Sign in to follow this  
Panic 217

Topic Solely Decidated to the Greatest EPT IN THE GAME

So is guaranteed damage under a specific circumstance.

And if that circumstance never occurs before the fragile TIE is gunned down...

Winning the lottery is guaranteed if you pick the correct numbers.

Edited by Lifer4700

or if you buy enough tickets

such is the Tie fighter way

I could guess one number between 1 and 10 and be right 10% of the time.... OR i could guess 7 numbers from1-10 and be right 70% of the time... Tie fighters... Right 70% of the time.

3 green dice only slightly beat out 2 red dice. Crackshot turns that 3 vs. 2 situation into a 2 vs. 2, but you get to choose which of opponent's dice gets discarded. Crackshot has the added benefit of making your target spend focus and evade tokens  as a preventive measure. If your opponent has just enough evades to beat your roll and you've still got Crackshot they may spend the token to make sure that you can't spend Crackshot to get a hit through. 

Edited by WWHSD

3 green dice only slightly beat out 2 red dice. Crackshot turns that 3 vs. 2 situation into a 2 vs. 2, but you get to chose which of opponent's dice gets discarded. Crackshot has the added benefit of making your target spend focus and evade tokens  as a preventive measure. If your opponent has just enough evades to beat your roll and you've still got Crackshot they may spend the token to make sure that you can't spend Crackshot to get a hit through. 

Exactly. And if they do "over-evade," you get to keep Crackshot for your next attack. That's not bad at all for a 1-point, "single use" upgrade.

or if you buy enough tickets

such is the Tie fighter way

I could guess one number between 1 and 10 and be right 10% of the time.... OR i could guess 7 numbers from1-10 and be right 70% of the time... Tie fighters... Right 70% of the time.
Tie fighters, 70%of the time, they work 100%of the time

Also, is a throw-away card. Single use.

It's a single use that will always be effective. The one point that gets spent on Crackshot is going to, at a minimum take away 2 squad points worth of health (and that's shooting at a naked OGP Shuttle) and will usually result in more. With the way that the card was first FAQ'd, it would be a rather lackluster upgrade (you needed to spend it for green dice were rolled) that made it's effectiveness a crapshoot. As it stands it's one of the best values in the game.

That's exactly why a cheap, effective, one-shot EPT like Crackshot is perfect on ships like Black Squad Pilots. With as fragile as they are most EPTs could end up being one-shot EPTs on them.

Crackshot can also screw with your opponents targeting priority. Do you take the range 3 shot at the one health TIE that has already spent Crackshot or do you attempt to burn down the full health TIE at range 2 that still has Crackshot before he gets a chance to shoot?

Edited by WWHSD

I REALLY like Crackshot.    It's Action Independent - and lets you chose when to use it.  And it's CHEAP! 

I especially like the M3A Tansari point veteran with an HLC and Crackshot.   PS5 isn't shooting TOO late, and 4 dice at range 3, where you don't get your extra die for range, plus you LOSE an evade result?!?!  

I ran one of those with Latts Razzi and some double Target Locking crew, and Talonbane Cobra with Predator and Glitterstim the other day.   It was GREAT not to have to rely on actions - especially when facing stressbot Y-Wings. 

I especially like the M3A Tansari point veteran with an HLC and Crackshot.   PS5 isn't shooting TOO late, and 4 dice at range 3, where you don't get your extra die for range, plus you LOSE an evade result?!?!  

27 points just seems way too expensive for something that fragile. I might be tempted to try it with either a Mangler or an Ion Cannon and either just keep the cost down, or slap on a hull upgrade for the same price.  

-PTL walks into thread whistling-

-sees first post-

-PTL walks out of thread whistling-

Praise The Lord?

Pass The Loot?

Part Time Lover?

Post Tenebras Lux?

Portable Traffic Light?

..I have to admit:

the last one sounds promising.

Discard: All moves performed by ships in arc of this ship a red moves.

27 points just seems way too expensive for something that fragile. I might be tempted to try it with either a Mangler or an Ion Cannon and either just keep the cost down, or slap on a hull upgrade for the same price.  

It certainly is fragile, but I fly it as such and keep it at range 3.  Flew all 3 ships directly towards the biggest threat and kept the M3A at range 3 the whole time, so it wasn't always an easy target.   I mean, it's a gamble, and with so many TLTs out there it's not gonna live long, but it can do a ton of damage before it goes.  Especially with crackshot and Latts removing defense. 

-sees first post-

Praise The Lord?

Pass The Loot?

Part Time Lover?

Post Tenebras Lux?

Portable Traffic Light?

..I have to admit:

Discard: Choose a friendly within range 1-3 not in primary arc. Any move they perform is green. OR choose 1 enemy in Range 1-3 in primary arc any movement they perform is red.

*rolls a 3/3 range one attack against Soontir*

*Soontir rolls 3/3 evades*

*eyes grow wide, leans forward, motions hand towards crackshot card*

*opponent spends evade token*

"I choose not to spend Crackshot"

This excites the troll in me. Just the passive threat of it is worth the one point. And I like all of the one point (disposable) upgrades (sans VI of course), they add interesting mechanics to the game without dominating the game like PtL or Predator or some of the other power upgrades do.

Also, Adrenaline Rush on Vader is better than Crackshot IMO.

-sees first post-

Praise The Lord?

Pass The Loot?

Part Time Lover?

Post Tenebras Lux?

Portable Traffic Light?

..I have to admit:

Discard: Choose a friendly within range 1-3 not in primary arc. Any move they perform is green. OR choose 1 enemy in Range 1-3 in primary arc any movement they perform is red.

This is better than mine.

I just won a tournament on saturday with Paul's Galactic Cup Crackswarm. 4 black TIEs and saber intreceptor all with crackshot and Howlrunner.

Every game was decided after the first one or two rounds of shooting. Three of my four opponents were really pissed. Not sure if I want to use it again.

It's an amazing card that makes 2 attack ships viable.

I'm flying what I call "Warboys" right now:

5x green squadron, refit, auto thrusters,and crack shot.

...and I shout "WITNESS ME!" when I crack shot.

Managed to squeeze out a last minute win against Palp aces with this list. It's really fun but I need to learn to fly As better.

I just won a tournament on saturday with Paul's Galactic Cup Crackswarm. 4 black TIEs and saber intreceptor all with crackshot and Howlrunner.

Every game was decided after the first one or two rounds of shooting. Three of my four opponents were really pissed. Not sure if I want to use it again.

Managed to squeeze out a last minute win against Palp aces with this list. It's really fun but I need to learn to fly As better.
Oh no no no, this is not a game ruining power squad. This is a neo-conventional build that's apparently effective in our current Acewing 15 actions a turn meta. Nothing to feel bad about.

You're doing God's work, son.

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

Oh no no no, this is not a game ruining power squad. This is a neo-conventional build that's apparently effective in our current Acewing 15 actions a turn meta. Nothing to feel bad about.

You're doing God's work, son.

but what if i use crackshot on my 15 actions a turn ace?

Ultimate Dice Modifications.

Target Lock, Focus, Crackshot.

Edited by Panic 217

Funny I actually used Guri with Crackshot, FCS and auto.  Didn't end up even using crackshot.  My 2 Ys with TLT and a Z chipped in for enough damage to take the wins.  Like, there was really no reason to.  Some random 1 hit going through, meh. 

Funny I actually used Guri with Crackshot, FCS and auto.  Didn't end up even using crackshot.  My 2 Ys with TLT and a Z chipped in for enough damage to take the wins.  Like, there was really no reason to.  Some random 1 hit going through, meh. 

How fortunate you are to always roll more hits than you need in order to kill ships :P . On numerous occasions I've left enemy ships at 1 hull because my opponent managed to get a perfect evade roll or I whiffed on the kill shot and crackshot would have made a world of difference.