Sign in to follow this  
darthkray

The Empire has Palp...

no....no they don't.  plus, in this era, it wouldn't be thematic either.

Yoda isn't thematic in a Star Wars game set during the time that we first see yoda?   Cmon man, I think your version of theme differs from mine. 

Yoda's ability should be tied to when he lifts Luke's X-Wing out of the swamp - he can force one ship (enemy or friendly) to do a barrel roll.   You get to perform the barrel roll move for the ship, even if it is enemy. 

Edited by Crabbok

Yoda's ability better be dice fixing

"I...I don't believe it"

"That is why you fail...cheat, you must! URREHEEHEHEHEHEH!"

also, the rebs already have counters to palpie. It's called

1.) shoot him a lot

2.) rebel control (r3-a2 god of stress, and the immaculate K-wing conner net)

3.) shoot him a lot, part 2 (TLTs! poor empire :()

Edited by ficklegreendice

Yoda isn't thematic in a Star Wars game set during the time that we first see yoda?   Cmon man, I think your version of theme differs from mine. 

Yoda's ability should be tied to when he lifts Luke's X-Wing out of the swamp - he can force one ship (enemy or friendly) to do a barrel roll.   You get to perform the barrel roll move for the ship, even if it is enemy. 

Too bad you can't barrel roll of the edge any more!

Nah. Yoda's ability should say, pick any friendly X-wing, you can throw into an enemy ship. :D

The Emperor is a pretty powerful addition to the game. Rebels need a counter to him. Imo

I disagree.  The Empire does not have the synergy that the Rebels do.  It is very easy to pass around buffs and actions in Rebel lists.  For the most part, the Empire wins with numbers.  The way I see the Emperor is that he is a counter to how synergistic the Rebellion is.

Or Yoda could "Train" another pilot, exclusively.  

"At the start of turn 1, select one friendly ship.  Increase that ship's pilot ability by 1 and at the start of each combat phase, assign one focus to that ship". 

Powerful, but not insanely broken.  Could be similar to the Emperor's cost - you get a mini VI, (Which could stack with VI, and not consume an EPT), and an auto focus without a an action.  

Or Yoda could "Train" another pilot, exclusively.  

"At the start of turn 1, select one friendly ship.  Increase that ship's pilot ability by 1 and at the start of each combat phase, assign one focus to that ship". 

Powerful, but not insanely broken.  Could be similar to the Emperor's cost - you get a mini VI, (Which could stack with VI, and not consume an EPT), and an auto focus without a an action.  

*cough* POE *cough cough*

Obiwan: (1 point) discard this card to remove 1 tractor beam token.

Obiwan (force ghost): (5 points) once pre round. choose one friendly ship. That ship may spend a blue target lock token to turn all their blanks to hits. Deal the first damage face up.

Edited by CheapCreep

The Emperor is a pretty powerful addition to the game. Rebels need a counter to him. Imo

I disagree.  The Empire does not have the synergy that the Rebels do.  It is very easy to pass around buffs and actions in Rebel lists.  For the most part, the Empire wins with numbers.  The way I see the Emperor is that he is a counter to how synergistic the Rebellion is.

rebel synergy is generally overblown

having ships dependent on another for an overall strategy is a great way to fly predictably and lose a lot of advantage when the opponent takes out a specific, generally more expensive target

besides, empire has Howlrunner. That's synergy worth including

the empire does not counter anything (apart from insidiously crap dice), he is simply a powerful upgrade with a point cost and upgrade slot restriction to match

Edited by ficklegreendice

Obiwan: (1 point) discard this card to remove 1 tractor beam token.

Obiwan (force ghost): (5 points) once pre round. choose one friendly ship. That ship may spend a blue target lock token to turn all their blanks to hits. Deal the first damage face up.

How about this:

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Once per turn a friendly ship at range 1-2 may spend a target lock to turn all hits to crits.

This would tie in with how he tells Luke to "use the force" and Luke turns off the targeting computer before destroying the death star.  I'm not sure what the appropriate price would be, two crew slots and 6 pts?  It wouldn't be used as frequently as the Emperor, but when it is used, it could have a huge impact.

Rebels have even tons of shields (takes time until crits begin to hurt). And apart from the exception IG88A are Rebels the only faction with regeneration systems.

The counter to Palp is not being afraid of the list and playing against it, maybe losing a few times and then ultimately learning how to counter it.  It's one frickin' die result per turn!  Sure it can make a good roll better, or save a terrible result, but it's one single result.  There are so many counters to it, it boggles the mind.  The reason everyone's crazy about it is because it became a thing at recent tournaments, because no one thought about it and didn't have the chance to plan.  It's the same with TLTs, they came in all hot and scary winning things.  Now people have figured out how to deal with them better, or at least account for them.  The more I'm seeing the meta, the more we're getting closer to a true rock/paper/scissor type game.  There will be no one list, even though Brobots still frighten the bejeebus out of me (4-dice attack minimum, reroll with thrusters and 3agi, *shudder*).  ;)

Yoda would be awesome.  If  it hurts your head to think he is out of era or non thematic FFG could do it this way:   ·"Yoda's Ghost"At the start of the Combat phase assign 3 focus tokens to any friendly ships as you wish." 6 points