Sign in to follow this  
GrandSpleen

Flight of the Stormcaller AP preview article and card spoilers

Wowwy! Some of the most interesting cards I have seen in this game. The new trend seems to be cards that have effects that need outofsphere resources to trigger. Dwarven Sellsword is really good ally to do some things in a pince.

Glorfindel ally is great if you can play him from the discard pile with Caldara. But also it doesn't matter that he gets discarded. Effect is great.

Unique Hobbiy ally and Shirrif! Awesome. Effect mwha.

Inspiring Presence is great in a Hobbit deck with Treebeard or Sam. Especially Sam. Merry and Pippin powerrrr up!

That spoiled art from Glorfindel is some event at least! ;)

Eldahir is cool! One of that dualsphere cards that buff dualsphere haha, nice!

Tides of Fate is a rescue card and I don't really like to play that way. A bit too tricksy. But powerfull if you can pull it off.

Excited for this cycle man!!

Yeah... this is gonna be amazing. I suspect so many dual or tri-sphere archetypes, be it Silvan, Noldor, Rohan, Hobbits, and a long etc, will be greatly boosted and be fixed of their weaknesses. Finally cards that work with 2 spheres! This will be just so great. Kind of a bummer that they pretty much spoiled the whole cycle, but I'm anxious to fight a huge sea monster.

Just too much traffic it seems. Not at all surprising, this is one amazing spoiler article. Also, that Dwarven Sellsword will be nuts in the Thorin's Company deck. Turn 1 Record Keeper and Sellsword for just 2 resources, and you already have the 5 dwarves to get more of Thorin's resources and keep the Sellsword around. Great stuff, can't be more excited for this.

The dual sphere stuff is interesting, but making the second sphere resources able to come from any player is brilliant.  One of my main complaints about most cooperative games is that you're basically playing solo at the same time, with very little opportunity to help each other.  LOTR has always been an exception to that, and this just ramps that up even more.  The potential for multi-deck synergy is going to open up a LOT of interesting paths.

I love the new Glorfindel ally. Since I still mostly play solo or 2 player, I don't care as much for playing him. He's also made me reconsider the hero lineup in my ideal Noldor deck, as I originally had Glorfondel in it, along with Cirdan and Erestor, but probably I'll just add Elrond. But man, Glorfindel ally is great in that deck, he feels almost the same as his hero version, just add Swordthain. In a Caldara deck he'll work great as well, fueling your discard pile as well as being one of the best allies to play with her ability.

Inspiring Presence is also really good on Theoden (Sp) because it's in-sphere and Theoden has a very high threat cost.   Cant wait to see the rest of these half-spoiled cards, like Arrows from the Trees which looks great (visually).  

Glorfindel is really good if you can pay for him.  When I play spirit and I think about how many times I have 5 resources,  forget it   =p.  Might be a problem with Inspiring Presence too.   But Caldara maybe, and there's always Steward if you're splashing Ld.  

Most of the art on these cards is really, really impressive.   Great looking pack!

I guess you could just throw him on some Ranger Spikes without killing him...?

Yeah, imagine him boarding your ship with that malicious grin changing into confusion as he sets foot on your deck without looking and gets trapped by the ranger spikes lying on it :D And after the quest ends, heroes surround him and start asking: "You seem like such a nice guy, why are you doing this? There are plenty of other ways to earn the coin..." :D

What's a shiriff, by the way? I thought the word was sheriff. Or they changed it because a shiriff is a sheriff of the Shire?

Dwarf Sellsword is a 3/3/2/4 ally at the initial cost of 1. But I like that they finally decided to implement some kind of mercenary into the game.

Edited by John Constantine

They took down the article. I hope it's because of some site malfunction and not because it went out too early and now I'll have to wait even more to see this stuff... ;(

You can still get to the article by Products - LotR - LotR LCG - news feed on the right of the page