Sign in to follow this  
Blackbird888

Hit and run

Depends. Minions splat. Rival, probably splat. PC or Nemesis, depending on speed and size, I would give an auto crit and allow them to roll athletics or coordination to mitigate the damage to a reasonable level. AKA you or your enemy gets hit but then rolls off the top of the car and does that cool Matrix/superhero landing thing. But with a bloody head, or messed up arm.

Assuming the impacted one is a Rival, Nemesis or PC -and the impact is not an auto-kill- I can think of several ways to handle it:

If the pilot wants to roll over someone: I threat it like a combat check, using an opposed check using pilot(agility) vs coordination(agility), with the vehicle doing damage equal to speed*siluete + succeces and crit 2.

If the characters are being accidentally rolled over (or you want the injured party to roll instead of the driver): Call for a coordination check versus a hard difficulty so he can try to avoid it and do damage based on speed*siluette + failures and have a crit injury if they roll 2+ disadvantajes or a dispair.

Finallly if there is no way to avoid it, i would treat it like a collision: recibe a critical injury and sustract from the critical roll either: The succeses of a hard coordination check (x10 if minor or x5 if mayor) or a fixed number like soak x10 if minor or soak x5 if minor.

You can change the damage if you want it to be more/less lethal.

Okay, say it's not being hit by a landspeeder but being stepped on by an AT-AT or run over by a tank or something.

I think it's fair to say that's an instakill, even for a PC or nemesis. The lightest tank in the real world still weighs almost 53,000 pounds. No one's surviving being run over or stepped on by that. OK, maybe Gary Stu Marek would have, but that's another story.

In other words, sometimes you’re the windshield, and sometimes you’re the bug.

oMs3xM0.gif

(subtitles: The 3rd most awesome thing in Robocop - a melting dude getting liquefied over a speed car)

Melting dude? Liquefied?!? Sounds realistic....

I wonder what the top 2 things in that movie were.

Edited by PrettyHaley