Sign in to follow this  
MajorJuggler

2015 Worlds Results

You know whats the worst thing about this worlds results? When I play the Stresshog now people will look at me like a copycat, even though I already ran it since TLT came out!

You know whats the worst thing about this worlds results? When I play the Stresshog now people will look at me like a copycat, even though I already ran it since TLT came out!

no worries

everyone knew about the TLT + BTL-a4 + r3-a2 interaction before it ever saw play :P

just don't copy the rest of the list ;)

To be fair, when building Rebel lists I am having a very hard time not coming up with something that looks like a hybrid of Paul or Aaron's list. BTL-A4 + TLT + R3-A2 is to Rebels as Soontir Fel is to Imperials: both are very hard not to take in a list. I was talking to Aaron after, and he was even thinking that his 3K could potentially be improved by dropping a K for the stresshog.

to be un-fair: the stresshog was the first thing that came to -everybody's- mind once they saw tlt and had an ywing to slap it on.. ;-)

and no, the beauty that is the 3K list should not be deluted by including a non-K.

on a slightly less funny note: I'm beginning the get concerned that the stresshog will show up in FAR too many squads. it is VERY good and not that hard to use. I just hope it doesn't get to 'fat han' levels where in the next 3-4 tournaments everybody brings a stresshog. 

[time to park the phantom and bring a swarm..? :D]

Edited by WokeUpDead

Pff. I'm going to be trying a Stresshwk. 

while I applaud the effort, a stress-hwk is REALLY not that easy to fly past it's first engagement (getting tactian in the action, staying alive and out of arks..)

when it works, it works great. try torkil and palob for extra-hilarity. 

From the Top 32 lists:

14 had at least one TLT

12 had at least one Autothrusters

2 had both a TLT and Autothrusters (#1 and #31)

8 had neither a TLT or Autothrusters

Only 2 lists contained a ship that could take TLTs that didn't (#18 and #26)

Only 1 list contained a ship that could take Autothrusters that didn't (#2)

EDIT: Updated to reflect the missing list.

Edited by WWHSD

Pff. I'm going to be trying a Stresshwk. 

while I applaud the effort, a stress-hwk is REALLY not that easy to fly past it's first engagement (getting tactian in the action, staying alive and out of arks..)

when it works, it works great. try torkil and palob for extra-hilarity. 

I put a list together yesterday and played 2 games with it and won both.

List was:

Palob+Predator+TLT+Tactician+Moldy Crow+inertial dampeners

Torkil+TLT+Tactician

Trandoshan Slaver+Bossk+Tactician+Gunner

List 1 was Miranda Han = won with only Palob left standing

List 2 was Soontir, Vader and 2 Black Squadron Ties with crackshot - won with almost full Slaver and Palob standing

I put it together as a goofy build but it stays alive longer due to the fear of being double stressed with tlt/tactician and the slaver staying close as well.

Torkil goes down first but not before heavy damage on the opponents ace ship or ships and palob continues to steal their candy and deals stress along with slaver.

It is a modification to my tourny winning list that had the same slaver but kavil and drea instead of palob and torkil.

In my game against the imperial build, range 1(2 dice) from palob killed a double stressed soontir.

I updated my #25 squad... Sorry I was slacking. Now all those stats can be closer to completed. :)

TEN NUMB MADE TOP 32!  :D

I feel like that has to be the most unexpected outcome of the entire event. Though, it seems like a reasonable meta call; I fiddled with Ten Numb + VI + Mangler + Advanced Sensors when wave 6 came out, undodgeable crits from a ship that moves after him and can barrel roll before moving ruin Soontir's day. He's just so expensive...

Added a new table: max PS per squad, but cumulative distribution. The PS war is back around where it was in 2013, give or take.

Max Pilot Skill Per Squad: Cumulative Distribution

2013     2014     2015
1+         100.00%  100.00%  100.00%
2+          93.75%  100.00%  100.00%
3+          81.25%   87.50%   78.13%
4+          75.00%   87.50%   75.00%
5+          75.00%   87.50%   68.75%
6+          62.50%   81.25%   68.75%
7+          56.25%   81.25%   59.38%
8+          56.25%   81.25%   59.38%
9+          25.00%   56.25%   34.38%
10+          0.00%   25.00%   25.00%
11           0.00%   12.50%    3.13%

Given the ships in question, I don't really 'mind' the PS10: That's just a PS8 ship that wanted to play with the PS9s, and the mechanics for doing so come with an auto-trump.

But yeah, mid-PS ships need killer abilities to be viable. I do hope FFG eventually 'gets' this. One day. And gives them an EPT while they're there. :P

Added a meta breakdown between the three Worlds.

Meta Breakdown

2013      2014    2015

TIE Swarm               31.25%    18.75%    6.25%
4 Ship Rebels (no TLT)  18.75%     9.38%    0.00%
YT1300 + support        18.75%    12.50%    0.00%
Dual YT1300              6.25%     3.13%    0.00%
Rebel Swarm (no TLT)     6.25%     6.25%    3.13%
Bombers                  6.25%     0.00%    0.00%
Control                  6.25%     6.25%    6.25%
Misc Imperial            6.25%     0.00%    0.00%
Shuttle + Aces           0.00%     6.25%   12.50%
Fat Han                           25.00%    0.00%
Whisper + Miniswarm                9.38%    3.13%
6 Sigma                            3.13%    0.00%
TLT Spam                                   15.63%
4 Scum Turrets with TLTs                    3.13%
Rebel Swarm with TLTs                       3.13%
Rebel Ace + TLTs                            9.38%
Scum Ace + TLTs                             3.13%
BroBots                                    15.63%
Dash / Ace                                  9.38%
Rebel Aces (small)                          6.25%
VT-49 + Ace                                 3.13%

I also updated the numbers for everything else now that we have only 1 unknown squad remaining for Worlds 2015. (I assume that the lone Kihraxz had glitterstim since the squad was 98 points.) [edit: it was Feedback Array - tweaks the "vanilla generic" metric slightly.]

Y-wing points spent (including both Rebels and Scum) for 2015 was 29.28%. The only higher number for a single ship was 2013 TIE Fighters clocking in at 33.75%. Welcome to the new meta.

Do stress bots need their own entry?

Given the ships in question, I don't really 'mind' the PS10: That's just a PS8 ship that wanted to play with the PS9s, and the mechanics for doing so come with an auto-trump.

But yeah, mid-PS ships need killer abilities to be viable. I do hope FFG eventually 'gets' this. One day. And gives them an EPT while they're there. :P

I think the EPT might be just as important if not more so than the ability. If you got a PS 5 named pilot with JUST an EPT on the same PS progression as the special K or Royal Guards you might have enough. I'd still prefer a rules bending ability:

Scyk: when you BR you may stay in place but slide back or forward as usual.

Firespray: deploy overlapping any object. You may ignore objects the first round

Starviper: gain systems or Illicit slot

Alternatively, go big!

Interceptor: you may act and shoot in the activation phase and move in the combat phase.

Special K: when you use an expendable upgrade card, gain 1 focus or evade token

Bomber: you may equip up (PS) points missiles, torpedoes, or bombs for free (no PS discount on this one).

Just give us some playable mid levels. I'd even take PS restricted EPTs.

I updated my #25 squad... Sorry I was slacking. Now all those stats can be closer to completed. :)

TEN NUMB MADE TOP 32!  :D

I feel like that has to be the most unexpected outcome of the entire event. Though, it seems like a reasonable meta call; I fiddled with Ten Numb + VI + Mangler + Advanced Sensors when wave 6 came out, undodgeable crits from a ship that moves after him and can barrel roll before moving ruin Soontir's day. He's just so expensive...

I was hoping to play against Soontir or similar evasive ships all day, but I only faced a Soontir once. Ten Numb still picked on stuff all day. Beat a Jake Farrell in round 1, and a Xizor in round 5 for example.

But yes he was a hard counter which I did not get ideal match-ups for and his fragility cost my overall MOV that made me miss the cut.