Sign in to follow this  
RubyBlue

Stat Increases from Assets

So I picked up the game a couple of days ago and tried it out by myself last night (I won too, gotta love Lola), but there's something in the game I'm unsure of and couldn't find verification one way or the other in the rule book, the reference guide or after a look over these forums.  My question is this; when I get a stat bonus from an asset (for example, in my solo run last night I had the Private Investigator and Occult Scholar, who gave +1 to Observation and Lore respectively) do I put a +1 token on the stat on my investigator card or do I just remember it from the card in my posession, and do these increases interact with investigators abilities (IE being moved by Lola's ability or triggering Lily's passive effect).  I didn't use Lola's ability last night, so it didn't affect my game, and I would like to know.  Thanks for reading

It is best to regard increases from assets as bonus stats and you can only have one apply at a time the reason being some can only be used if certain conditions are met eg during a combat, when stats are increased and a token is used this can be used in every test.

when I get a stat bonus from an asset (for example, in my solo run last night I had the Private Investigator and Occult Scholar, who gave +1 to Observation and Lore respectively) do I put a +1 token on the stat on my investigator card

No. You only use the improvement tokens, when an effect tells you to improve a given skill.

do I just remember it from the card in my posession

The cards are there so you don't have to remember. You can check the bonus anytime.

The improvement tokens are also there so you don't have to remember (about different thing).

do these increases interact with investigators abilities (IE being moved by Lola's ability or triggering Lily's passive effect)

No. This two abilities only interact with improvement tokens.

Heads up for future:

You may notice that if you would use "the +1 token to mark bonus from asset", then you would have two elements (the card and the token) that would remind you about the same bonus.

I don't know any game doing that, yet.

Because if you would have such redundant reminders, you could easily mix up and count that bonus twice.

Even the good old Talisman (1983) stated clearly that you don't mark the bonuses from friends and objects with a token.

Edited by tsuma534