Sign in to follow this  
Engine25

Petition to REQUIRE the New Damage Deck

I vote NEW DAMAGE DECK ***ONLY***

---

That we're even fighting for something FFG convinced us made absolute sense (one dmg deck (TFA core version)) makes zero sense (dual dmg decks). How is anyone complaining about being forced to buy a new TFA Coreset even worth pandering to in the first place?

Because i'm awesome and they love me for all the ideas i've given them.

Was that not clear?

I read your "not gonna waste time/money on new Coreset just to get a mandatory dmg deck" post and immediately thought about mailing you a dmg deck. No kidding. Yes, I would rather send you my 3rd (I have 3 old cores and 3 new cores) new_damage_deck than see you post all this nonsense. PM me your PO box and/or nearest Arby's and I'll send you one.

This is not a joke.

:lol:

Horrible decision to leave ship builds partial immune to damage decks at thier discretion in organized play. The only way I find this ok is if your opponent provides your damage deck.

If that were the case, I'd have to look through all the cards to ensure you handed me a legal deck.  and you'd want to do the same.  Repeat every match.  

Horrible decision to leave ship builds partial immune to damage decks at thier discretion in organized play. The only way I find this ok is if your opponent provides your damage deck.

If that were the case, I'd have to look through all the cards to ensure you handed me a legal deck.  and you'd want to do the same.  Repeat every match.  

Don't you kinda want to do that anyway? I mean, if you suspect someone of cheating, there's really no difference between rigging a deck for your opponent to suffer and rigging a deck to help you weather the storm.

How about they just include new damage decks in this years tournament packets and stores pass them out to anyone who attends. It could even be covered by a slightly higher cost to the store. It also wouldn't be that big of a loss at all to get everyone on the same page.

How about they just include new damage decks in this years tournament packets and stores pass them out to anyone who attends. It could even be covered by a slightly higher cost to the store. It also wouldn't be that big of a loss at all to get everyone on the same page.

Absolutely agree.  

FFG should just include damage decks along with tournament kits.  

Absolutely agree.  

FFG should just include damage decks along with tournament kits.  

As someone who already owns the new damage deck, that works for me too. I have plenty of friends who play casually and don't attend tourneys. Being able to pick up some extra decks to pass along would be splendid.

Edit: I've just discovered an actual petition site opposing the new decision:http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/require-the-use-of-the-new-damage-deck-in-xwing

I intended to sign it untill it required me to pay for the priviledge. 

I think it is a bad decision by FFG but i will not pay to sign a petetion.

You don't have to pay to sign OP's petition. Try again, maybe you misread it.

If that were the case, I'd have to look through all the cards to ensure you handed me a legal deck. and you'd want to do the same. Repeat every match.

That's no different then someone stacking a deck in thier favor right now And a bannable offense from all organized play.

In fact the more I think about that rule change the more I like it. It still doesn't require you to buy the new core but I am positive anyone crying about buying a new core set would do it anyway once they realize it will give them a slight advantage in organized play yet removes thie whining about being forced to buy it.

Edited by Gungo

What's the point in bringing out a new deck to make crits consistent if you suddenly allow players to choose to use the old, inferior deck? I'm assuming it's because LFL wouldn't let them update the old core, but this defeats the point of the new deck.

If you aren't using secondaries or lack a critical pilot ability, why would you ever use the new deck? Squads will always have the deck that impacts them the least: it's a crit nerf.

I usually defend FFG on almost everything, but this move is moronic.

If you desperately need to maintain the old deck, give the choice of which deck to the opponent.

Edited by Blue Five

Well, you could ensure rules on that, like no more than two or three copies of the same card. 

I like that actually because then FFG can easily add cards with expansions to reflect the meta and adjust balance that way.

Fat Han dominating? Add a crit card that kills a crewmember. 

Autothrusters killing the competition? Thruster failure to the rescue.

Deckbuilding a damage deck, when you deal damage you play one of your cards on the enemy ship.

And not every match, just at the start of the tournament with the TO, just hand him a list along with your fleet list.

Edited by Dagonet

Currently FF doesn't have a way to deliver the new damage deck without basically charging an extra $40 entry fee for tournaments. Personally, I did the new ships and already got the new box, and will prob get a second, but for a lot of existing players there is not a lot for them in the box. Most have enough carboard dice and move templates. There is a thread a week about why X wings don't get used. So if you fly say a Falcon and an Outrunner, or a flock of interceptors, the new box is not a great investment.

When you can by the deck separate, mandate away. Until that time they made the right call.

If that were the case, I'd have to look through all the cards to ensure you handed me a legal deck. and you'd want to do the same. Repeat every match.

That's no different then someone stacking a deck in thier favor right now And a bannable offense from all organized play.

In fact the more I think about that rule change the more I like it. It still doesn't require you to buy the new core but I am positive anyone crying about buying a new core set would do it anyway once they realize it will give them a slight advantage in organized play yet removes thie whining about being forced to buy it.

Nope never paying £25 for a stack of small cards.

No interest in the ties, don't need the cardboard and can proxy the cards and it's against my nature to spend money on stuff just to throw it away.

No interest in the ties, don't need the cardboard and can proxy the cards and it's against my nature to spend money on stuff just to throw it away.

So you are not even a tournament player (proxies are illegal in tournament settings) but have gone out of your way to intentionally mess with the tournament environment?

Wow. Thanks.

Edit: I've just discovered an actual petition site opposing the new decision:http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/require-the-use-of-the-new-damage-deck-in-xwing

I intended to sign it untill it required me to pay for the priviledge. 

I think it is a bad decision by FFG but i will not pay to sign a petetion.

You don't have to pay to sign OP's petition. Try again, maybe you misread it.

Yeah I didn't have to pay to sign it...

Signed! As I believe this is two steps back in regards to game balance and FFG have basically hamstrung themselves when it comes to future Rules changes and game components as they have shown that there opinions and policies can be subverted by the vocal minority spitting the dummies out the pram!

So you are not even a tournament player (proxies are illegal in tournament settings) but have gone out of your way to intentionally mess with the tournament environment?

Wow. Thanks.

There are plenty who do play competitively and feel the same way, there's nothing wrong with me lending them support.

It's no different than when I supported people that objected to only being able to use faction specific dials.

What effects the small minority that play competitively does effect casual players, the phantom change for example.

Stop thinking of the minority and consider everyone who plays.

I don't think a petition will get anywhere. What I would strongly recommend instead is getting in touch with FFG's Organized Play group directly. They can be found at organizedplay@fantasyflightgames.com, or on Facebook.

If you decide to reach out, be polite. Explain that you're an X-wing tournament player, and that you're disappointed in the ruling. Briefly--briefly--explain why you think it's a detriment to the game. Don't be rude or offensive, and keep it to a few readable sentences rather than an essay.

All they had to do was start putting the new deck in the old core set. At the least. That's it really.

Selling it separately after it was mandatory would have been good too. I would have thought that was simple.

Isn't that the case though, new deck in original set? Takes time for old stock to be sold though.

They could take a page out of North Star Games' book though, you could exchange the first edition cards for Evolution with the second edition for free, at least at Essen. If I'm not mistaken, otherwise it was for very cheap.

Is it? As far as I'm aware ther has never been an official statement that the new deck will ever be in the old core set. It's only an assumption. I will stand correted on this though, if someone has proof.