Sign in to follow this  
Epixca

Cannon W/ YT-2400

I'd say go mangler, because with HLC, you can't attack close range, and with flechette cannons, you won't be making the most of your attack, with a maximum of one hit per roll. Same thing with ion cannons.

Edited by Spacenin

If you have another ship(s) that can attack at range 1 and can do it well, then go HLC, and snipe 4 attack die rolls far from enemy ships, while your other friendlys go in for range 1 powerful hits, such as a b-wing or millennium falcon. (if this is all wrong or poor strategy then it is because I am an imperial only player)

Your typical engine upgrade PtL Dash typically has zero problem staying at range 2+ of things. HLC all the way. With TL and Focus, 93% chance of 4 hits I believe.

Yep, this is the build, unfortunately. It's such a beast and regularly zaps ties with one-shots, while suffering very little in the way of return fire. A swarm's worst nightmare...

This is my obligatory post where I point out that Autoblaster on Dash is surprisingly effective, especially in this meta full of high Agilities and Autothrusters and Palpatines. Combine it with VI and Navigator and it becomes very difficult for opponents to stay away from Dash when he wants to snuggle up close to them.