Sign in to follow this  
McFoy

Raider Loadout - Custom team match

Next Thursday we will be running a custom game at a LGS where  rebel and imperial will have three players with 50 points to spend each. As the odd man out I will be flying an imperial raider as a third team. We will be playing on a 9x3 surface with my goal being to reach from one side to the other to win while the imperial and rebels players have to destroy both me and the other team to win. We decided that I'd have 150 points to play around with to put me on par with their totals so I came up with the following list:

145 points Pilots ------

Raider-class Corvette (aft) (76) Raider-class Corvette (50),

Shield Technician (1), WED-15 Repair Droid (2), Ion Cannon Battery (6), Quad Laser Cannons (6),

Engineering Team (4), Sensor Team (4), Engine Booster (3)

Raider-class Corvette (fore) (69) Raider-class Corvette (50), Single Turbolasers (8), Gunnery Team (4), Backup Shield Generator (3), Instigator (4)

I was curious to see if you guys might have any thoughts on how to make it better (or worse if it may be unbalanced). Any help would be appreciated. 

Raider-Class Corvette: Raider-Class Corvette (Fore) (50)

Gunnery Team (4)

Tibanna Gas Supplies (4)

Single Turbolasers (2 Energy) (8)

Raider-Class Corvette: Raider-Class Corvette (Aft) (50)

Weapons Engineer (3)

Fleet Officer (3)

· Impetuous (3)

Sensor Team (4)

Engineering Team (4)

Single Turbolasers (2 Energy) (8)

Quad Laser Cannons (2 Energy) (6)

This is very effective for me. It is important to have other PS 4 and up ships to help weaken tougher fighters but in theory and often practice you will have a target lock for every shot you make being able to maintain 2 TL and re-aquiring after you kill a ship. Weapons engineer is one of the best crew you can buy on a big ship IMO.

Irregardless, make sure your raider is geared specifically to do a job and that it WILL do it otherwise you will have a long struggle ahead of you.

My other advice would be to use a title and take everything you can to get the mileage out of it.

Raider-class Corvette (Fore) (50)

Ion Cannon Battery (6)

Engineering Team (4)

Raider-class Corvette (Aft) (50)

Shield Technician (1)

Admiral Ozzel (2)

Ion Cannon Battery (6)

Quad Laser Cannons (6)

Gunnery Team (4)

Tibanna Gas Supplies (4)

Instigator (4)

Total: 137

Stop them in their tracks, top up your shields and convert them into extra energy with Ozzel.

Take out the weak ones first, the less guns on you the better.

Raider-class Corvette (Fore) (50)
Ion Cannon Battery (6)
Engineering Team (4)

Raider-class Corvette (Aft) (50)
Shield Technician (1)
Admiral Ozzel (2)
Ion Cannon Battery (6)
Quad Laser Cannons (6)
Gunnery Team (4)
Tibanna Gas Supplies (4)
Instigator (4)

Total: 137

Stop them in their tracks, top up your shields and convert them into extra energy with Ozzel.

Take out the weak ones first, the less guns on you the better.

Good call, the players aren't bad but they aren't overly experienced either. At least one will be running a big ship and as much fun as turbolasers would be I doubt they would enjoy it too much. Ion's would give me a good oppurtunity to disrupt the battle but not swing it to either side too much if I spread my gifts around.

Just a heads up but Instigator and Backup Shield Generator do not trigger together. In order to get Instigator's benefit you have to perform a recover action with the front section of your raider which can sometimes be a hard choice over reinforce.

I still have to look over how big ships work really... I probably would not have noticed that so thank you.