Sign in to follow this  
DWRR

DWRR's Shipyards - X-Wing Edition

Goddamit, this might be my favourite repaint squadron now, a position previously held by the amazing work of Macross. Weathering can often appear overdone imo, but it's balanced so well here with the clean colour scheme, and your brushwork is amazing. Great concept too.

Gratz! 

Evening fellow Pilots. I had a few spare moments tonight so was able to put up the painting 'how to' for my 'Rag Tag' Rebel Squadron.

As I say at the end of the article, if you have any questions or want further explanation just ask away.

https://dwrr.wordpress.com/2015/11/02/how-i-painted-my-rag-tag-rebel-squadron/

image10.jpeg?w=723

Edited by DWRR

These look great!  The high contrast is what sets them apart for me  ;).

For me, it's your cockpit details that put these repaints over-the-top. They're downright excellent! From the glaze to the light reflections ... exquisite job!

These are both key for a tabletop miniature. A nice high contrast to show off the detail and something to make the model 'pop' like a bright canopy.

Goddamit, this might be my favourite repaint squadron now, a position previously held by the amazing work of Macross. Weathering can often appear overdone imo, but it's balanced so well here with the clean colour scheme, and your brushwork is amazing. Great concept too.Gratz!

I want to see Macross and DWRR have a 'paint off' ... and then give all the models to me.

Seriously .. Beautiful stuff. I saw your post in Reddit and had to show a friend. She couldn't believe the level of detail obtained on such a small surface.

Aw shucks, ☺️ thanks.

I honestly think Macross is much more neat and focused painter and well... just plain better than me. The various Scum ships inspired by insects and animals... Stunning!

Edited by DWRR

Start simple. Simple colour scheme, simple ship.

Pick up some acrylic colours from a well known hobby brand - P3, Valejo, Games Workshop etc. Get some good brushes and just focus on putting one thinned down basecoat onto the model.

Only once you have been able to neatly paint the whole modem one colour should you move onto blocking in some of the details or painting an ink over the top of your basecoat. Small steps. Keep it simple and always water your paints down.

The best thing you can do is just start. Pick up a few grey paints, a good fine detail brush and a basecoat brush and just give it a try.