Sign in to follow this  
Congzilla

Book Binding

I was looking to buy Dark Heresy today but every book in two stores seemed to have serious binding issues. The spine wasn't connected to the cardboard cover at all and the first few section of the front and back of each book were so loose they felt like they were about to just fall out. Is this a common problem or maybe just an issue with a certain batch?

Well, I've had my copy since the game was first released, and I've not had a single problem. That'll be from people pulling the books open to flick through them all the time, they don't respect store copies like their own.

My Black Industries copy of the core book is beginning to get a little weak, I think, but that's from use several days a week for a period of several months.

I will be "encouraging" my players to all buy their own copies of Rogue Trader, let me tell you...

from france

i already made a topics about this. my creatures anathema book has fallen appart alomst since my firt opening of it. the bookstore didn't expose ma exemplary beacause it was reserved for me. i treat my book well. but the glues don't hold the pages. i d'on't know if there is a quality control but if it does it fails here.

for the price of a hard cover you can expeted better...

I found the same issues with every single Dark Heresy book I have found so far in five stores.  I am a perfectionist so maybe my standards are a bit high, but I haven't see that wide spead of an issue with any of the Catalyst Game Labs, Piazo, or WotC books, so I am guessing it comes down to the printer.  That said, I did buy the least messed up of all the books I looked at, but for $60 I would expect a higher quality.

Fideru said:

Uhm, I don't know about you guys, but my books have been fine. Maybe a lemon?

I have a total of 3 corebooks.  2 BI and 1 FFG.  The first BI copy I bought has a loose spine, but it was the last one that my FLGS had in stock, so I grabbed it up.  Took a friend to another shop that mostly focuses on Minis and found another copy in better condition and grabbed that one too.  Figured the damaged copy could be my "loaner" and the one in perfect condition for my own.  No additional injuries have thus far been inflicted on either copies binding.

My FFG copy is also still pretty prisitine, binding and spine are fine.

-=Brother Praetus=-

I've returned 4 copies of DH (FFG printings all) I ordered though Amazon beacuse of the binding issue. After the 4th I just sent it back for the refund and went out and tracked down a copy in a store. I found a nice pristine BI copy and picked it up.

My copy of Creatures Anathema fell apart pretty quickly, the glue holding the pages together failed. It's still usable, i'm just very careful. One of my players is also a DH GM and bought his own copy of the book. That one fell apart as well.

I'd say there is a widespread binding problem with the CA print run based on this and anecdotal evidence.

My two copies of the BI rulebook are still built like the Rock of Gibraltar, they look like they can go on and on and on....

All other DH FFG books seem to O.K., i'm keeping an  eye on the IH, it looks like it may be going.

I'm keeping a VERY close eye on Rogue Trader. Considering how much it cost i'd be very disappointed if it fell apart.