Sign in to follow this  
Panic 217

Topic Solely Decidated to the Greatest EPT IN THE GAME

Crackshot.

Yesterday i flew two games against IG-B and Fett.

My Procket/Crackshot Loaded Vader

whisper with RC (and standard Goodies)

and Tempest for blocking hilarity

After both games i looked at the damage done by prockets due to crack shot... If i had a dollar for each shield stripped and crit delt, i'd have 10$...

Honestly only way to take advantage of green dice sucking, is making the good dice suck.

1 point for potential of 3 damage (Major explosion direct hit [super fringe possibility of 4 damage with Major/major/direct hit])

its sexual. if it was a tournament game thats half the value of IG B or Fett (25 points either way) for 1 point EPT and 3 point missiles.

Worth? uhhh, yeah dude.

So shout out to Crackshot.

Wait until you realize it's full potential and combo it with things that take away even more dice.

Latts razzi, wedge, intimidation, outmaneuver.... All things that make crackshot even better.

unfortunately I dont run Rebel, so i cant double EPT with outmaneuver and Crackshot, and i dont run scum so i cant Lattz and crackshot. 

BUT if it comes up that i can run a mixed squad in a future tournament you better believe it will include Lattz with K4 and Wedge with BB and Crackshot

Yesterday i flew two games against IG-B and Fett.

My Procket/Crackshot Loaded Vader

whisper with RC (and standard Goodies)

and Tempest for blocking hilarity

After both games i looked at the damage done by prockets due to crack shot... If i had a dollar for each shield stripped and crit delt, i'd have 10$...

I agree the card is great but your math looks off.

You had crackshot and prockets on one ship and played two games. So the correct answer is 2$. You would have 2$ presuming you used crackshot in both games to allow one additional hit or crit through the defender's dice.

I really do want to try the Crackshot TIE Swarm. 

Do it.  It's sexy.

Flew 4x Black Squadrons with Crack Shot plus Redline with Plasma Torps/Cluster Missiles/EM/FCS/AutoTh yesterday at the Worlds wrap up tournament.  

Redline was meh, but the Blacks were absolute money.  Highly recommended.

luckily you don't need ordinance... also Luckily with the right squad you can get 6 guaranteed damage with 6 crackshots!

What am I missing here? Why does everyone love this card do much?

To me Crackshot says it removes one evade result, it doesn't say anything about guaranteed damage.

So, I throw my 5 red die PRocket attack (3agi) getting 1 hit (pretty typical for me), then my target throws their two greens resulting in two evades (as usual). How does this card guarantee damage?

Also, is a throw-away card. Single use.

Edited by Lifer4700

To me Crackshot says it removes one evade result, it doesn't say anything about guaranteed damage.

So, I throw my 5 red die PRocket attack (3agi) getting 1 hit (pretty typical for me), then my target throws their two greens resulting in two evades (as usual). How does this card guarantee damage?

Because you only use it when it'd result in damage. You can pick and choose your moment with it.

luckily you don't need ordinance... also Luckily with the right squad you can get 6 guaranteed damage with 6 crackshots!

Crackshot is "guaranteed damage" because you don't have to spend it until you know that it will push a point of damage through. Unlike just about anything else you can do to your attack, Crackshot is done after the Defender has finished modifying their roll. 

first off unrelated if your name is Scott as per your sig, you're awesome because i'm also a scott.

second, related. with a TL and focus from vader i've more often than not come out shooting at least 4 hits often 5 with Prockets... in the case of yesterdays games as noted in OP at most the green dice (plus evade tokens) gave a single evade because FGD. then with crackshot it made it 0 evades making it 5 damage (6 with a crit.)