Sign in to follow this  
WWPDSteven

Clash of Titans Battle Report: 2 ISD vs 2 MC80

My friend Jeff managed to win the ISD in our local Massing at Sullust event that I had to sit out, and also took to eBay to grab an MC80. I paid the gold price for one of each also, and we decided to combine forces to make for an epic double ISD on double MC80 match. Neither one of us knew what the other would play, other than the two beasties. Jeff showed up, and we threw down! 

ClashOfTitans%2B-%2B6.jpg

Interesting report.  I suppose the real question is: Having seen these in action, will either of you consider taking two large ships again in a standard 400 point fight?  I am on the fence about buying a second of each ship (already have one of each from Sullust) since I don't know if a low ship count is all that viable.

That was an awesome game.  My biggest mistake was turning in one click too soon and it cost me one broadside which would have probably taken down that last ISD.  My squadrons got crushed by yours but not before those Bwings did serious damage on your other ISD.  I really didnt worry too much about your squadrons near the end but they did their job in eliminating my Bwings.  I know you had a few bad rolls on those ISDs and Vader seems like the right choice in hindsight but it was Motti that keep those monstrosities alive and beyond your obvious skills at Armada that was a big contribution to your success.

I am pretty sure at the end my MC-80 had only lost 1 or 2 shields and had no damage.

Looking forward to more epic battles.

Edited by Overdawg

Interesting report.  I suppose the real question is: Having seen these in action, will either of you consider taking two large ships again in a standard 400 point fight?  I am on the fence about buying a second of each ship (already have one of each from Sullust) since I don't know if a low ship count is all that viable.

I absolutely will.  I pre-ordered two of each after this game.  :)

I am thinking of a 2 ISD 2 Raider build at 400 points.

I thought the Empire had it with that set of squadrons. . . Vader, Advanced, Fel and Interceptor to tie up the B-Wings and let Tycho die to Bombers.

Looked like the MC80s turned too early/late.

I think I would have prioritized some Nav commands turn 1 and 2 and made a sharp turn to the station. Let Independence flip the squadron on the starboard side of her and force your furthest ISD out of position. . . Hmmmm

Interesting game.

"Advanced gunnery!?!?! And you knew you were going up against 2 MC80s!"

Well, my thinking there was... 3 ISD shots onto ONE ship compared to 3 MC80 shots across two ships.

You know ow rebels love spreading damage ^_~

"Advanced gunnery!?!?! And you knew you were going up against 2 MC80s!"

Well, my thinking there was... 3 ISD shots onto ONE ship compared to 3 MC80 shots across two ships.

:)

Not bad thinking. The important thing is, you brought gunners to a gun fight. In some meta, gunners are left at home :( 

I'm thinking I'll WANT to spread the love, first ISD ions them, then Avenger finishes them.

Edited by GronardII

That was an awesome game.  My biggest mistake was turning in one click too soon and it cost me one broadside which would have probably taken down that last ISD.  My squadrons got crushed by yours but not before those Bwings did serious damage on your other ISD.  I really didnt worry too much about your squadrons near the end but they did their job in eliminating my Bwings.  I know you had a few bad rolls on those ISDs and Vader seems like the right choice in hindsight but it was Motti that keep those monstrosities alive and beyond your obvious skills at Armada that was a big contribution to your success.

I am wondering if Leading Shots will see more use on ISDs for this reason. Spending a blue dice is sad, but you can get Motti + three leading shots for the same price as Vader (plus up to 9 more hull if you manage to fit three ISDs into that list...).