Sign in to follow this  
surly88

How to properly fly Super Dash?

HLC > mangler every day

not only does it make Dash much for fun to fly, it's the only way you're beating other 2-ship builds or punching through super aces

You're not beating Fat han or Cheri with a piddly 3-dice attack, and you're praying for good luck against the likes of soontir/whisper

the HLC doughnut-hole is a weakness that can be overcome with good flying, straight inefficiency at dice-exchanges cannot

How about this. Run Dash + Corran. Mix it up with some of these cards.

Outrider, Mangler, Predator, R2, Lone Wolf, EU, PTL.

Just kind of mix and match with those, throw in a few others, and BOOM.

My Ten Numb wing-mate made me Ace-Proof and Han and Decimators melt just fine. Like I said, unless you are a rock star with actually landing 4 hits with HLC it doesn't pay off.

Most people say the same thing you did. HLC is better automatically, but I am just throwing it out there as to my experiences with Mangler instead. Besides everything I pointed out, I have won so many games due to dealing crits, where the extra damage that "might" have happened would not have won me the game.

I have been using the build for a while now and it's fairly proven. The biggest difference is that you NEED to use your good flying to get out of range one with HLC, while I can use my good flying to hug non turreted ships, TLT non KWings, and Donut Hole Dash in a Dash Mirror.

I wish my MOV would have been stronger so I could have made Top 16...then Grumpy Dash could have been up there in lights! :)

I guess if you're running Ten Numb then you can afford to run Mangler on Dash. But for most Dash setups, Mangler isn't enough to bust through a SD/AT Soontir with tokens.

You need Soontir to roll 4 blanks to deal any damage when he's turtling.