Sign in to follow this  
Enquiringnewt

unOfficial: SW Armada Wave 2 11/24/2015; and no more Newt :(

Drop date of 24th? That's a Tuesday....by the time I get to my store, they'll be sold out!!!

Preorder = winning solution to your dilemma.

no kidding, a store has had $200 of my money for almost a month now for wave 2, thanks to such poor comms from FFG...

Drop date of 24th? That's a Tuesday....by the time I get to my store, they'll be sold out!!!

no kidding, a store has had $200 of my money for almost a month now for wave 2, thanks to such poor comms from FFG...

Yea...even if I pre-order now though...I'll be all the way in the back of the line.

Yea...even if I pre-order now though...I'll be all the way in the back of the line.

If store doesn't support you with preordered stuff on release day, buy online.

We interrupt this news feed to bring you this sad announcement: almost no Bothans are left in the Galaxy. It seems it is getting harder and harder for anyone to get accurate information. One correspondent named Newt had this to say, "Due to circumstances (death of Bothans when i send them out) beyond my control, I will no longer be able to inform you of shipments from the Kuat ship yards."

We shall endeavor to find a more efficient means of bringing you up-to-date info, but will probably fail.

Episode II

Attack on the Spies

There is unrest on the FFG forums. After the unlawful blockade by the greedy Docker's Guild, all shipping to the small number of Imperial and Rebel Commanders has dried up. Those brave commanders still on active duty have been forced to fight their battles with poorly equipped and outdated ships. Lack of refitted safety railings above the reactor core has resulted in great loss of life on both sides, leaving both the Empire and the Rebel Alliance exhausted and short on manpower. Now a new crisis has presented itself. The last line of information from inside FFG to the desperate Commanders has been severed by a seperatist movement under the leadership of a Dark Lord of the Sith. The severed communications have made it difficult for the limited number of persisting Commanders to maintain peace and order in the galaxy, as fleet battles have become stale and repetitive. But there is hope. A final transmission made by the mysterious Enquiringnewt revealed the arrival date of a new wave of ships. Will these ships turn the tide for the desperate Armada commanders and settle the conflict once and for all...

Edited by Lord Tareq

Newt, we will miss that information, but you better still stop by and see us all!  You might not have the Bothan resources to give us all that juicy information, to act as the trusted non-official liaison between FFG and us, but you've always got a place here.

I may have to cut out that picture and paste it on Isard's card, a tribute to our own intelligence gathering expert with far better fashion sense than madame Ysanne :P

Grab a seat and make sure to join us for the wave 3 wait too!  You just sorta have to experience it from down here with us here, mate. First round's on me.

... seconds on Lyraeus

These are indeed strange and yet expected tidings...There has been many changes in the last few months Cest la vie...Newt will fade away like so many threads ; yet are never forgotten...There is a strange feeling , like so many voices crying out and suddenly silenced...

Thanks man this goes with what my local store has been hearing for the past two weeks although they were told the 20th was an option as well but I guess this seals it two more weeks of waiting also crap Black Friday we are going to be lucky if we see it in our store that week at all due to thanksgiving.

For a thousand generations, Enquiringnewt was the guardian of street dates for FFG. Before the dark times...

Thank you for sticking your neck on the line, time and time again with solid release dates. I know I have been able to better budget purchases thanks to your information. Best wishes, Enquiringnewt!  

Am I the only one who doesn't find Newt's "unofficial official news" to be all that secret or surprising?  My FLGS owner has always also told me the same release dates around the time Newt always made his announcements, plus or minus a day or two.

None of us know it.

In any case, hopefully now you'll be our inside source, right? I mean, plus or minus a day of course.

Am I the only one who doesn't find Newt's "unofficial official news" to be all that secret or surprising?  My FLGS owner has always also told me the same release dates around the time Newt always made his announcements, plus or minus a day or two.

None of us know it.

In any case, hopefully now you'll be our inside source, right? I mean, plus or minus a day of course.

Of course, with total perfection. 

Excellent. We'll let a reputation for perfection develop on its own, though.

And advance notice by 2 or 3 months.  With shoes dipping into Xwing also.  Second checked.  

I've personally checked Newt's old statements by hand.  He's quite accurate and sometimes quite early.  

And advance notice by 2 or 3 months.  With shoes dipping into Xwing also.  Second checked.  

I've personally checked Newt's old statements by hand.  He's quite accurate and sometimes quite early.

Has he really been that accurate 2-3 months out? I'm more impressed with Newt than I usually am! ;)

Has he really been that accurate 2-3 months out? I'm more impressed with Newt than I usually am! ;)

I'm now tired of it, but I did at one time dig through all of newts posts (i know allllll your dirty laundry, that you sacrificed the kessel slaves to appease the bothan gods).  He has a pretty good record.