Sign in to follow this  
darthkray

Boba Fett crew card.

I like the idea of picking a ship to be his "bounty", getting a bonus against it, and the ensuing minigame of two ships trying to hunt/dodge each other in an atypical manner (a quick/shallow example would be, like, putting the bounty on a Prototype pilot who is usually all about blocking big ships, and then watching it scurry away from Boba's ride instead).

However, if he's been released already -- twice -- as an actual pilot, it doesn't make much sense to sling a bounty ability on his crew version.

There's also the fact that I think a game-wide/faction-agnostic "bounty" mechanic might be something worth adding to the game in the future.

* Boba Fett

Scum Crew Only

When you acquire a target lock on an enemy ship, the enemy ship also receives one stress.

That would work neatly with K4-Security Droid and add there tactician too, then you would have very neat stress control ship!!

I like the idea of picking a ship to be his "bounty", getting a bonus against it, and the ensuing minigame of two ships trying to hunt/dodge each other in an atypical manner (a quick/shallow example would be, like, putting the bounty on a Prototype pilot who is usually all about blocking big ships, and then watching it scurry away from Boba's ride instead).

Which would be hilarious if the ship picked to be the "bounty" happens to be rocking Kallus who in turn makes the ship carrying Boba his target.

Which would be hilarious if the ship picked to be the "bounty" happens to be rocking Kallus who in turn makes the ship carrying Boba his target.

Sorry for crappy quality. Workstation has nothing but paint

BLmsdrl1_jc.jpg

How about whenever you are attacked roll an attack die on a hit that ship receives a hit on a crit they receive a crit cost it at 4 or 5 points?

I can't see FFG doing that. They at times do very well at picking abilities that fit their character. A good example of this is Kath. A few people have come up with bounty hunter themed abilities in this thread.

Boba Fett (Crew)

At the beginning of the combat phase, you may choose one enemy ship at range 1-3. Exchange your pilot skill with that ship's pilot skill until the end of the phase.

That would push Boba to be used on generic and low PS ships, making him the star of the ship. And the better the pilot, the more she has to fear the renowned bounty hunter.

Combine him with Torkil and you can shut down an entire list. Palob would be nice as well. 

Did I miss something? Are we expecting a Fett crew card?

I don't want a Fett crew card I want a new Fett pilot card that has a better special ability. 39 points is too much for his range one ability.

Yes, we are. If you look at page 4 of this thread, you'll see Tipperary's post:

Would he be Scum only ? Or Scum/Empire?

Judging by what we can see of the card I'd say Scum only.

pssqxgpptr.png

Compare the position of the restriction text to Dengar's next to it.

If you look above the Punishing One title card, you see a Dengar crew upgrade. Right underneath Dengar is Boba Fett. How do we know it's Boba Fett?

1) It's unique.

2) It starts with "Bob"

3) It's the same card art used for Boba Fett in the Star Wars LCG:

ffg_boba-fett-core-33-2.png

Edited by Budgernaut

If you look above the Punishing One title card, you see a Dengar crew upgrade. Right underneath Dengar is Boba Fett. How do we know it's Boba Fett?

1) It's unique.

2) It starts with "Bob"

Now I desperately want a Bob crew card, based on Blackadder's Bob.

Herm... Instead of adding a crit, what about the following:

Boba Fett, Crew, Scum Only

Once per round, after an (your?) (primary weapon?) attack hits, you may cancel all dice results and deal a face up (or face down?) damage card instead.  (Then receive a stress?)

4? Points

Against a Corran or Fel, it's probably better to activate his ability, making him great at hitting agile targets, but against a lumbering Y wing that can't dodge for jack, he's just as good as the next guy.  Plenty of opportunities to restrict / expand it based on play testing.  Does he buff your entire fleet, or just your ship?  Does it cause a stress?  Is it restricted to primary weapons?  What about receiving a stress for using it?  Not to mention the cost can be changed.

1) It's unique.

2) It starts with "Bob"

Bob. He's your uncle.

How about whenever you are attacked roll an attack die on a hit that ship receives a hit on a crit they receive a crit cost it at 4 or 5 points?

I can't see FFG doing that. They at times do very well at picking abilities that fit their character. A good example of this is Kath. A few people have come up with bounty hunter themed abilities in this thread.

Maybe it's Dengar's crew ability. At any rate its along the lines of what I think a scum defensive upgrade would look like. 

Maybe it's Dengar's crew ability. At any rate its along the lines of what I think a scum defensive upgrade would look like. 

I like that for Dengar's crew ability, except it almost seems to have more utility than Dengar's pilot ability.

Once per round, after an (your?) (primary weapon?) attack hits, you may cancel all dice results and deal a face up (or face down?) damage card instead.  (Then receive a stress?)

4? Points

Against a Corran or Fel, it's probably better to activate his ability, making him great at hitting agile targets, but against a lumbering Y wing that can't dodge for jack, he's just as good as the next guy.  Plenty of opportunities to restrict / expand it based on play testing.  Does he buff your entire fleet, or just your ship?  Does it cause a stress?  Is it restricted to primary weapons?  What about receiving a stress for using it?  Not to mention the cost can be changed.

Somehow I missed your post yesterday. This is a really neat idea. It gives that crit effect without going over he top. You get to see whether the attack hits or not before you use it, which is fantastic. If you only get one hit through, you'll probably use his ability to get a face-up damage through instead of just a hit. In a way, it's like a weaker "Mangler" Cannon since it only let's one crit through. It's interesting to note that as written, his ability bypasses shields. That's really strong. I think I prefer it that way to having his effect be worthless against shielded targets. Another thing I like is that it still gets rid of Stealth Devices because the attack has to hit first.

I think 3-4 points is reasonable for this effect. Fett can only do one damage per turn this way (unless a Direct Hit! is flipped). That means that if you start on something like a Decimator or YT-1300, Fett's pilot will have a hard time taking it down quickly. If allies attack the same ship, they still have to get through shields first. That means you're getting a benefit of crippling the enemy early with crits, but the total amount of damage you have to deal doesn't change. But like you said, you'll probably use all your hits against low-agility ships instead of using your ability.

I do think it should be restricted to primary weapon attacks. Here are the ofending cannons:

1) Ion/Flechette Cannon. These already cancel dice results and deal damage. I'm not clear on the timing of these compared to this Fett crew and I think it will be complicated to explain in rules text. In normal speech, it's easy to say the damage from the cannons is face-up, but that just wouldn't be clear with the text space on the Fett crew card.

2) Heavy Laser Cannon. This cannon gives you excellent chances of getting hits through, but the cannon's text changes crits to hits. It seems weird to let get a crit out of that. Then agains, rerolls allow you to get crits on an HLC, so maybe it's not a problem. I just think Fett's cost would increase if he combo'd with the HLC.

3) Autoblaster. An uncancellable hit becomes a shield-bypassing crit. Granted, it's range-1 only, but it does seem abusive. On the other hand, it's pretty expensive, so it desrves to exist so people can at least try it out.

1) It's unique.

2) It starts with "Bob"

Bob -Scum only, Crew 2 points, Unique

Whenever your ship performs a green manuver, remove 1 stress token. If your ship had no stress tokens, gain a focus token instead.

"Bob's pretty laid back, everybody likes Bob"

- Boba Fett

Boba Fett, crew: 20pts

Be cool. If you say no words during an entire match you get a modified win, a cameo in various movie and film adaptations, and a solo movie about you (Lucas Film Pending). You must actually wear the dented helmet during your entire match.

[...]

Bob -Scum only, Crew 2 points, Unique

Whenever your ship performs a green manuver, remove 1 stress token. If your ship had no stress tokens, gain a focus token instead.

"Bob's pretty laid back, everybody likes Bob"

- Boba Fett

Bob the Mandalorian, he's like Boba Fett but way more chill.

I want it to add defense dice or evade tokens for a low price (3-4 points) This way the my scummy HWK could get a little help.

At the start of the Combat phase, assign 1 evade token to your ship and 1 friendly ship at range 1-2.

OR

When defending at range 1-2, you may re-roll 1 defense dice. This die result cannot be modified or cancelled by the attacker.

Edited by dewbie420

4? Points

Somehow I missed your post yesterday. This is a really neat idea. It gives that crit effect without going over he top. You get to see whether the attack hits or not before you use it, which is fantastic. If you only get one hit through, you'll probably use his ability to get a face-up damage through instead of just a hit. In a way, it's like a weaker "Mangler" Cannon since it only let's one crit through. It's interesting to note that as written, his ability bypasses shields. That's really strong. I think I prefer it that way to having his effect be worthless against shielded targets. Another thing I like is that it still gets rid of Stealth Devices because the attack has to hit first.

I think 3-4 points is reasonable for this effect. Fett can only do one damage per turn this way (unless a Direct Hit! is flipped). That means that if you start on something like a Decimator or YT-1300, Fett's pilot will have a hard time taking it down quickly. If allies attack the same ship, they still have to get through shields first. That means you're getting a benefit of crippling the enemy early with crits, but the total amount of damage you have to deal doesn't change. But like you said, you'll probably use all your hits against low-agility ships instead of using your ability.

I do think it should be restricted to primary weapon attacks. Here are the ofending cannons:

1) Ion/Flechette Cannon. These already cancel dice results and deal damage. I'm not clear on the timing of these compared to this Fett crew and I think it will be complicated to explain in rules text. In normal speech, it's easy to say the damage from the cannons is face-up, but that just wouldn't be clear with the text space on the Fett crew card.

2) Heavy Laser Cannon. This cannon gives you excellent chances of getting hits through, but the cannon's text changes crits to hits. It seems weird to let get a crit out of that. Then agains, rerolls allow you to get crits on an HLC, so maybe it's not a problem. I just think Fett's cost would increase if he combo'd with the HLC.

3) Autoblaster. An uncancellable hit becomes a shield-bypassing crit. Granted, it's range-1 only, but it does seem abusive. On the other hand, it's pretty expensive, so it desrves to exist so people can at least try it out.

Would that crit then be counted as critical hit result from a die? Just wondering how Bossk as a pilot would do with this, automatic two hits or would that just be counted as face up card.. :)

I would like Boba Fett to be able to cancel all hit results and give one critical hit without chance of defending and recieving a one stress with that and I would like as much that it would be counted as critical hit result from a die so that Bossk would be able to modify that for direct hit. That would give nice boost for Bossk as well..