Sign in to follow this  
EbongHawk

Silence broken! New post at last.

Goddamnit, this article is all the Gozanti stuff I DON'T care about!

I want to know about the new TIE Fighter stuff, not the Assault Carrier!

Odd that the Docking Clamps don't work with the only other ship that has been shown using them, the TIE Adv. Prototype.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

I also got very excited about a super command and control ship that could fire an XX-23 S-Thread missile every turn, and pass out TLs like no one's business. 

Then I saw that said missile requires a focus token to fire. Which Epic ships are specifically forbidden from having. So.

Once more: I'm posting an unworkable idea as a community service. Gotta break some builds before we can make some builds. 

I also got very excited about a super command and control ship that could fire an XX-23 S-Thread missile every turn, and pass out TLs like no one's business. 

Then I saw that said missile requires a focus token to fire. Which Epic ships are specifically forbidden from having. So.

Once more: I'm posting an unworkable idea as a community service. Gotta break some builds before we can make some builds. 

do Epic ships share combat phase with non epic ships, say a PS4 pilot and a Raider can shoot before and or after one another? if thats the case you can have one section fire missiles (torps) use TL's then have another ps4 fire XX-23's and allow the Raider to re-acquire two TL's with that and weapons engineers

optimized-generators.png

Wait... So do I gain two total or three? (Assign one, gain two - or - assign one, get an extra?)

Energy is a 2 stage process.  You generate it and put it on to a ship card, then you assign it by taking it off the ship card and putting it on an upgrade card.  So basically, when you take 1 off the ship and put it on an upgrade, you get 2 back on the ship.

do Epic ships share combat phase with non epic ships, say a PS4 pilot and a Raider can shoot before and or after one another? if thats the case you can have one section fire missiles (torps) use TL's then have another ps4 fire XX-23's and allow the Raider to re-acquire two TL's with that and weapons engineers

The fore and aft sections activate together as the two cards make a single ship. You don't have to take all of your fore shots before you can take your aft shots (or vice versa).

They share the combat phase, but the whole ship is considered one ship when firing. You would need to fire all of your weapons and complete your activation, then your PS4 pilot could fire its tracers and give the Raider a fresh set of target locks.

And question for folks on this Twin Laser Turret: am I correct in assuming that it would basically be able to fire from either the fore or aft sections of the ship? It only has one ship card, so I'd think aft would be fine for LOS.

That Ordnance Tubes card is nice, real nice. Unlimited torpedoes and missiles!

Interesting (and a bit disappointing, for those of us who don't own 12 of everything) that Docking Clamps limits you to all the same type of ship. That means I can run a full complement of only TIE Fighters ... I'd have to buy another Interceptor, another Advanced or three more Bombers to carry a full load of anything else.

It's just too bad this isn't a casual game and everyone plays in epic tournaments and everyone has to follow the full rules to the letter all the time.

optimized-generators.png

Wait... So do I gain two total or three? (Assign one, gain two - or - assign one, get an extra?)

Energy is a 2 stage process.  You generate it and put it on to a ship card, then you assign it by taking it off the ship card and putting it on an upgrade card.  So basically, when you take 1 off the ship and put it on an upgrade, you get 2 back on the ship.

Yeah it just means spend one but get two free. It is a two free energy card.

:)

I am wondering if the wording on Optimized Generators is working with the upgrades it is supposed to work with according to the article.

"If you're running a Gozanti with an Ionization Reactor , Shield Projector , or Slicer Tools , the Optimized Generators modification will help you fuel them more often."

The card speaks of when assigning energy to an upgrade card, so as far as I know that works with the hardpoints and cards like Ionization Reactor, but no with cards like shield projector and slicer tools... am I missing something here?

The card speaks of when assigning energy to an upgrade card, so as far as I know that works with the hardpoints and cards like Ionization Reactor, but no with cards like shield projector and slicer tools... am I missing something here?

The card doesn't trigger when you use slicer tools or shield projector, but when you power up ionization reactor (for example) it gives you extra energy that can be used with slicer tools or shield projector.

Cr90 and esege. If esege can work for proton rockets it'll work for tracers.

Cr90 and esege. If esege can work for proton rockets it'll work for tracers.

Esege's text specifically says to treat her focus tokens like your own. That means if she has them, you have them for the purpose of firing ordinance. - Just a clarification -

Thank goodness for house rules.

Should just be "can only carry TIEs." That provides some future-proofing for new ships.

Notice how the ties chosen, almost "look" like they can be upright? aside from the guns on the ties - but phantoms / defenders would be upside down?

Maybe the F/O - TAP weren't on the drawing board at the time?

Thank goodness for house rules.

Should just be "can only carry TIEs." That provides some future-proofing for new ships.

Notice how the ties chosen, almost "look" like they can be upright? aside from the guns on the ties - but phantoms / defenders would be upside down?

Maybe the F/O - TAP weren't on the drawing board at the time?

Thankfully the /fo is actually the TIE/fo Fighter, so barring errata the TFA-rulebook version of restriction text should allow them.

Unless you're a rebel corvette and have Esege Tuketu sitting nearby...

Unless you're a rebel corvette and have Esege Tuketu sitting nearby...

That build is known as TL Oprah.

That Ordnance Tubes card is nice, real nice. Unlimited torpedoes and missiles!

Interesting (and a bit disappointing, for those of us who don't own 12 of everything) that Docking Clamps limits you to all the same type of ship. That means I can run a full complement of only TIE Fighters ... I'd have to buy another Interceptor, another Advanced or three more Bombers to carry a full load of anything else.

It's just too bad this isn't a casual game and everyone plays in epic tournaments and everyone has to follow the full rules to the letter all the time.

yeah, real shame....