+Twin Laser Turret

+BTL

Tycho Celchu

+A-Wing Test Pilot

+Push the Limit

+Proton Rockets

+Autothrusters

+... see below

So, I really like the stressbot y-wing (I know, a shocking opinion) I ran a modified Panic Attack at league last week and lost only one game to Miranda and some TLTs. So I got to thinking that the main problems to be solved in X-Wing right now are aces and TLTs. I like the way the BTLT controls ace movement, and I like the way Autothrusters and regen withstand TLTs, so that's the first two ships in the list. I just got Rebel Aces so I want to try out Tycho. He fills up the space nicely in this list. I have 1 point to spend and one EPT slot to fill. I see three obvious options:

1) Wired. Tycho is always stressed. Now he has nearly Lone-Wolf/Sensor Jammer level resilience to TLT, with a nice boost to offense.

2) Crack Shot. Those 2-die shots can be unimpressive. Put him over the top, and make those prockets truly terrifying.

3) Veteran Instincts. Those PS9 aces can still be a huge problem. go to 10 and get behind Soontir/Whisper/etc. lack of Barrel Roll still makes that challenging, though.

thoughts?

Edited by skotothalamos

If you are truly confident that the stress TLT will handle aces for you, then you don't need Veteran Instincts on Tycho.  Double stressed ace will be easy pickings for his proton rocket

Wired is the best choice on Tycho due to his ability, but crack shot has some appeal.  Especially if Tycho is being ignored, then he doesn't necessarily need Wired because its better for its defensive boost, but if no one shoots at him (because they are going after the y-wing or poe) then crack shot is probably better.

I see you're yearning for a 1 point EPT, can i Interest you in our lord and Savior Crackshot? All those False Prophets and harlots may seem inticing, but have you thought TRULY hard enough about the important decision at hand?

Imagine the possibilities of Earning 25+ points in one round... WITH A SINGLE POINT EPT?!?

"But how?", you'd ask inquisitively.

"Oh jimmy" I'd tussle your hair. "Its simple! With PTL, and Prockets, and the non-caring ability of stress Tycho can Targetlock and Focus on a target at range one.  Which would allow you to Blow your opponent out of the water!  5 hits with use of your Targetlock!."

"Awesome!!" you exclaim as your opponent's IG-B Rolls those Dastardly defense dice.

He cackles Maniacally as thanks to Boosting and being teamed with IG-C he gets a free Evade token. but sadly only rolls 1 evade because Greendice SURE CAN BE FICKLE!!!!

"Golly if only there was a way..."

"Hold on there Timmy, Remember which EPT you took. Not that Silly non-believer Wired... OH NO, you took Crackshot!"

"gee thanks Mister"

Looks like that 4 damage shot thanks to that one cancelled defense roll scored you 25 Points due to the Large Ship MOV Changes.

"Always remember Jimmy Drugs are not the Answer... unless its in a video game or board game, then drugs are usually the answer."

Edited by Panic 217

I see you're yearning for a 1 point EPT, can i Interest you in our lord and Savior Crackshot? All those False Prophets and harlots may seem inticing, but have you thought TRULY hard enough about the important decision at hand?

Imagine the possibilities of Earning 25+ points in one round... WITH A SINGLE POINT EPT?!?

"But how?", you'd ask inquisitively.

"Oh jimmy" I'd tussle your hair. "Its simple! With PTL, and Prockets, and the non-caring ability of stress Tycho can Targetlock and Focus on a target at range one.  Which would allow you to Blow your opponent out of the water!  5 hits with use of your Targetlock!."

"Awesome!!" you exclaim as your opponent's IG-B Rolls those Dastardly defense dice.

He cackles Maniacally as thanks to Boosting and being teamed with IG-C he gets a free Evade token. but sadly only rolls 1 evade because Greendice SURE CAN BE FICKLE!!!!

"Golly if only there was a way..."

"Hold on there Timmy, Remember which EPT you took. Not that Silly non-believer Wired... OH NO, you took Crackshot!"

"gee thanks Mister"

Looks like that 4 damage shot thanks to that one cancelled defense roll scored you 25 Points due to the Large Ship MOV Changes.

"Always remember Jimmy Drugs are not the Answer... unless its in a video game or board game, then drugs are usually the answer."

would sig the whole thing if I could

Handsome prose aside, thank you Panic, I have an alternative to your one more point dilemma. His name is Jake Farrel. Equipped with the same four upgrades he comes in two points cheaper than Tycho and has the ability to perform three actions per turn(!) as long as you're OK with one of those being Focus and the other being either Boost (which you'll do most of the time with Tycho anyways) or Barrel Roll (which is a nice alternative to boost, or works even better when stacked with boost)

If you still want your A-wing to hunt aces then give him VI and cede initiative to your opponent, I find very few people who don't want initiative themselves. Now you have two points to work with, maybe upgrade that Gold to a Grey to protect it from Predator.

If on the other hand you believe the stress bot has aces covered, you now have three points to work with which is a lot of options, crackshot included, but also such goodies as Predator(3), Outmaneuver(3), Daredevil(3), Wingman(2pts. helps Poe with his stress), Lone Wolf(2), etc.

Jake fits better than Tycho, and in my opinion is better overall than Tycho.

Jake-

-Title

-VI

-PTL

-Prockets

-Thrusters

He fits exactly what you're trying to do with Tycho, but is cheaper and is PS9. Plus, he moves better in tight spaces with the ability to barrel roll.

Also, I've been using this same sort of list, but with VI also on Poe. Just gives that extra counter to high PS aces and keeps you away from only greens with him which make him very predictable

Edited by Jturn314

Meh, Jake can easily arc dodge a BTL-Y.

Either way, I'd definitely think about VI on Poe instead of PTL. Then he becomes your ace killer, and that gives you two more point for Tycho's other EPT which opens up a world of options, Daredevil being most preferred.

I'll echo what others have said: Wired. VI is good, but you already have a counter for PS 9+ in the stresshog. Sure, aces will be able to arc-dodge it a lot of the time, but it still creates a massive no-fly-zone for them. In fact, I'd say that being able to put Wired on Tycho without losing out too badly on PS is what makes him viable next to Jake; VI isn't an auto-include second EPT for him.

Meh, Jake can easily arc dodge a BTL-Y.

Either way, I'd definitely think about VI on Poe instead of PTL. Then he becomes your ace killer, and that gives you two more point for Tycho's other EPT which opens up a world of options, Daredevil being most preferred.

I'm not confident on dodging 3x Tactician K-Wings flown by our best player, though.

I am definitely thinking about VI on Poe, which opens up R2-D2 space... which makes him more resilient to stresswing... which is probably how Paul Heaver's line of thinking went, now that I see it...