Sign in to follow this  
LucarioB

Darth Vader Painting

Hey everyone! I'm gonna start off by saying that sorastro makes absolutely amazing videos; I couldn't be happier with them! I've painted everything up to Vader, and needless to say, I'm incredibly nervous to paint him! I plan on following Sorastros guide, for the most part, but I would love some other ways to paint him, other strategies and the like, and maybe use a mixture. Hopefully this all made as much sense as it did in my head!

I made mine similar to his version. Instead of making the helmet so highlighted with black/gray/white, I used gunmetal black with a slight lightening at the top/edges with a gradient of silver added to lighten it up slightly but give it a slight sparkle. I also used the gunmetal/silver on the upper chest piece and the boots due to them being very glossy. I then covered the helmet, upper chest piece and boots with a few glossy coats.

Hey everyone! I'm gonna start off by saying that sorastro makes absolutely amazing videos; I couldn't be happier with them! I've painted everything up to Vader, and needless to say, I'm incredibly nervous to paint him! I plan on following Sorastros guide, for the most part, but I would love some other ways to paint him, other strategies and the like, and maybe use a mixture. Hopefully this all made as much sense as it did in my head!

I remember being intimidated.

I tried to cheat and paint the cloak dark grey and then wash it with black all-over. I hated the result so much that I stripped the whole mini and started over, this time humbly following Sorastro's way and layer the highlights in going lighter and lighter. It's not too bad once you get started. Don't worry about the lightsaber reflections until you've done everything else first.

You can do it!