Sign in to follow this  
IG88E

Highest PS not euqual best pilot ability: better diversity of pilots in the meta?

I can't try the Merc Y-wing named pilots

the Y-wing is a boostless hunko'junk

Vrill's ability explicitly takes care of its 2-dice primary, hence why it's powerful. Problem is he can't enable it himself, hence why it's situational.

Cobra's ability works on his own primaries (yay 5 dice range 1)

VI Unhinged Engineupgraded TLT Kavil that let Soontir get the initiative WOOP WOOP WOOPed around and made the filthy dodger taste his own medicine.

Vrill's ability lets him "feel himself a true fat turret with 3 dice" from time to time.

But good pilots have 3 in-built+ability. 

Yeah, you just mentioned some Prockets... cobra doesn't need rockets, cobra needs PTL+Engine+Glitterstim and a wingman.

If the enemy gets the initiative, you can tear him up brutally.

Try Unhinged Astromech, don't need no boost, with all those green 3s.

I was responding sarcastically to warpman's bit about x-wings

but, to be precise, green 3s don't have **** on boost

the idea that unhinged TLTs are somehow super maneuverable because they can 3-turn is incredibly exaggerated. It's solid; not particularly impressive (which is fine at 1 point)

I'd take the reliability of r4s every **** time

Edited by ficklegreendice

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v3!s!126:135,38,112:-1:-1:;125:57,37,-1,-1:3:-1:;101:57,-1:16:15:U.44,U.-1

People hate me for running this list...being unconventional can be a huge advantage (you should try it some day ;) )!

I did a similar list for last regionals. Instead of Guri, I used IG-88B. Won half my battles, but got a lot of credit for being unique.

I always find it fun to know the general skill of forum goes by what they complain about the most. Anyone that says guri/echo aren't worth it because of their PS... Well lets just say, one day you might play with the big boys. But not any time soon.

the idea that unhinged TLTs are somehow super maneuverable because they can 3-turn is incredibly exaggerated. It's solid; not particularly impressive (which is fine at 1 point)

I completely agree. I rarely run 4 with TLT, but I often do 2 with R4 and a large base or a couple aces. Unhinged makes them fast, but no more maneuverable than a T-65. The reliability of R4 is too good to pass up. I think I got spoiled running 4 Ion Hogs with it for months. Even running 4 TLTs I'd rather have 2 R4s than 4 Unhinged.

I completely agree. I rarely run 4 with TLT, but I often do 2 with R4 and a large base or a couple aces. Unhinged makes them fast, but no more maneuverable than a T-65. The reliability of R4 is too good to pass up. I think I got spoiled running 4 Ion Hogs with it for months. Even running 4 TLTs I'd rather have 2 R4s than 4 Unhinged.

THE main buff from the Unhinged is that you can fearlessly K-turn. And then you have a ton of ways to go from there, forcing the opponent to guess.

Guri mercilessly RAPЕS, guts and throws remains of Anything with PS4 and lower out of the airlock.

Against higher level pilots she's an overcosted eye candy

And that is where you are wrong. She becomes an overcosted blocker that gets hypermodified dice and contrary to popular belief you can get the arcdodgers of today into your own arcs, unless we are talking about K-Wings that went fast and won't shoot back. It sure puts a lot of pressure on you, but saying it is impossible gets you nowhere.