Action: exhaust a Noldor character to ready a Dunedain character, or viceversa. Until the end of the phase, add the exhausted character's willpower to the other character's willpower, attack and defence.

Tale of Tinuviel is just insane :wacko:

https://translate.google.com/#en/it/and

I confirm it is AND. For instance exhaust Cirdan to ready a dunedain character and give him +4 willpower +4 attack AND +4 defence until the end of the phase.  :o

So powerful !

Edited by Valiko33

Guessing:

Sword: After the attached hero has participated in an attack that destroyed an enemy with 5 or more hit points printed, exaust Sword of Numenor to add 1 resource to attached hero's resource pool

Elvish Light: Play only if it is your discard pile. Action: Return Elvish Light from your discard pile to your hand. Then, draw 1 card.

Wow so Elvish Light can turn Arwen's ability into an extra card every turn. Pretty cool.

Thanks everyone! My All in the Family deck is coming together. Weather Stained Cloak only applies during the quest phase? Odd.

Some great art in this pack.

Well otherwise it would just be a freebie Raven Winged Helm wouldn't it?

I like many of these cards. Elvish Light is probably my favorite apart from Arwen herself, and I think Eothain will work great in the Leadership-Spirit iteration of the Rohan deck. The Tactics event could be pretty awesome, but it was clearly designed with multiplayer in mind. Tale of Tinuviel is not gamebreaking, but could be a miracle card in the right moment. Leadership attachment, as I said, is quite disappointing. A minor attack buff and conditional resource acceleration? Yeah, neither Gondor nor Dúnedain need this at all. I will probably just run 1 copy, if I run it at all. 

Remember Sword Thain is the neutral. I can finally build a top tier mono blue Rohan deck:

Theoden, Galadriel, Eowyn

Put Sword Thain on Gamling.

Allies are cheap, Eowyn is a 5 quester discarding Elvish Light even turn. With Elvish Light and Galadriel card draw is not a problem. Gamling fetches back discarded allies then readies with UC or Eomund to use his 3 attack.

I'm starting to salivate.

Great Scott!

The spirit cards in this pack are nothing but crazy powerful.

Like Duke said: Elvish light is bonkers.

Extra card each turn? You got it. It will only cost you a resource.

But hang on, new Arwen here let's you discard a card to add a resource.

Wait what? Yes, that means a free card every turn.

As far as I can see at least.

(edit: ah seastan figured it out too I see)

And Tale of Tinuviel is simply silly so strong. 

Edited by Noccus