Sign in to follow this  
Epixca

Starviper Squad

I think you are missing the point to MY build, look at this link. I got the idea from this build. The damage is passed on to the Kihraxz.

http://www.xwingminiaturesgame.com/squad-list-rebels/store-championships-scum-allowed/

That's an interesting list:

Prince Xizor, (31)

Predator (3)

Virago Title (1)

Advanced Sensors (3)

Inertial Dampeners (1)

Autothrusters (2)

Guri, (30)

Predator (3)

Autothrusters (2)

Serissu,  (20)

Swarm Tactics (2)

This list is all about PS, out flying your opponent, and hitting hard.  Xizor is being used for his PS, and nothing else here.  Serissu gets Guri up to PS 8 and helps keep the two Starvipers in the fight with defensive re-rolls.  In this case, Serissu is the better choice for a third ship than a low PS Kihraxz.

Edited by Stone37

Xizor wants CANNON FODDER

another starviper is EXPENSIVE

???

Either you Xizor or you don't.

If you do, to hell with second starviper.

And I agree with this approach.  It's really the only way that Xizor's ability gets used to its fullest.  

Still, there is something I like about that crazy list that I think could be toyed with.  As the Xizor, Guri, Serissu list does not take advantage of Xizor's ability, I do like its durability thanks to AT, Serissu, and high PS.

Perhaps some of these elements could be used in another way:

I personally like the idea of Xizor and 2xTrandoshian Slaver.  There is still room for upgrades and that gives Xizor lots of room to pass of damage AND those two Slavers can put out the hurt.

I don't think results from March when scum was new is the greatest example of 2 Starvipers being viable.

Having said that, play what you want and have fun. 2 Starviper would be fun, but maybe wouldn't win a lot.

It doesn't really matter what the date was. Point is, it was used before, so it can still be used now. I know meta changes.

It actually does matter because in this case Scum had literally just been released and a lot of people hadn't figured out how a lot of things worked yet. You have to take it with a certain grain of salt. More importantly this was pre-TLT not to mention all of the other ships that have been released since then. Those things really do matter.

Please don't get the wrong impression, I'm not trying to dissuade you from using Star Vipers because I LOVE the two I own. I love how they look, how they fly, how they attack and how they defend. They are also over costed especially when you need to add Autothrusters. And don't get me started on the Virago title debacle.

People are telling you to have fun instead of telling you that your list is going to be competitive because they have experience with them and are trying to be realistic. That being said we have no idea what you will face so you never know, it could work out for you. And you could be an extremely skilled player and be able to win with what many would view as an inferior list.

It seems you really have your heart set on using Xizor, Guri and a Khiraxz. Are you asking for advice strictly on how to kit them out and what Khiraxz to use or are you willing to consider other advice on what ships to use? If so what absolutely has to be included?

I think people are going to be more than willing to try and help but they are also trying to be realistic about the outcome. Is your goal to win the tournament or to just have fun?

Once again, I've been having a lot of success with:

Prince Xizor

-VI

-Virago

-FCS

-Inertial Dampners

-Autothrusters

Syndicate Thug

-TLT

-Unhinged Astro (x2)

-Binyare Pirate

Lots of tough little ships to pawn damage off too. I'd like to try Xizor with PtL or Predator, but with him being as manueverable as he is, I really like him at PS 9. And the only thing I could see cutting is Dampeners or Unhinged on the Y's... But I'll never really cut Unhinged because it makes the Y's so much fun to fly.

Edited by Wilsonia

Thanks, that is what I needed to hear. I won another game last night, but I can't figure out one thing.

-Xizor

Virago

Predator

Glitterstim

Advanced Sensors

Autothrusters

-Guri

Predator/PTL

Autothrusters

-Cartel Marauder

Hotshot Blaster

I can't figure out what I want to use INSTEAD of Hotshot, I would do Glitterstim, but I only have 1. It is 3 points, any advice? Also I would love to hear an IG-88 + 2 Viper build idea!

IGs want to come in pairs. Single one is like 4 or 5 points less efficient than he could have been.

naked IG is a failure and completely inadequate ship.

Either you go full-IG or you don't touch TEH CRAB. Because it reaches the required power-level at 45+ points.

there's no room for starvipers. especially with Xizor fetish xD

Edited by Warpman

Have you tried out a blacksun ace with glittercrack? It's a horrible little ship for 26pts, and once it's fired the 'ordnance' (I mean banged its drugs :) ) xizor could vamp off of it a bit. Would mean droppins some points off of the prince though - 3 to be precise.

You could give guri lone wolf instead, and drop xizor's glitter. The big advantage is it would give your list a big 3rd gun, one that scares even arc dodgers: take a tl, and watch your opponent freak out. Also give you some nice alpha strike to burn down a tlt y-wing before they get started. It would mean flying guri as your flanker, and keeping distance, but that should be doable in a three ship list, with lateral movement...

Edited by banjobenito

Personally; I think Xizor is a bit of a lame duck in this type of list. The list you keep referencing is based on using Serrisu for defensive re-rolls and to chain PS to Guri. As opposed to using Xizors ability; the points are spent just for that higher PS specifically in that list.

That said; my take on Guri, Xizor and a Kirahhchxgjl would be:

Xizor

Predator

autothrusters

FCS

Virago

Guri

Predator

autothrusters

Black Sun Ace

Crack shot

Glitterstim

Xizor will have a huge target painted on him but with Guri at only 4 points less; it may force some tough decisions. The Black Sun Ace has 1 job and 1 job only. Get in there, throw lots of dice, then block.

I think this is about the best use of 2 Vipers I can think of right now...

Torkhil Mux

Blaster turret

Rec Spec

Moldy Crow

Black Sun Vigo 

Autothrusters

x2

Binayre Pirate

Block with Banana man and use Mux to ensure both your vipers get to shoot first. Keep the vipers close by to the HWK and make the opponent come to you for that fight.

Kath+Predator+ID+OT  (I very Kath's build)

I have no idea what the ID and OT are.

Thanks, that is what I needed to hear. I won another game last night, but I can't figure out one thing.

-Xizor

Virago

Predator

Glitterstim

Advanced Sensors

Autothrusters

-Guri

Predator/PTL

Autothrusters

-Cartel Marauder

Hotshot Blaster

I can't figure out what I want to use INSTEAD of Hotshot, I would do Glitterstim, but I only have 1. It is 3 points, any advice? Also I would love to hear an IG-88 + 2 Viper build idea!

I really don't like PTL on Guri.  There aren't enough green moves on the Starviper without making it a little too predictable. 

Have you enjoyed the Advanced Sensors on Xizor?  I REALLY recommend Sensor Jammer or FCS.  I know you don't own them, but maybe proxy it?  Or borrow it?  Just try it as they will most likely be very good options.  I love FCS. 

I also think VI for Xizor is the way to go, especially with FCS.  You need the PS 9 when fighting aces. 

I have found Flechette Torpedo to be excellent on Xizor.  You can stress out an enemy ship at just the right moment to win the game with it.  It's especially effective on BroBots on the round where they bait you.  Soontir doesn't like it, either.  Makes him easier to predict. 

IGs want to come in pairs. Single one is like 4 or 5 points less efficient than he could have been.

naked IG is a failure and completely inadequate ship.

Either you go full-IG or you don't touch TEH CRAB. Because it reaches the required power-level at 45+ points.

there's no room for starvipers. especially with Xizor fetish xD

Once again I disagree with you.  Many people have done very well with just one IG-88.  To say that there is no place for one is misguided.

I don't know anyone that has tried an IG-88 list with Xizor.  Until someone does, I don't think anyone can say it won't work.  Just because no one has tried it doesn't mean it isn't good.  I'll also say that a PS 9 Xizor with no wingman left is still a force to be reckoned with.  Yes, you don't get to use his damage pass off with the type of list he wants to bring, but that doesn't mean a PS 9 Starviper with no special ability is bad. 

Thanks guys, the reason why I have been staying away from Predator, is because when he is done feeding damage on the Kihraxz, he needs to be really good. I mean, I just spent the whole game defending him. Also, I would like to add this. Last night I played my Dad again. I DESTROYED HIM. He was using Corran and Dash, and I was using the build above, (with Predator on Guri.) He couldn't hit ANY of my ships, he did 1 damage to Xizor and the Kihraxz, he did kill Guri though. :/ He told me he hated Autothrusters, and he had no idea what I was talking about when I was shouting this, every time I evaded with Autothrusters,

"THEY WERE RIGHT!!! ALL OF THEM!!!" "WHERE WAS MY LIFE WITHOUT AUTOTHRUSTERS!?" That was me . . . Not using Xizor on the Dual Viper + IGGy list, does anyone have any ideas?

Ok, here is my new build, taking most of your advice.

-Xizor

Virago

Autothrusters

VI

Inertial Dampners

Advanced Sensors

-Guri

Predator

Autothrusters

-Black Sun Ace

Crackshot

Glitterstim

My other build I just made. The point of the build is to use high PS pilots, and Guri. Guri goes around and flanks, while they are distracted with the 2 PS 9 pilots.

-Talonbane Cobra

Glitterstim

-Xizor

VI

Autothrusters

Inertial Dampners

Virago

-Guri

Lone Wolf

Autothrusters

Any thoughts?

Christmas isn't too far away, and both the Phantom and the B-Wing are on my list of things I would like. So I hope it comes true. :D Which of my two builds did you like more?

Christmas isn't too far away, and both the Phantom and the B-Wing are on my list of things I would like. So I hope it comes true. :D Which of my two builds did you like more?

My build?   :)

Part of what you want with Xizor is the VI to go at PS 9, but you also need the FCS to make his offensive skills better.  So...anything that doesn't have that falls short. 

If I had to pick?   The second. 

-Xizor

Virago

Predator

Glitterstim

Advanced Sensors

Autothrusters

-Guri

Predator

Autothrusters

-Cartel Marauder

Hotshot Blaster

This is the last build I thought of.

I've mostly used Xizor w/ Z-95 swarm, so I haven't really tried him flying like he could.  Still, there are times when Xizor is alone.  I say that S-loops, and all the 1 moves are what you need.  S-loop used instead of K-turn.  1 sharp turn is golden for a lot of instances, especially combined with a Barrel Roll.  The other 1 moves are good to position into a good spot.  At least that's how I flew them.

I do think the S-loop is what you are looking for instead of K-turn.  One of the things that's great about FCS is that you can then use the TL after you turn around.

Your latest list....

I would think Glitterstim would only want to be used if you mess up and end up in your opponent's sights.  Either that or when you end up behind and with no actions for an awesome shot.  I don't like the stress.  I also still like VI Xizor.

Won't your Dad allow proxied cards?

Edited by heychadwick

Also I would love to hear an IG-88 + 2 Viper build idea!

I haven't had too much success with only a single IG-88.  I have run 2 IG-88s with a Z-wing though!

My favorite (and very successful) double Starviper build is:

Kath+Predator+OT+ID (Upgrades can very as there is plenty of points to play with)

2xBlack Sun Enforcer+AT

Kath+Predator+ID+OT  (I very Kath's build)

I have no idea what the ID and OT are.

Inertial Dampeners and Outlaw Tech   ;)   

I wish I could do VI Xizor, but I don't have any offense things to put with it.

I have printed off pictures of cards that I wanted to proxy before.  Won't whomever you are playing allow that in a friendly game?  All the local guys in my area don't mind it as they understand not being able to buy everything right away.  It's especially good if you want to see if you actually want to buy it. 

I'd even allow a little piece of cardboard with FCS scribbled on it.

Another one of my builds:

-Xizor

Virago

Predator

Inertial Dampners

Advanced Sensors

Autothrusters

Flechete Torpedoes

-Guri

Predator

Autothrusters

-Cartel Marauder