Sign in to follow this  
Emilius

The Dread Realm available in Europe - revealed the last Hero!

I believe gandalfDK got it right.

Discard a card from your hand to add 1 resource to a Noldor Hero or Aragorn. Limit 1 per round.

And yes, that art. :)

Edited by Mazarbul

Great universal to use hero card!

Stats and ability are super, specially for spirit.

Even better with the new noldor discard deck mechanic.

But will she beat her own ally version?

And dat art! Is Awren Jessica Alba?

Edited by Noccus

It's nice that the Hero and Ally versions are so different. Arwen hero will work great with her brothers. And of course also in any deck using the discard tactics (Noldor, Caldara). I guess Arwen can add that resource to herself?

Edited by Mazarbul

It's nice that the Hero and Ally versions are so different. Arwen hero will work great with her brothers. And of course also in any deck using the discard tactics (Noldor, Caldara). I guess Arwen can add that resource to herself?

I do not know the precise wording, but if there is nothing stating specificly that she can't, she falls under the category of a Noldor hero.

A little sphere-bleedy, but other than that I like her a lot. I kinda feel for Theodred who's resource generation is just not up to par with heroes like Mablung or Arwen. She certainly works with the twins! I used Galadriel with the twins but found the inability to play Steward or quest for a reasonable amount in turn 1 quite deadly in solo play. Arwen would certainly speed things up and rely less on a good card draw.

She can give resources to herself too right? I like that she can also work well with Caldara, discarding high power allies for resources to play for Fortune or Fate. Obviously she works well with Erestor as well.

Even without any combo's she's a really solid her with 3 willpower and resource generation. Solid hero all-round!

(Is it just me or does it look like she just stepped out of the shower? Her hair looks kinda wet and she's wearing some kind of bathrobe thingy.)

Yes I can't see anything that states "...to another Hero...".

I also like the fact that she don't have to exhaust to give that resource, being able to trigger it during any actionwindow is nice. :)

(Is it just me or does it look like she just stepped out of the shower? Her hair looks kinda wet and she's wearing some kind of bathrobe thingy.)

I think she just got out of bed and is now looking for any sign of her lover Kili to appear at the horizon, back from his adventures. :)

Erhm...I meant Aragorn! Aragorn!

Edited by Mazarbul

@Emilius:

Would you be so kind to spoil the rest of the player cards too?

I also want to see the rest.

Like Arwen, but sadly she has a very good ally version too...

Do the degsiners want to give alternatives to the "best" spirit cards (Arwen hero, Glorfindel ally)?

I really wish she had 1 defense and 8 threat so I could use her as a replacement for Glorfindel in secrecy decks with guaranteed access to Elrond's Council.  As it stands now, there is no way to get 20 starting threat with her and two non-Glorfindel heroes.

Great hero - this is exactly what the Noldor archetype needed. Love the art too. Three willpower is great too, and the 2 defense can perhaps be used with Light of Valinor.

I really wish she had 1 defense and 8 threat so I could use her as a replacement for Glorfindel in secrecy decks with guaranteed access to Elrond's Council.  As it stands now, there is no way to get 20 starting threat with her and two non-Glorfindel heroes.

True, but an Arwen / Spirit Merry / Lore Pippin starts at 21, and if you draw one of 3 Elrond's Councils (or 3 Greetings thanks to Arwen's resource) or 3 Handmaidens, or 3 Wandering Tooks (in multiplayer) you can start in secrecy.